tuscl

In case nobody here was aware they should be

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Today is the 76 anniversary of D-Day all of you patriots should never forget this was the longest day
https://www.businessinsider.com/world-wa….

16 comments

• misterorange
    4 years ago
    Yes, thanks for reminding everyone of that. We owe a debt of gratitude to those soldiers that could never be fully paid.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    So many made the ultimate sacrifice.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    We commemorate it every year with special services on the south coast and in France. We will remember them.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    The D-Day statement linked below is from a year ago, but it's worth a read with the many, many opinions expressed on here about what it takes to be "free". Use of quotes here is not an opinion one way or the other. The word just means different things to different people.

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journals…
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @wallanon big difference a year makes, look across the pond, and take note of what isn't going on .
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    My flag is flying; yours?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Yes
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    It’s important to always remember times like this when jackass says “fuck America” or burns our flag they must’ve forgotten this day or just don’t care.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    The interesting thing I read recently about the World War II generation was that prior to the war older generations viewed them as largely spoiled, selfish and entitled and didn't have much hope for them. Hard times definitely brought out the best in them. Now they are called the "greatest generation." Ironic how history turns out sometimes.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    God bless the USA. The icy losers would have been huddling in their hovels complaining about rationing. Meanwhile the real heroes would have been storming Omaha beach.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    There was a thread started ~ 7-8 years ago titled "The Longest Day" in reference to the 1960's movie about D-day. Two key participants in the thread Alucard (thread starter) and farmerart (made several posts) are deceased Tuscl members with many reviews and posts under their belt. I paused to remember the sacrifices made by the military 76 years ago on this historic day.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I was very fond of farmer art that man was a gentleman and we exchanged a number of PMs on different subjects more about business than anything else he brought a optimistic view to this board and was respectful and respected,
    I miss our chats
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Opening scene in the movie Saving Private Ryan is the landing on the beach. Gave me chills with the bullets whistling thru the air as the boats approached the beach.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Good reminder. That is an important day - and it should never be forgotten. Many brave American lives were lost that day.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    My uncle (dad’s much older brother) died on Juno beach. He was 22. The world owes those men a debt that can never be repaid.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    I just accidentally revealed my secret shame. Yes. I’m a Canuck. I’ve heard all the jokes though. Go Leafs!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion