tuscl

JOE BUCK PLEADS W/ PUBLIC TO STOP SENDING HIM SEX TAPES TO CALL 'PLAY-BY-PLAY'

joker44
In the wind
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:45 PM
With the world of sports grinding to a halt because of the COVID-19 pandemic and no live broadcast for the foreseeable future, the dearth of sporting events has been equally hard to stomach for both fans and analysts. It therefore made perfect sense for Buck, the lead play-by-play voice for NFL and MLB on FOX Sports, to provide some comic relief during these unprecedented times. "I have good news for you," he wrote on Twitter in March. "While we're all quarantined right now without any sports, I'd love to get some practice reps in. Send me videos of what you're doing at home and I'll work on my play-by-play." His request proved enormously popular as Twitter responded enthusiastically[...] Except that some have taken the requests down a somewhat more personal path, which could test even the skills of a seasoned commentator as the 50-year-old. Speaking in an interview with St. Louis-based radio station KMOX, Buck pleaded for fans to stop sending him sex tapes to call on a "play-by-play" basis. [...] "I've had a couple of submissions from let's say, a man and a woman, that just didn't seem appropriate to put my voice to in this stage of my life. Maybe later in life, but not now. I look at these videos very carefully and pick the ones that seem the most wholesome to put my voice to." [view link]

11 comments

• bkkruined
    4 years ago
    I've always hated Joe Buck.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Joe Buck was dipped in shit - and he doesn’t realize how lucky he is. He gets to go to great sporting events - gets a great view - and he acts like he’s too cool to get excited over the events. He should hang it up and let someone who appreciates the sport take over.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Feelings about Buck as a sportscaster and person aside I still thought it was amusing that some people were sending sex tapes for him to provide a play-by-play😁
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    i would be curious how the ones below would sound in such a situation: -marv albert and walt clyde frazier -buffalo sabres rick jeanneret -bob uecker
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    If I wanted to hear a commentator provide play by play it would definitely be Kevin Harlan instead of Joe Buck. Joe Buck is ok but I like people who get more excited during commentary.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Or just imagine Mike Breen. He'd be perfect, he could just repeat his signature NBA phrase a ton of times: BANG!
  • joatmon
    4 years ago
    Bob Uecker: Just a bit outside
  • JAprufrock
    4 years ago
    Oddly enough, Marv Albert has made no such plea.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    As a sports fan, I would want the play by play and the color commentator calling the event: Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth or Jim Nantz and Tony Romo I would prefer Al Michaels team up with Tony Romo.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It might be funny - but it would ruin any sexiness - if Dick Vitale did a sex commentary! Or Bill Raftery...
  • FLOrange
    4 years ago
    Bill Walton doing sex commentary is a deep expeirence probably
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion