tuscl

Christian Extremist: I’d Rather “Be Beheaded” Than Wear Federally Mandated Masks

joker44
In the wind
Now there's a man willing to put it all on the line 😁

Christian Extremist: I’d Rather “Be Beheaded” Than Wear Federally Mandated Masks

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020…

Christian extremist and right-wing activist Scott Lively has made a career out of pretending to be persecuted for being Christian...

Lively quoted:
**“These things must be balanced against the disastrous consequences of surrendering personal liberty to overreaching government, especially regarding face masks, which are in some ways worse than police-enforced lockdowns because they represent a literal in-your-face exercise of statist power like Islamist head coverings for women or the Nazis’ yellow star for Jews,” Lively said. “Unnecessary public mask wearing, as opposed to reasonable usage, is no less a statement of psychological submission to higher authority than a dog collar.”

“In the greater scheme of things, I believe liberty is more important than security if one is forced to choose between those two,” he added. “Those who don’t believe that are ripe for the Mark of the Beast, which is what this entire season of chaos is really about, in my view. Personally, I would rather die or be maimed from COVID-19 — or be beheaded by a mob of anarchists and Islamists — than become a safe slave in a global totalitarian government.”** {j44: Scott, this can be arranged. Would you accept just a bunch of white nationalist thugs doing the deed? }

Friendly Atheist commentary:
That’s conservative strategy for you: Getting decapitated to own the libs.

Needless to say, the Islamic head coverings and yellow stars were never intended to protect the victims. They were meant to subjugate them. The masks are designed to protect the lives of both the people wearing them and everyone else who may come into contact with them.

Somehow, Republicans turned a life-saving tool into a partisan battle, and they’re already doing the same thing when it comes to a potential vaccine. You can guess what Lively will be saying about those when they’re eventually available.

13 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Like I've been saying wearing a mask isn't a political statement, it's am IQ test.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    "I'd rather be beheaded." That can be arranged.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    If I had Covid I would quarantine for 14 days, after visiting every Progressive enclave.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    So, a left wing writer found one person on the right who said something controversial and outrageous. Based on that one person’s single comment, he managed to write an article generalizing that everyone on the right is a nut job.
    And, this is somehow worthy of a new thread in this forum.

It doesn’t take much to get you outraged, Joker.
  • crsm27
    4 years ago
    So here is a real question about the whole mask debate....

IF MASKS WORKED 100%... then why would we need social distancing and keep the country on a lock down? Wouldn't everything be opened back up to like it was? That is if masks worked so good.... Think about it.

Also masks have been proven to not help you like people think they do. It is like saying a locked door will keep all intruders out. It wont... it will just slow them down.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    'It doesn’t take much to get you outraged, Joker" 😁

Q: What makes you think I'm outraged?
    A: Rigid paranoid thinking consumed with bitter anger over a chosen scapegoat --terrible leftists -- cannot conceive of anyone thinking differently. Also, as I said repeatedly paranoids are so thin-skinned they cannot see humor. It's something Mark and SJG share despite their superficial 'political' differences.

In fact, I found this article extremely funny. This pretend Christian is so ridiculous in his beliefs it's impossible to be irked let alone full-on outraged.
    There are numerous similar articles about hypocrite christians and griffting scamvangelists on this site.
    Guess I need to post more of them for Mark's 'edification' 😁
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I think the reasons masks draw such emotion is they are to protect others from you, not to protect you. The extent is unclear, but they certainly reduce your spread of droplets to some degree. Whenever you see someone justifying not wearing a mask they often talk about they are in good health and are not going to hide from the virus (or words to that effect).

But from the people around them's perspective, they are saying I don't give a fuck if I give it to you. It is my right to not protect the public from my germs.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    I believe in the freedom of choice, whether to wear a mask or not. We will not have our liberties eroded by the left.
    But I would at least hope that extremist and his husband are wearing masks when they're 69ing each other.
  • Richard_Head
    4 years ago
    Such freaking drama queens. US deaths by coronavirus=130K. US deaths by facemasks=0.
  • OrangeClown
    4 years ago
    "Such freaking drama queens. US deaths by coronavirus=130K. US deaths by facemasks=0."

US deaths by seasonal flu=130K. U.S. deaths by facemasks=a million, billlion, trillion, gazillion.

There, I corrected it for you.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Richard_Head,

Something I thought I might never say, but this is over blown.
    You see, I don't think I could ever be over blown!
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    we individuals should have the right to choose our own level of exposure. and risk. however i see the point of expecting somebody coughing or sneezing to mask up.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Well one clubber I know has never covered it he says (10 years of SC itc and hobby trips to TJ). He says “I probly fathered carload kids and don’t know” he says laughing over drinks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion