tuscl

Want some facts from a black man?

Mr_O
Florida

7 comments

• misterorange
    4 years ago
    Mr_O
    Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting - I bookmarked it for further reading. He uses actual facts to draw common sense conclusions. Especially like his articles about education.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Read two of the articles. The author has credentials and is clearly a trained economist. I found the lack of conclusions in the articles I looked over to be odd, since editorials tend to be filled with them. When learned people take the time to conduct an analysis but do not openly commit to a position on them, it's usually because they are not confident enough in their position to do so or didn't like the conclusion they came to. And it doesn't matter what their skin tone is in that case.

Interesting thing about "facts" in a different editorial: https://www.datasciencecentral.com/profi…
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    Agree. This article is interesting reading.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    wallanon,

OR the author just presents the facts and lets the reader decide to go with facts or make up their own BS!
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Data presentation tells a tale about the topic and the teller. The author presented a curated view of hand picked data with labels that suited their political inclination. I don't have an issue with that, because it's unusual to find anything that is truly unbiased these days.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the link, interesting articles. They may be biased, but really, editorials are like a blind man trying to describe an elephant. It is good to get more than one blind persons' description. (i.e, does the elephant have a big dick or a tiny trunk ?)
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The words "racism"; "facts" and "expert" have no actual meaning any longer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion