tuscl

Scores strip club sued for allowing sex trafficking

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

7 comments

• mark94
    5 years ago
    Most of the time, the accusation of human trafficking is just BS used by opponents of Sex Workers. However, in this case, it’s probably accurate. Scores screwed up and it’s going to cost them.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    IDK - I hold the guy trafficking her responsible not the club - it was the guy that brought her to the club and got the fake-ID for her - the club didn't go looking for her nor got her the fake-ID - this is mainly a $$$-play via a lawsuit against the club.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Seems hard to me that an adult wouldn't recognize that something was off on a developmentally disabled 13 year old with an ID that stated that she was of adult age. that's a responsibility of the hiring managers.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    If the article is right the club bears a lot of blame as well. An id that doesn’t match the person would be suspect to a bouncer why not any one else?
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    If the numskulls running that Scores actually did that they deserved to be sued and thrown in jail and the dude that brought her there castrated. 13? man, that is just wrong.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    The article stated that she was 17, with an assumed mental age of 13. Parents stated the mental age. Big difference.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    “If someone presents a license and says it’s me, you tend to take them at their word unless there’s something blatantly dissimilar about the person handing you the ID," This seems like a terribly naive statement for a business like this to make. It's basically telling every 16 year old in the area to borrow their older brother's license and come on down to the club.

Not that it excuses anything the club did but a couple of people on here seemed to misread the article. The girl wasn't 13 when she was hired, she was 17 who was "developmentally" 13. That means she was 17 years old but because of her mental disability her mind was equivalent to a 13 year olds level of reasoning and understanding. The fact that she was mentally off like that should have given the club even more reason to be suspicious of the fake ID.

Personally I would avoid this club because if this is the way it is being run I expect at least 1 raid coming in the near future to see what else is being done illegally.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion