tuscl

Interesting article about policing in Baltimore

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:55 AM
[view link] [view link] It's a long article.

5 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    I read the propublica article. It just reaffirmed to me that Democrats are clueless and that the problem isn't the police.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    Sorry, forgot to say that it's the same article published on both sites.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The blue model of government is: - tell minorities that they are victims and have no chance of succeeding - pour money into a welfare state - hand out government jobs to political supporters and ignore corruption - allow schools, and teachers, to operate at substandard levels - demand the vote of everyone sucking on the teat of government Repeat this for 50 years, then claim the only problem is racism, brought on by Republicans
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    A friend of mine used to run a program for pregnant high school girls. She was always excited when they had a high case load because they got increased funding. Subsidies increase behaviors, taxes reduce them. I have several black friends and the one thing they have in common is that they can from intact two parent families. That's progressively becoming a thing of the past. Children from intact homes do better in every way. Instead of supporting a parasitic welfare system that encourages single motherhood and broken families we should be helping blacks form successful families by making the system subsidize that. We recognize how cruel it was for slave owners to break up families, but what about the incentives of our welfare system?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    There are many problems associated with police and policing of communities racism is one of them, but I seem to remember back in the 1970s there was an order put out that policemen and women had to live in the communities they worked for, I think that we’ve gotten away from that making communities feel like the cops are an occupation force not a part of the neighborhood I believe that would help quite a bit especially if officer joe knew little Jerome and Mrs Smith.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion