tuscl

For All You Follies Fans...

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 4:26 AM
...a bit of bad news. Looks like it's not coming back soon, even though other stuff in GA is. [view link]

18 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Not surprising. Bars are going to be the last things to get to open. Anywhere. But it is good to hear that their cases are not rising after they opened things up. When was that Meet Up with Juice supposed to occur ?
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    That is bad news
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Because of my age, etc I'm on lock down until at least June 12th. So no impact on me. I did get my antibodies test yesterday. 3 days for results.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    desertscrub - I didn't expect results so quick. I was notified an hour ago that the test results were negative. Total cost to me was $5.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Shadow are you glad or sad at the results?
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    I talked to a Follies girl today. She said the house mom had texted some of the girls and told them to be ready to go back on May 14. We’ll see what happens.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    skibum609 I wish the test had been positive. I know it would not prevent me from getting infected again but it would have shown that I lived through it. Gov. Kemp has already delayed reopening until at least the end of the month and the City of Chamblee also has a say in the matter. I'm grounded until at least June 12 by Kemp so I'm not concerned about it.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Right after my last post the governor held a press conference and announced bars and nightclubs would remain closed for another two weeks. I think the jury is still out on whether surviving COVID19 conveys immunity.
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    I may need to make a trip and celebrate my birthday at Follies. It's a month after the clubs reopen, so the novelty will have worn off. I doubt that clubs down here will be open by then.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    "I think the jury is still out on whether surviving COVID19 conveys immunity." It strikes me as odd that 1 billion doses of vaccine are being rushed to production to create an antibody response, antibodies are being harvested from survivor's plasma for treatment, and yet we are told having antibodies may not confer immunity. If a quantitative antibody test shows high levels of sars cov 2 IgG and there is not at least temporary immunity, we're all screwed.
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Justin, and Doc, exactly...most of the technical articles believe there is benefit if not full immunity for some period of time. I’m seeIng too many absolutes coming from “experts” who seem to have an agenda. For those not living in Georgia, there is an ongoing disagreement between Mayor Bottoms and Governor Kemp about timing on reopening business.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Bubba: I sure am glad Stacey Kemp isnt governor. We wouldn't be out of lockdown until after the presidential election.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    doc - I think you meant Stacey Abrams. :)
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Shadow: yes , that right. Oops.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    Just heard from a girl that works at Follies June 1st is the date they are shooting for right now.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Any of the girls people have talked to have any idea HOW it will work when open? Masks? Stage only? VIP open? 25% capacity?
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Good one Doc. I think I just discovered an idea if I'm ever needing to slow my climax... visualizing Stacey "Kemp" Abrams nude. Goldmonger, the girls I've talked to have no idea. Those details will be driven by executive order either directly to that industry or indirectly utilizing another "service industry" model. I believe all the things you mentioned are potentials at least to start with.
  • aleccorbett
    4 years ago
    The word on antibodies is that they have not been confirmed to confer immunity. But it takes several months to truly figure this out. If you listen to fauci and other scientists it is likely that some immunity will occur. So be hopeful. Antibody therapy looks promising. And we could even manufacture antibodies as a treatment!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion