tuscl
Follies
4075 Buford Hwy NE Atlanta, GA 30345

Strokers?

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:01 PM
Now that the city of Chamblee has appeared to finally make good on their years-long objective of destroying Follies, has anybody who used to go there tried Strokers? Both this and Platinum have come up the most as alternatives. I've tried Platinum but was interested if any Follies regulars had good experiences (or not!) with Strokers.

15 comments

• doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Strokes is not even close. No VIP rooms. No real variety--almost 100% black.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The only way I see for there to be something close to Follies is for the Follies owners to open another club in a hopefully more fair area - but GA seems to be anti high-mileage clubs and multiple clubs have been gone after in past years.
  • jmiddle30234
    4 years ago
    May end up likevmemphis
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Isn't eh Atlanta area blue?
  • Chilli_Powdurr
    4 years ago
    I am never gonna get laid now
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I've only been to Strokers once, and that one time was enough to say that it can't compare to Follies. It may have cheap dances, but the mileage potential, the atmosphere, and the lack of VIP makes it entirely different. (See doctor's comment.)
  • jurassicman070320
    4 years ago
    Thanks. Really starting to see just how much better Follies was than most places.
  • Shez313
    4 years ago
    Stokers is almost a black club ... with little restriction and dances are really cheap 5$ before 8 p.m. I went there once and two dances made my day and both offered to meet outside for the avg Vip price. I never followed through with them. I had a nice experience there but I think strokers fell way short as compared to follies.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Kinda odd that there hasn't been a Strokers review since pre-Covid (there was a review submitted in June but it was of a pre-Covid visit)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I wonder if some of the Follies ebonies have migrated to Strokers?
  • jurassicman070320
    4 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo: yeah, I've thought that, too. A VERY small number I've seen at Platinum, but that's partly why I proposed the question because I wonder if it's worth it to see if some have gone there. I've mostly heard negative things about the club but think I may try it once just to see if I notice anyone. If I do and it's as bad as it sounds, might try to swap numbers so I don't have to bother coming back.
  • jurassicman070320
    4 years ago
    Welp: finally tried Strokers out and the first time will probably be the last time for me. Liked I didn't have a parking or entry fee, and dances were only $5 a song, but every single stripper I got tried to say they danced 2 more songs longer than they did. Also didn't recognize anyone from Follies. Interesting to see two dancers fight on stage, though. Kind of made up for the tame/lame lap dances.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ yeah - most of the clubs I hit are similar to this one and why I had to develop the habit of telling the dancer b/f we start our dances to let me know every time she starts a new song (and even then some will still try to over-count but it does lessen the occurrence) - also often in these clubs the songs are bled-together and it's hard to know when one song ends and another one starts - I've only hit Strokers 2 or 3 times and it's been kinda more miss than hit w.r.t. mileage and dancer attitude.
  • jurassicman070320
    4 years ago
    Good idea. Also: absolute worst DJ I've heard. Hands down!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    😂
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion