tuscl

Should there be a requirement that articles posted on TUSCL be on topic?

Maybe there is a requirement for that already? If not, what do you all think about that? I'm already at peace with Muddy's satirical creative writing experiments, but pages and pages of someone's life story that is completely off topic is a bit much.

17 comments

• minnow
    4 years ago
    Wall, what specific examples do you have ? Any been published ? If I see something too OT, I hit the red bar, and kindly suggest they find another website to post their missive on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I assume you are referring to the latest article in the Unpublished list about race? When I first saw it I felt it should be a discussion thread and not an article - but I gave it a read b/c it was sorta relevant to what is going on in society at the moment an what has been discussed on the board a lot lately - actually thought it was an interesting read - in general I'd prefer monger-related articles vs someone's life experience, but if it's an interesting off-topic read I'd give a pass although I'd think it'd be the exception rather than the norm for me.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "in general I'd prefer monger-related articles vs someone's life experience, but if it's an interesting off-topic read I'd give a pass although I'd think it'd be the exception rather than the norm for me."

I read it, thanked the person for sharing, and downvoted it. Just like I downvote nearly all the pre-COVID reviews that have been popping up since the clubs reopened because people all of a sudden want VIP status again. It's not being petty, it's just reality. The best club in my town sucks balls right now, and the second best club just got itself mostly right because a cross town club has been kicking their ass by opening things up the right way. Some asshat posted a review from October 2019 for one place that was nothing like the conditions in the club right now.

Considered upvoting the article because it was well written, briefly, but whether it was interesting is beside the point. I'm not going round and round again about people insisting on talking about whatever grabs their attention on a titty bar forum. As long as the gutter politics has its own corner the rest is tolerable. As for the reviews, most years I'll let something go if it's interesting enough. But the whole point of the reviews is to help people sort out whether a club is worth going to. Putting any review up that's pre-COVID right now is unhelpful at best. Selfish, fraudulent garbage at worst.

If they need VIP credit they can write an article. Maybe even one that's on topic.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I would love to hear founders take.

As far as my stuff goes everything put out will at least have a foot in the mongering universe in some way on here. The satirical stuff I sometimes do, I understand some of TUSCL’s old guard aren’t in love with it but I do also get good feedback too with that stuff and I think there is room for it, what maybe 3 or 4 articles a month on TUSCL at the moment if even that. That all being said something totally unrelated should probably go in the discussion board. I gotta say no.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    And not for nothing while we are on this topic, articles aren’t reviews there’s no real set standard put out, or information that we need to extract from it in the case of reviews. It’s a really open thing. Even if it’s not my thing, I do appreciate someone who put a lot of effort and creative energy into it. I do and that shit takes a while. So I’ll approve it but just let’s try to keep it in the TUSCL universe, I think that fair and still keeps it wide open for a a ton of stuff.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    "Require every post to be on topic" 🤣🤣🤣
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Let ask Adam Schiff.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Articles should have some relationship to what this site it about. Strip clubs, strippers, whore houses and whores, LDKs, AMPs, beautiful women, ugly women, sex, lack of sex, movies about sex--you can write about a wide variety of things.

Discussion topics can be about anything. It is polite to put "OT" in the title of the post if it is off topic.

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    That's not how quotes work, gammanu95. Nobody wrote that on the thread.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    Hey Muddy, founder has already recently given his take on the subject:

founder May 26
    "Just a reminder that articles can be about anything. There is no reason this article should not have been published.

Thanks for contributing!"

Just scroll down in thread:

https://tuscl.net/article.php?id=57263
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Yeah you know what I did see that NeverEnuf. Does that mean anything anything? It might get little awkward/random. Like how to shop for a car or the history of girl scout cookies. How far out are we gonna go?
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    At least that article was on topic. Let's see if "anything" holds up if the site gets enough random stuff pushed through. If I were a random web surfer who happened upon TUSCL I'd be wondering about articles posted about race relations that don't mention anything to do with clubs or strippers. Anyhow, wanted to get some takes on what people thought and we got that.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    How to shop for a car might be useful. Not in the market right now, but if it saves enough money to spend on strippers then awesome. But the history of girl scout cookies. I wouldn't read that.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    "I am the Batman."

Okay, I'm the guy who wrote the (unpublished) article about Race and Partying in America. At the time I thought it was relevant and reflective of much of the conversation that's been going on here lately. After it was rejected and after reading this thread, I get it. An article like that doesn't belong on a titty-bar site. It was a heart-felt effort, but I probably wrote it more for myself than for public consumption. I was pondering what's gone wrong with this country and reminiscing about the "good old days," The events of the last several years make me feel sad.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You guys are responsible for publishing articles now, so you get to decide what gets published.

• MackTruck
    4 years ago
    On topic
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    I posted on topic ^^^ proof
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion