tuscl

Michigan Club Rules

Longball300
I'll sleep when I'm Dead...😈
I dug up some info on how the Michigan clubs are staying open as "restaurants" I guess w/o topless dancers on the stage. It was tacked onto a Flight Club review but, turned into a mini-discussion that I thought might be useful to mongers from the area or those traveling there.

"Here are two articles explaining the MI rules from Big Gretch; somehow these places are operating as restaurants?"

https://detroit.eater.com/2020/7/1/21310…

https://detroit.eater.com/2020/7/30/2134…

From #4 in the "Executive Order" first article:

Dance and topless activity permits issued under subsections 2 or 3 of section 916 of
the Michigan Liquor Control Code, 1998 PA 58, as amended, MCL 436.1916(2) and
(3), are temporarily suspended. Combination dance–entertainment permits and
topless activity–entertainment permits issued under subsection 4 of section 916 of
the Michigan Liquor Control Code, MCL 436.1916(4), are suspended to the extent
they allow dancing and topless activity, but remain valid to the extent they allow
other entertainment.

7 comments

• Warrior15
    •
    4 years ago
    So the VIP rooms are open as usual right ?
  • Longball300
    •
    4 years ago
    Based upon recent reviews that answer is Yes for now.
  • etsutwigg222
    •
    4 years ago
    As of last week, they were open and thriving. Just beware of the out of town dancer, especially nights. They have a different menu price structure than the locals, so ask for a clear number 1st. I found 50 of dancers at both Criket and Bogarts to be from out of town on nights. As far away as, south Texas. Was quoted $30 lap dances plus tip with prices double what the locals ask. That is why on 3 different nights I saw 8 or more dancers being rejected by a 2/3 full room of guys.
  • Longball300
    •
    4 years ago
    Good to know; I just hope they don't trace a supposed COVID cluster to one of the better clubs giving Gretch a reason to shut it down.
  • Onetoomany
    •
    4 years ago
    Wow do these girls need to be taught Detroit manners. If you are going to be a guest in one of the best monger towns, please learn the rules of the town. I hope none of you are letting them get away with their shit, such as pay in advance too!!!!

BTs two girls from out of town both wanted money up front. LOL
    No!!!
  • Jascoi
    •
    4 years ago
    my experience with poe in advance... it’s been like.. whatever comes afterwards is free extras!!!
  • Jascoi
    •
    4 years ago
    poe should be ‘pay in advance’
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion