tuscl

Pot harvest

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Began cannabis harvesting today, got 45 colas of buds into drying room. After wet trimming, this year had an extra step, washing to get any ash from the fires out of the buds. 45 branches is a lot of trimming, I mostly trimmed, wife mostly washed; we were about 3 hours on task. I’d say we got ½ of first plant, only 1 and ½ to go. My fingers are tired, but that’s probably our year’s supply already.

Anyone else here grow their own? Are your girls getting ripe and ready? Had a good growing year (except for the ash), couple of plump six footers.

37 comments

• Eve
    4 years ago
    " Are your girls getting ripe and ready? "

Well sometimes they get a little tender and sore to touch towards a certain time of the month.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    In a year or 2 I wanted to get into the legal weed business.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I want to know who is downvoting a post about weed
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Icey, we rarely agree on anything, but you're right on that one.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Looks like Eve's been tapping into some of gSteph's stash.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @IceyDod - Why not start an imaginary legal weed business? It seems like a natural for an imaginerary pimp.

And it looks like I was one of 4 people who down voted the original post in this thread.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Weed might help you
  • winex
    4 years ago
    It would only help if having a good memory, a strong work ethic and self motivation were problems for me.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Down voted? Why?
    Not that I care much, just curious.

I like growing pot, been growing my vegetables for 35 years, once it got legal, hell, why not? Oregon probably has the least expensive legal weed, but we still save $$$ growing our own.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    gSteph - I down voted. Nothing personal, I simply don’t like pot.

Which makes my opinion on legality somewhat confusing. I am a Libertarian leaning Republican. I believe in a small and weak Federal government that never strays from the enumerated powers granted to it by the Constitution.

Therefore Federal drug laws ( which still apply to Oregon even though they aren’t being enforced ) seem illogical.

But even though I think that pot should be legal, I think that smoking it ( or vaporizing it, eating it, or brewing it as tea) is foolish. Physically, smoking is the worst method of consumption. Inhaling hot vapors from any vegan i’ve matter isn’t hard on the lungs.

But outside of the damage to the lungs, it does carry certain cognitive effects. The vast majority of the effects are short lived, but if you consume it regularly, does that really matter?
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Dave? Dave? Dave? .... Dave's not here
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    So you claim to be libertarian but claim that your personal views should dictate social norms. Fucking idiot poser
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Even Libertarians don’t like people who fuck dogs.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Cf how 8s that autistic dating site?
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Coz stripper hoes love autistic white republicans who hate weed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I love weed and smoke every day. Great memory still.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @IceyDodo - what do human women you meet think about your canine companions?

And what do they think about your paranoid delusions?

I bet they all think that you are a liable loser, don’t they?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Skibum - I don’t smoke pot. But I did come of age in the 70s and went to college in the 80s. (I didn’t go to graduate school until the 90s)

It’s not like I am naive about pot. I used to be a daily smoker too. While it is easier to be functional while smoking pot than it is to be functional while abusing other drugs (including alcohol), when you are stoned, you are operating under diminished capacity.

Life is perfectly fine with a clear mind.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Life isn't fine with an autistic mind.

That aside......

I smoke every day and have no problem functioning

It relieves stress

• winex
    4 years ago
    I think that you have a lot more problems functioning than you are man enough to admit.

Do you have a job?

How far did you go in school?

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you want to get into the legal weed business in one to two years - what's the path that will take you there?

You are showing the forum the delusions of a dog fucker.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Aurora Cannabis /buy hold till it becomes an aqusition target /smaller mom and pops in this industry and undercapitalized startups will be crushed by JnJ or P&G and other major players like Coke and Pepsi
    As far as starting your own grow operations lol
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Based off that one hit I had once in Eugene, GSteph has some great stuff. Took a while to feel anything and then once that happened, oops gotta sit in this random coffee shop for an hour and feel euphoric. Fun times.

I don’t grow, but I am also not frequent enough that I probably wouldn’t. I still haven’t hit up any dispensaries in Denver yet because I still have have some edibles left that I bought a year ago from Oregon. 😅
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    ^ I hope the coffee was good 🙂
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I can't do edibles. They always take too long to hit and when they do...... Lol

I remember the first time I tried a chocolate bar. I didn't feel anything within like an hour after taking the recommended dose so I ate the whole thing.

I greened out so bad.

But the next day felt extremely euphoric
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I'm a lightweight now when it comes to marijuana, so it doesn't take much at all (in whatever form it's in) to put me in a parallel universe.

I have a fondness for edibles though. If gSteph makes edibles on top of growing his own stash, I'd be all for trying them.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    yep, reality avoided again IceyDogO. ( DogO is short for dog orgasm )

Not nearly as functional as you claim to be.

No answer on the education.

Did you drop out of high school? Or did you actually get a GED?

No answer on the job. From what I understand, being an imaginary pimp doesn’t pay very well.

No plan to get in the legal weed business in one to two years. Let me guess, that’s how long it will take at your present rate of savings to buy a single high pressure sodium bulb and you have an equally reliable buddy that you are counting on to buy the ballast.

You even thought of a name for the business - Dumbass Farms.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I admit it. I am stuck in the 70's lol.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Skibum - it was definitely a simpler time.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I once dated a girl who made weed pesto and a weed herb butter. She even made Ethiopian collard greens with weed.

My experience comes down to trying a weed salad....just weed with ranch. Wouldn't recommend it lulz
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I smoked a lot of pot in my teens and early 20s. I don’t know if it was the pot (probably) or my age, but I would lose (wallet, keys, coat, etc) a lot of things especially when I was high. I quit when I got a responsible job that drug tested. I feel like I got a lot more sharp mentally and stopped losing and forgetting things.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I didn't lose things. But like you, responsible jobs and urinalysis made me have to grow up.

Also, like you, I noticed a difference in mental acuity.

And let's face it here, it's not like IceyDogO is one of the worlds greatest geniuses. He could really use any increase in brainpower he gets - no matter how small.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Back in the early 80's when I was living in So. Cal. I was not a pot smoker but I did try it 3 times and all of the parties I went to were attended by mostly pot smokers.

I was given some seeds and just for fun decided to see if I could grow them in my sandy soil garden that I kept going year round. When they were big enough I moved them to the garden and planted them where it would be very difficult to be seen. The house and 5' cinder block wall blocked them from view except for one of the 4 sides of my lot. That side faced my neighbors house and the plants could be visible if you were up high enough to look over the wall.

The 5 plants grew well and when they were about 4' tall somebody climbed over the wall and pulled them out. I suspected that it was the teen agers that lived next door and had bed rooms on the second floor.

No I didn't report it to the police. :)
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I guess I could have avoided weed and gone through life as an A+. Instead I chose to smoke every day and go through life as a B+. I don't have champagne tastes and a B+ life buys a lot of beer.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Ha ha - we’ll I’m maybe B+ without pot. While I smoked I was B-/C - literally - those were my grades in HS.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Getting zombie high at a concert and staying out until 2am the night before SATs didn’t help my early adulthood trajectory either.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I was never irresponsible. Id smoke after getting things done. It was like a reward to look forward to. It motivated me lulz
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Done. Finally. Giving away the last half of a plant.

Eve: > If gSteph makes edibles ...

Yeah, that's our main way now. When covid started, we decided to mostly park the vaporizer. For my last 3-4 years of work, I'd usually eat my 1/2 browny about 3pm so buzz would start by 4:20 on the way home. These days we've simplified the recipe, decarb the pot, fine grind it with a coffe grinder, and fill a OO capsule.

Hey, time for one now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion