Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:00 PM
it is in usa now

33 comments

• WinningdaChumpsGame
    4 years ago
    I've had the yellow fever for years now WCG
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    a hospital in washington state, a traveler from china is in hospital, glad i wasnt on that plane
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Remember swine flu, when nothing happened? What about SARS, the first of these new coronaviruses to come out of China, where very little happened outside of China and Japan? (Ray Nagin was stuck in a Chinese hotel that was locked down and quarantined after another guest was diagnosed. I lived in New Orleans at the time. We wanted China to keep him) Then there was MERS, or Camel Flu, another media-generated hypefest to keep us in a state of fear. Wasn't H5N1 bird flu supposed to cause a global pandemic and kill us all last decade? Contagion is playing on Netflix. It's pretty overwrought, but fun science fiction and body horror if that's your thing. TL;DR. My take is that this, too, shall pass.
  • Piggie
    4 years ago
    That's in my backyard!
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    NEW STRAND OF CORONAVIRUS - Six people have died, over three hundred infected - Originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan - Cases detected in South Korea, Thailand, Japan and the US - Respiratory illness that can spread through human contact - Emerged from animals
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Very many viruses "emerge" from the cross-sharing of DNA with animals and humans. That's why many "new" viruses start where there's lots of both in close proximity.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    You can get virus's from beer?
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    diarrhea
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Hopefully it can, at least for now, be contained to that single individual and it's kept from spreading. I hope this doesn't affect mileage 😄
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    [view link] Usually these new diseases start out looking like they will kill everyone. But eventually they seam to run out of steam. I do not know why this is. I asked a county public health doctor once, and he did not seem to know either. SJG
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    500 now have it, dont go to china
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We need more foreigners here.
  • EndlessSummer
    4 years ago
    There's a great book out there called, "State of Fear" written by Michael Crighton (Jurassic Park)... it's fiction and a little conspiracy theory-ish, but highly entertaining and good food for thought. The premise is that the government keeps us fearful because it stimulates us to spend... it's been years since I've read it, but I'm thinking of re-reading it, which is something I rarely ever do. @gammanu95 Pandemic is also on Netflix (prominently positioned) ... coincidence? 🤔
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Once you read state of fear you realize just how much of climate change is just fucked up hysterical bullshit. Citizens in a constant state of fear are easier for big government to control; see: 1984. We are actually living George Orwell's nightmare.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    EndlessSummer- I don't know. Netflix also just released a series called "Pandemic", not sure if documentary or fiction. The synchronicity with the Wuhan outbreak is remarkable. You're also right about State of Fear, an excellent and timely book. I knew the end about 20 pages in, but it was still a fun read. Crichton just got caught in the same rut as King, Clancy, and Morrell. Has anybody else begun to suspect that these vrulent Chinese outbreaks are all the result of the same illegal bioweapons program by the ChiComm govt? Whether they are getting loose by accident or by design can also be debated.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    Nope. But I do think that the large open air Chinese markets where people interact continuously with live animal species without a hint of sanitation is a viral cesspool. And it has been for decades.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Gamm.. How does Morrell qualify as being in a rut? Assumed identity; Rambo; the Fifth Profession; Creepers; The Totem; Fraternity of the Stone....none even remotely alike.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    this will hurt chinese tourism business and stock market, plus it is Chinese New Year, to lots of usa/chinese leave to china to see family. oh well , i think our stock market will go to the moon in 2020
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    On Jan. 23, the Department of State added new language to the current Level 2 advisory, urging travelers to continue to “exercise increased caution” amid the “novel coronavirus first identified in Wuhan.”
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Chinese government, among other officials, are cracking down on travel. fyi, i think the CDC is near follies
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    click on my avatar for actual picture of the virus being spread
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Skibum, Frat of the Stone, Assumed Ident, Broth of the Rose, League of Night & Fog, Covenant of the Flame, Fifth profession and others were all alike and lacking inspiration. Just like Clancy and Marcinko. It's why I stopped reading them.
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Doctors Without Borders: Cheap Coronavirus Diagnostic Kits Needed in War-Torn Areas & Refugee Camps [view link] SJG Neil Young - Imagine [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Why Are Americans Not Protected Against COVID-19? (w/ Dr. Leana Wen) [view link] SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Graham Bond ✪ Holy Magick [full album] [view link] Grahame Bond - Love Is the Law [full album / bonus tracks] [view link] M Davis Bitches Brew 1970 Full Album [view link] Thelonious Monk - Live Zurich 1964 [view link] Neil Young - Imagine [view link]
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    4 years ago
    We're all FUCKED and not in a nice way. Mike "Pray away gay" Pence the official Coronavirus Czar?? Just more proof that the Gaslighter-in-Chief is a total incompetent idiot not fit to lead our Republic. Your precious stock market is going to look like the crater of a nuclear bomb test before this over!
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    The *reason* those other disease outbreaks came to nothing was *because* of the measures taken by health organizations and individuals to protect themselves. If people had actually paid no attention to warnings, like I've seen some idiots on facebook and elsewhere suggesting, things would have been much worse.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    Covid-19 disease has a mutated gene that is found in HIV virus
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    go fuck yourself ,,,your a fucking nobody....a hiv infected troll.....i dont give a shit about you
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Nothing wrong with bumping a relevant thread. It is interesting to read opinions from 3 months ago and see how much has changed in our perception of the possibility of a global pandemic.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    how many people have to die across the globe for you to realize the CCP propaganda? Was that address to me? I totally think this shit is caused by China's ineptitude at best and possibly blatant malice. I just found it interesting how people's perception that it would be easily contained where so far off base. I certainly did not foresee a global economic meltdown back in January.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    Justintolook your da Man.....your a scholar,,,.that is why i reposted this from Jan 21, 2020....I think it was the first warning to the tuscl board ..... it does show a timeline on how we were fooled to believe it came from a open food market............. i notice Papi wrote "hopes it does not spread and hope this doesn't affect mileage" now all strip clubs are closed around the world so no new club reviews,,,,,, and everyone it at home ,,, so i got time to read other members discussion and i can mute any troll because i am the author of this..... but i dont like to mute anybody
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    JustinTolook ..... i realize the china was lying to the world from watching a interview with Prof. Francis Boyle on you tube....he the best expert on man made bio weapons....... it was the beginning of Feb......... i did sell all my stocks in feb ,,and still in cash.......i feel like a genius now ...lol..... plus i was lucky to go to las vegas and TJ before the big dump
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    37,055 is the current fatal number in usa............... alot of victims in just 88 days
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion