tuscl

Gale Sayers Dead at age 77

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
I don't know how many of you would remember but he was the youngest player ever to be inducted into the HOF and was celebrated at many positions multiple positions, he was a great running back and a five time All Pro a Pro Bowl selection four times and won three Pro Bowl MVPs he was also a star Kick Returner in his later years he had been suffering from Alzheimer's brought on by his playing days with the Chicago Bears

24 comments

• winex
    4 years ago
    Did he have a dying wish?

Just kidding.

I know who he was, but never saw him play live. He retired to early because of a knee injury.

He was definitely a great player.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    RIP Gale. His book was the basis for the movie Brian's Song.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    He was amazing. Smooth as silk and a great, classy guy. Brian's Song is a grest sports movie and one of the few you can watch with your lady.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "Did he have a dying wish?"

Yeah he said he wanted Trump to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice. 😇

RIP
  • winex
    4 years ago
    There is a dying wish that should be granted!
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    he was before my time, but i saw him in person at the mirage hotel in las vegas when i was there for vacation. he was at the hotel doing an autograph signing
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    RIP to a class act, on and off the field.
  • RockAllNight
    4 years ago
    RIP Gale.
    He was one of three posters on my wall as a 11-12 year old. The others were Dick Butkus and Joe Namath.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    Oh skibum And his kkklan only likes black people when they run and jump for their entertainment, Not when they have an opinion on police brutality. Typical bum ass racist 😂
  • winex
    4 years ago
    go ahead ChickenShit - show us what you think about the police. I already told you what the title of the thread is going to be - “ChickenShit sure was a dumb ass”,

It’s time to fulfill your destiny.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I read his book “I am third” during high school. Great back and returner.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Never saw him play but he seemed he was ahead of his time with his ability
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Gayle Sayers scoring 6 TDs in one game against San Francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooIZqbT…
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    I remember watching the movie, Brian’s Song when I was a kid. I believe Gayle Sayers was either in the movie or wrote the movie. Maybe both.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    RIP Gale. A great player and a class act all around.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The Police kill criminals who ask to be killed. Race isn't a factor. Some parents in some communities raise their children to be angry, defiant, uncooperative, and violent towards the police, despite the inevitable result. Too bad, so sad. Strip clubbing was fun last night.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Da Fuque
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    I just went through a list of the "30 Best Runners in NFL history, and Gale Sayers wasn't on it. WTF!!!!!!

He may have had durability issues, but he may have been the best back I ever watched.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Imagine in he played in today's flag football nfl.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    "Give me 18 inches of daylight. That's all I need."
    - Gale Sayers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5ZjoiS…
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned he was the last player to score six touchdowns in a game which happened against San Francisco on December 12 1965, and he also holds the record for the longest kick return 103 yards against Pittsburgh on September 17, 1967
    the game has changed and it will be near impossible for any one to match the totality of his legacy
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    25: Are you sure about still holding the record part ? Because Travis Williams (Packers) later in the same 1967 season returned a kickoff 104 yards against the Rams. I know because I watched that game on TV. (9 Dec 1967). In 2013, Cordarrelle Peterson (Vikings) set the current record of a 109 yard kickoff return vs Packers.

Did you mean to say holds team record vs NFL record ? Not to take away from his (Sayers) stellar career. Carry on....
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That should have been team record I think your right I'll double check it tomorrow when I have some time.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    25IQ has to bust out the almanacs. The boomer's house could be featured on hoarders. It's covered in cockroaches and diapers on the inside, and iguana shit on the outside. His neighbors in the trailer park should just pull the plug and Baker Act, but then they could't steal his social security checks and scam his food stamps.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion