tuscl

Moved to border of Oklahoma and Texas, looking for good clubs in Dallas

Originally from LA, California...

Looking for clubs in Dallas similar to the ones in city of industry like synn or Sahara theater in Anaheim

19 comments

• TFP
    4 years ago
    Sorry I have no info on OK/TX clubs. But as a CA resident myself I am curious if the cost of living is really that much better in other parts of the country. What are you experiencing so far?
  • YoniLover
    4 years ago
    I’m living on the country side. Population of the city I’m at is around 500 people. Closest thing to anything like LA, OC, SD, or Bay Area is Dallas.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Well if at the border of Oklahoma and Texas, then the COL is *definitely* better.

As for city-to-city comparisons...

“You would need around 4,537.86$ in Dallas, TX to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 6,300.00$ in Los Angeles, CA (assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our Cost of Living Plus Rent Index to compare cost of living. This assumes net earnings (after income tax).”

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co…
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Nicespice. With your way with numbers, I'm thinking I should hire you to do my taxes. But, alas, I have no deductions anymore and can do my taxes with a crayon.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Need the OP to hit up Baby Dolls Dallas and tell us if Dugan's whining about drink prices is actually warranted.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Having lived in both California and Texas, the two biggest financial differences are income tax and home price. So, the people who will experience the biggest savings by moving from LA/SF to Texas are higher income people who own their home.

There are two other major differences. First, the Texas economy is stronger, making it easier to find a job. Second, the culture and lifestyle are very different. Many years ago, California had an easy going culture. Now, it’s all about traffic, crime, and invasive government.

Just like the European wave of immigrants in the 1800s, the early wave of California to Texas immigrants, with their reports of success, will spawn an exponential flood of immigrants.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    A nice, 2,000 square foot home in Torrance California is about $1,000,000. In Wichita Falls Texas, the same house on twice the land, is $200,000.

Someone in Torrance, with $400,000 of home equity, struggling to pay a $600,000 mortgage could move to Wichita Falls with no mortgage and $200,000 of cash in the bank.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    For strip clubs LA is tops in America. It’s gonna be tough to find something near that. I just don’t think Dallas is on that level. Ain’t a bad strip club town though ime
  • YoniLover
    4 years ago
    Or which clubs has VIP rooms that actually give privacy? Lol
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    YL should do 1 of 2 things:

1) Submit a club review prior to trolling for info.(you know, give before ye receive.)
    2) Stop by desertscub's place for a power wash session on your way to TX....
  • bigman226
    4 years ago
    Find Harry Hines Blvd. Between 635 & NW highway there's about 10 clubs offering COI experience
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>“A nice, 2,000 square foot home in Torrance California is about $1,000,000. In Wichita Falls Texas, the same house on twice the land, is $200,000.

Someone in Torrance, with $400,000 of home equity, struggling to pay a $600,000 mortgage could move to Wichita Falls with no mortgage and $200,000 of cash in the bank.”

Not to get too nitpicky, but Wichita Falls and Torrence are two ~way~ different areas. Torrance to Los Angeles is a 26-34 minute commute. (At least according to my maps, I’m sure it could be worse than that) Wichita Falls to Dallas is 2hr,2 min-2hr,28min drive. I’m not familiar enough with each city to get a more fair comparison, but my guess would be to compare Torrance with either Plano or Arlington or Wichita Falls TX with Delano, CA.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    But I’m sure either way Texas would come out on top with regard to cost. And I’m okay with bashing the People’s Republic of California. (Tho I still want to do an extended camping trip out there one day)
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    But that being said, I’ve personally hung out in Wichita Falls before. And despite the taxes and other bs I’d probably have to pick Torrance CA. Wichita Falls is a *really* miserable place. As far as smaller Texas town places I’ll take Lubbock or Kerville or Fredericksburg or Corpus area towns way before I’d go for Wichita Falls. Not going to make the effort to look up the cost comparison but trust me any differences would be worth it lol.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    @Nicespice. I've been stuck in traffic so bad near Torrance that it was almost a 2 hour trip to Beverly Hills. The 405 has some of the worst traffic in the US and Torrance is just off the 405.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “ I’m not familiar enough with each city to get a more fair comparison, but my guess would be to compare Torrance with either Plano or Arlington or Wichita Falls TX with Delano, CA.”

The original poster said he was living near the OK/TX border, so I used an example from that area.

Yes, Plano and Arlington are kinda/sorta comparable to Torrance. But, I wanted to show how dramatic a change in location could change someone’s life from living paycheck-to-paycheck to damn-near-retired.

I’ve never been to Wichita Falls but I have lived in similar size cities in different parts of the US. No, it’s not like living in LA. Not even close. That’s the whole point. No traffic. Little crime. Know your neighbors. Slow pace. The word I would use to describe modern LA is “rage”.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I drove the 405 from LAX to Fountain Valley for 20 years. Took me 3 hours once. I just checked Zillo and my old house(2000 sq ft with pool) estimated price $945K. Wish I'd have kept it and rented it out.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Someone with a regular job, such as auto mechanic, will never be able to buy their first house in LA or SF. However, they could easily qualify for a nice 3Bed/2Bath in a safe neighborhood in many parts of Texas.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Crime in LA proper (not suburbs) is worse, yes. But for such a spacious area, Wichita Falls manages to pull off a decent amount of crime. Yeah, LA proper crime rates are terrible. But comparing this Torrance place to Wichita Falls, and Torrance is safer by a landslide.

https://www.areavibes.com/wichita+falls-…
    https://www.areavibes.com/torrance-ca/cr…

It’s also *very* isolated. If one had their eye on procreating, it’s the type of place one’s children would be more at risk of teenage pregnancy or falling into drugs. When it comes to smaller areas, picking the *right* area imo requires more due diligence. I say that as somebody who has lived in a smaller town a bit outside the Austin area. I personally was more isolated from that thanks to the tiny bubble of being in “honors” classes, But overall, teenage pregnancies and crack was definitely a thing there. And anyone who had any small amount of ambition ended up either in college away from there, or at minimum moved away from that particular town.

Yes there can be lots of bad influences in cities too, but with how isolating smaller areas are, every flaw becomes more impressionable with less things to possibly balance it out. At least imo.

Also, the cost of living may be nice, but the job opportunities are lower alongside it. I guess whether or not it’s worth it anyways in Wichita Falls depends on what specific job one has or wants to have. I will concede that I’d WAY rather be a dancer in Wichita Falls vs any LA area clubs. 👀 But then again, there are way more club scenes in Texas I’d pick over the particular club I’m thinking of in Wichita Falls.

Yes I’ve been going a bit off-tangent. But I’m harping on Wichita Falls specifically because I have been there before. Even before looking up crime stats, there is something off-putting about the general mood of that town. There are other smaller areas in Texas I’d have no problem going to however.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion