tuscl

BBC Video: Coronavirus: US death rates v China, Italy and South Korea

joker44
In the wind
Monday, March 30, 2020 7:48 PM

20 comments

• richardspayan1
    4 years ago
    This brings tears to my eyes. Such a wonderful country brought to its knees. We need to do something ... But dont know how ...
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    4 years ago
    They way they arrange the charts with the days based on when the infections started in each country rather that based on calendar dates makes the trends a lot easier to digest. There’s so much information bouncing around that it makes my head spin, so that video was helpful. It would be really interesting to see the same thing done on a state by state basis. Apparently Washington is starting to get it under control, but I think they were also the first ones to lock down
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    US now has more cases than China, thanks to Trump's lack of leadership.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    "posting a BBC.. big black cock video is JUST WRONG … get a real source" ^ come over here, I can make it better! I can help turn that frown upside down
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    US has more cases because big city/state democrats fucked up, as they always do; and blame tothers; as they always do. Democrat - loser.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Why does Trump refer to 'battles', 'wars' and 'victories' all the time when he talks about coronavirus? Is it because he has said he is a 'wartime' president?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Its because he has the vocabulary of a hoprny 14 year old military cadet.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Picking the Chinese government as a credible source of information is a huge mistake. Their system of governance is built on lies and repression and when in a pinch they just do what's natural to preserve that status quo. These kind of events bring down parties/governments if they are handled poorly and they know it very well.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Is that why Wuhan is ending their lock down in 8 days? And restaurants and shops in other parts of China are slowly reopening. Because it's working.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    londonguy, I think because there's an unofficial tradition that when America is 'under threat' both major parties are supposed to rally round the flag AND president, suppressing partisanship. By declaring himself a wartime president he's trying to capture that spirit to deflect the unrelenting blowback directed at his actual accomplishments or lack thereof.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    *their system of governance is built on lies and repression and when in a pinch they just do what's natural to preserve that status quo.* Isn't that what American gov't does too, Pentagon papers, wikileaks-snowden etc.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Thanks Joker. When it's over will he declare 'mission accomplished' on a battleship?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The numbers are totals, not per capita. To make it apples-to-apples, it should be adjusted for the relative population. The charts used today by Dr Birx are more relevant.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The Chinese have over one million Muslims in concentration camps. They harvest organs from prisoners and sell them. They use slave labor. Thousands of dissidents disappear every year, assumed to be dead. But, yea Joker, no different from the US.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Most of the deaths in the US are in NY, where they delayed closing schools and bars and reassured residents that it was safe to continue to socialize. Public officials even encouraged people to go out and celebrate events like Chinese New Year. They spent money on failing solar projects while allowing stockpiles of medical equipment to be depleted. Having screwed up, DeBlasio and others are trying to place the blame on Trump before people realize where the real blame lies.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Democrats want America destroyed. Only way for them to get control. That way we can be a shithole, like from whence they came.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    March 2 tweet from Mayor DeBlasio "Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions, Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see The Traitor [at Lincoln Center]. If The Wire was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film."
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    For those saying that we have more deaths than China “Radio Free Asia reported that the funeral homes said that they would distribute 500 caskets or urns per day and try to complete the distribution before the Qing Ming Festival (a Chinese festival to sweep the tombs and worship the departed). There will be 12 days from March 23 to the Qing Ming Festival (April 4, 2020). Since there are 7 funeral homes, the total caskets distributed will be 500 x 12 x 7, or 42,000. Another estimate was based on the number of incinerators. Wuhan has 84 incinerators. Assuming 65 functioned normally, each one ran around the clock, and each body took an hour to burn, that would be 65 x 24 = 1,560 bodies per day. Taking out 200 regular deaths each day would leave 1,360 coronavirus deaths per day. In 30 days, the death count will be 40,800.”
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We haven't had deaths in number remotely xlose to what the rat communists in China admit to. Multiply what they say by a minimum of a0x. Just another progressive lie,; the same way they are lying and covering up the fact that liberals in New York made thios worse and then travlled throughtthe land; espexially Florida and new England spreading the virus. They were out in huge numbers yesterday, crowded to close together to look at a ship.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    For those criticizing Trump for not acting early enough on the virus, let’s remember the context around his January 31 travel ban on China: The House impeached Trump on December 18. The Senate trial began January 16, was effectively wrapped up with the vote to hear no live witnesses on Friday, January 31, and concluded with the vote of acquittal on February 5, the day after Trump’s State of the Union address.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion