tuscl

Success: From the Bottom to the Top

I ran into an old dancer that I loved to buy dances from. It was wonderful seeing her again especially since she was very happy. She went from doing $5 lap dances and being a bottom tier dancer who was often ignored to doing $25 lap dances and being the top tier dancer. I had always told that if she changed clubs she would rake in the money. It was really something to watch the club even cancelled her dance sets she was in such high demand. She came and apologized to me several times and I told her look enjoy making the money you deserve it. She says yes, but I like to catch up a little with what's been happening.

The other dancers were doing very little mainly depending on tips for stage dances.

I knew she would be a huge success in the right club, but what I saw was absurd. Perhaps that was just a lotto night for her, but she seemed like a much happier person.

BTW, the reason I wasn't at the $5 club is because it was packed like sardines. Times sure do change.

8 comments

• arbeeguy
    17 years ago
    Well I am happy for her too. But $5 lap dances? Not very many places have such a deal. Well, maybe Angel's Adult Entertainment in North Miami is the exception. So you just ran into her by councidence at the $25/dance place? You will have to give us an update on this Paragon in the near future.

Another thing -- you gave no clue why this one girl was getting ALL the business to the exclusion of all the other dancers. Was it because she was "the novelty" and all the other girls were so well known to the clientele that there was no interest in them? If that's the case, I think the management of this $25 place is not very astute.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    She is coming over tonight with any luck. I saw her this afternoon. She was having a conflict with the manager and I was going to take her home right then. The manager knows me on sight and decided to make her a happy employee. She starts giving me free dances (she kept her top on) at the bar and the damn bartender says she is going to start charging her if she doesn't knock it off. (Dancers get charged $5 per song on a $15 table/bar dance.) With that she started to get a little upset and I told her forget it and focus on making money. I bought a couple $25 dances and when I paid her her money she asked if she could come over late. Of course, my eyes got big and said definitely! :) I wouldn't be surprised if she did show or didn't show. She was always more than nice and fair with me at Angels.

I don't think the customers had much to choose from that night if they are as focus on looks as I am. She told me this afternoon that that was a freak night where everybody wanted dances from her. This afternoon most dancers were lucky to get a buck on stage for a 3 song set. She easily made $30 so apparently the customers like what they see. Today again there was no competition if looks are paramount. I guess I should clarify. At Angels for the most part she would be ignored because she doesn't have extra flesh and the big booty 90% of Angels customers are apparently looking for.

Also, I don't think novelty is the issue. There is a reasonable turn over from what I can see and the new faces seem less successful generally (I try and stay away from this club, but Angels gets way too busy at night or at least on the nights I try and visit) ----takes time to build a customer base if your looks are nothing special.

• jablake
    17 years ago
    No show. :( I would consider this stripper shit, but my regular friends male and female do the same thing so maybe it is just the type of people I like or who like me.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    She is coming over Sunday with any luck. Again she may show and she may not.

Any tiny wagers she shows? I'll give it a 60% chance. :) OK, call me a super optimist. I'm much more interested in how enjoyable or not it will be if she does show. Some dancers are completely different outside the club for better or worse.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    BTW, I went to Angels in the late afternoon yesterday. It was impressive and depressing at the same time. The club was packed with dancers eager to please. Four or five would be what I would consider very attractive. Even more dancers came and wouldn't dress because doing so would incur a club fee and with dancers outnumbering customers (there was a good number of customers) it just didn't make economic sense.

This one young girl worked hard for $5. I apologized and showed her an empty wallet after paying her my last $5. She points to the $2 on the table and I say that is my last $2. She says that don't make NO never mind let me earn the money! Reluctantly I said NO. She wasn't too happy, but said she could really make me feel good for the $2. Yes, she could have. A nice girl. The street clothed girls (2 were very hot) seemed to be having a good time, but it has to be disappointing to show for work and find too much competition.

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Speaking of poor management at the expensive club. It happened more than a few times. Real stunners would walk in talk numbers with the manager and walk out. :( Finally, I asked what the hell is going on!? Don't you value beauty even a little bit? The last women you just let walk out of here was really special. I was almost ready to jump out of my chair and ask her for a dance during your interview. He says she thinks the club is too small and our fees are too high. I say she is right on both counts, but it should be your job to land special talent like that. Give her a break in period so she can see that there is money. Hell, pay her to dance for a week! Be creative. Of course, he didn't see it like that. He wanted immediate maximized profits. So generally the dancer quality is low and the prices are high.

The one manager who had the club running like a fine race horse was fired for stealing. I asked the owner are you making more money with or with out him? The owner says he won't put up with theft, period and he'd rather make less money than have an employee steal from him. That fired manager was impressive. If I was going to open a strip club, then he would be at the top of my list to try and hire. Searing hot women. Fair prices. Super specials. Quiet rock music. A real nice place. The biggest negative for me was that almost all the dancers were white.

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    "... wanted immediate maximized profits" = bad management almost always.

Except when you're talking about most investment going on in the world's many stock exchanges.

• jablake
    17 years ago

At least she called to cancel this time. :) Basically, she said she was a long way from $5 dances at Angels and it was poor judgment on her part to see me OTC. Oh well, a least she is doing very well and using her brain.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion