tuscl

The Surprising Spawn of Hornibastard

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:38 AM
Last night I watched “Samsara” with Mrs. Hornibastard and our 11-year old twins. Samsara is a non-narrative cinematographic tour de force by Ron Fricke (who also directed “Koyaanisqatsi,” another non-narrative masterpiece). Samsara depicts a wide range of riveting images that range from the sublime to the revolting, and the fascinating to the macabre. [view link] If you haven’t seen Samsara or Koyaanisqatsi, I recommend them of them both to you. As a teaser, there is a scene filmed in Bangkok’s Cascade Go-Go Bar in Nana Plaza that I suspect most of you will enjoy. (See if you can spot the lovely that you DON’T want to buy out of the bar!) There are two scenes in Samsara filmed at the Thiksey Buddhist Monastery in India, one near the beginning and another near the end. Not only was my 11-year old spawn already aware of the Thiksey Monastery, he comprehended the somewhat obtuse significance of the two scenes! I was flabbergasted! I underestimated the young (but no longer so little) fucker. I genuinely thought he only knew or cared about MineCraft. Now if I can just get him to remember to brush his teeth!

8 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I remember as a child, my parents would take me to see James Bond movies. They never said anything as Bond would have one woman after another.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Bloviating bitch lulz
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    @reverendhornibastard Looking for wheat among the chaff here on TUSCL often times seems a fool’s errand. Just when all appears lost there is that barely perceptible glimmer of hope followed by the first hint of nautical twilight and then a ray of sunshine. There have been a good number of interesting people over the years though more often than not they decide to go straight and leave. I hope you’ll stick around for a while.
  • reverendhornibastard
    4 years ago
    Thanks, BabyDoc. I’ve been a pervert ever my upper lip started getting fuzzy (and that was a LONG time ago). As long As I remain on the right side of the grass, I’ll be on TUSCL from time to time.
  • Daybreaker
    4 years ago
    I love Samsara. Saw it a few years ago and thought about it for days afterward.
  • RiskA
    4 years ago
    I saw Koyaanisqatsi in an art theater in the 1980’s, then again at UCLA with Philip Glass & an orchestra playing the soundtrack live. “Masterpiece” is accurate; even better if watched with “altered consciousness” (tho I wouldn’t recommend that for your 11-year old). Never thought I’d read about that movie on a monger site....
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Is indonesia a good spot for sex tourism? Whats it like to marry an Indonesian hooker and bringing her to the us?
  • TxVegas
    4 years ago
    The intro to the bond movies had apparent nudity. The girls in the shadows showed nipples and it was still PG. Twelve year old me wanted to replay it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion