tuscl

Valet?

When and if this ends, who will be ready to hand their keys over to valet at a club? Do you think clubs will make changes to allow patrons to park themselves? I certainly don't want someone driving my car, even if they wear a mask and gloves.

10 comments

• Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I would never go to a club with a valet!

I have standards - very low standards - and I don’t want a shred of class in any club I attend!

I was going to a bachelor party with several friends - and when I drove into the club parking lot - I saw a sign “Valet Only” - I told my buddies that I was done. I’m not going to a strip joint for a bachelor party with valet parking!
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    "I would never go to a club with a valet!

I have standards - very low standards - and I don’t want a shred of class in any club I attend!"

Cause I've got friends in low places
    Where the whiskey drowns
    And the beer chases
    My blues away
    And I'll be okay
    I'm not big on social graces
    Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
    Oh, I've got friends in low places
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    I am the same way when I'm ready to leave I'm ready to leave not waiting around valet stand. Last time I used a valet in Chicago car came back with a dent and the right fender
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    In my small town they have a new modern car wash business that that includes waxing your car but they do not clean the inside or vacuum it. That is up to you. So I have been using a hand car wash and for $25 they do an excellent job. They have been open throughout the pandemic but I just can't let them get in my car. I have observed them. They are not wearing any masks, etc. My car is going to stay dirty until this shit passes.. I'm not driving it much anyhow.

As far as strip club valet goes, I refuse to give my keys to them or even park it. A year or so ago at Follies they gave the wrong car to to a drunk customer and the police had to chase they guy down. The valets at Follies are not club employees. A private company owned by the son of one of the owners has the contract and prices were all over the place. Just before the COVID-19 hit a new price policy went into effect allowing you to park yourself for $5. VIP valet parking was still available for $10 and that got your car parked in the row closest to the front door. I will never even let Follies valet park my car.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I assume these clubs that do valet parking -- they would not do this if you had another option (street parking, park in the public garage two blocks down, etc). Is that right? I would do anything to avoid valet parking at a strip club, including walking a few blocks, or just taking an uber...although as I understand it, some of these clubs are far enough out in the sticks that even uber isn't an option.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    You are going to a strip club and your primary cause of health concern is the valet? Do you believe “she only does this with you?”
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Jimmy, I appreciate a good snark :) lol ... but I think this is more of: we have ALWAYS hated the valet. We're hoping they'll stop it. Otherwise, You are definitely right, the valet is really not much of a health concern compared to the honeys. Even though in my case, my princess of a CF really does only do it with me; the sluts the rest of these guys go to, obviously different story.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    The last place I let the club valet my car (or the rental company's car) was Penthouse in Detroit. I was parked along one of the only non-restricted curbs before the neighborhood started, but they insisted and I wasn't getting back to Detroit anytime soon. One guy looked like Dog the Bounty Hunter and another guy walked out to back him up. I got something comped for the hassle of walking back to my car, but I can't remember what it was. That was a couple of years ago, so valet isn't really my thing.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Ha! Yeah, I took the OP as asking about the valet health risk while the following comments were more about whether covid would kill a practice we’ve always hated. I’ve never valeted my car at a strip club. The couple times I’ve needed to use a credit card, the ATM or have my license scanned are enough loss of security.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Yeah, Wall. It’s been nearly 10 years since I’ve been to Detroit but I always took a cab to PH. Mostly it was because I drank a lot on the club those days but they were merciless with the valet, cover, coat check, table charge, etc. They wouldn’t even let you order a side ice water to go with your drink, though after a few tips the bartenders were happy to be of help.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion