tuscl

The Provisional Irish Republican Army and the Morality of Te**o*ism

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Monday, November 25, 2019 3:09 PM
by Timothy Shanahan, 2009. Author teaches Philosophy at the Jesuit run Loyola Marymount in Southern California. Mention of Bobby Sands and of Lord Louis Mountbatten. Also mentions Rev. Ian Paisley, who to me seems to a big part of the problem. Want to understand what links there are to Frantz Fanon, but not seeing mention of him in this book. Lecture on Frantz Fanon [view link] SJG Western Esotericism, Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Masonry, Templars [view link] Undun - Guess Who [view link] The Association - Along Comes Mary - Live on Smothers Brothers 1967 [view link] Windy [view link] It Don't Come Easy - Ringo Starr [view link]

79 comments

• Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    Up the RA
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So do you think the te**o*ism of the 60's though the 90's was warranted and ethical? To me it seems very different from what was at stake in the early 20's. Do you think that if Brexit goes off, that the current peace will disappear? SJG
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    Yes, I believe it was warranted. No I don't necessarily find it ethical as I do not support of the killing of innocent civilians. Any war is going to have collateral damage and that is something that should be worked to be minimized. But civilians should not be targeted. That was something that was unfortunately done by both Republicans and loyalists. Since you're saying what was at stake in early twenties are you talking to pre or post Anglo Irish treaty. With the Troubles while still stemming from the war for independence was also about the oppression of Catholics under a Protestant rule. The peace may end after brexit it's really hard to tell currently. The Republican Army doesn't have the support it used to.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The indiscriminate nature of the killing does not sit well with me. Knock on door, it opens, fire. Or a car bomb. I am reading the book though because I want to know more. I suspect that Brexit would end the current peace. Do you know how much the P-IRA is influenced by the ideas of Frantz Fanon? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So I had thought that this book would show the connection between the IRA and Frantz Fanon. Looks like it probably will not. I have lots to learn, so the book is still good for me. See if there is some other book I could get later which will show this connection. A widely disseminated but old book: Terrorism : from Robespierre to Arafat / by Albert Parry (1976) I think this is actually a Dover re-print. Usually means the book is good. [view link] Now, about Timothy Shanahan's book: Provisional IRA started in Dec 1969, when Dublin based republican movement split over policy of being absent from London, Dublin, and Belfast parliaments. One group in pre-split IRA led by Cahal Goulding was reluctant to arm Catholics for fear of alienating working class Protestants. According to Marxist ideology all workers should stay included. Gerry Adams was leader in Belfast. [view link] Sinn Fein website [view link] So soon bombings started. But it took over 200 bombs until they finally killed a British soldier, first they had killed in over 50 years. What triggered all this was British troops deployed to Northern Ireland. Bombs mostly in Belfast and Derry. Don't know why British troops were so deployed. To Funkycold88 and others who follow such things, how much did the incendiary rhetoric of Ian Paisley have to do with igniting such conflicts? [view link] Paisley has always gone right up my spine. But he is not alone, the U.S. Evangelical Movement has similar people. SJG
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    The IRA split into the PIRA and OIRA in 1969. Cahal Goulding was a leader in the IRA and then the OIRA after the split. He was reluctant for there to be violence. That's one of the reasons the PIRA became the more powerful of the two. An armed campaign is the only thing that would be effective against the British. I do prefer the non-sectarian viewpoint of the OIRA as I myself am an atheist but the Provo's are a far more effective organization. Gerry Adams denies being a member of the PIRA even though it is widely speculated that he is actually a member of the army Council since the 70s. If you wish to know more about the British army in Northern Ireland look into Operation Banner. Ian Paisley was one of the driving forces behind the beginning of the troubles.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Thanks ! Sounds like Paisley's talks were really hate speech, and before there ever was any violence, comparable to the US Ku Klux Klan. Do you think Left politics today warrants te**o*ism? And if so, where, or under what conditions? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I can see two ways where violence is workable. 1. Revolution, just like the American Revolution. And I think this why most Americans would support Irish Independence. But its just that those 6 counties which are the sticking point. 2. Anti-Colonialism, following Frantz Fanon. According to him, you pretty much have to use violence. For Gandhi non-violence was a tactic, not the overall strategy. MLK did not really understand this until his last year of life. But then these Ulster People pose a problem. IRA wanted to represent all workers. What about when some people have some other kind of an identity? And this is the problem in the US today when workers have been gotten to accept these reactionary identities. And then with American Left Politics, is it really anti-colonial? I believe that much of it actually is, but that understanding is not widespread. Operation Banner [view link] Yes, was requested by Unionist Government. So can we say that Paisley and these Unionists are Collaborators with the Colonialists, Uncle Tom's? I would say YES, but saying that does not make things go any easier. Guy I knew served decades in British Army, started out as Machine Gunner, then Sniper, then finishing as Drill Sargent. Has over 100 confirmed sniper kills, and also severe PTSD. He talks totally anti-Irish Republican. Talks of dealing with teenagers armed with assault rifles and petrol bombs. I don't think though they qualify as offical IRA. But they worship the IRA. Talks about peace keeping forces getting hit with petrol and it going down the back of their shirts. But I believe that part of his PTSD is just from having a hard time facing the fact that he was on the wrong side. I see how Louis Mountbatten was blown up. I think it was gruesome. With his WWII service and his role as last Viceroy to India, and it being his wife who seemed to be having an affair with Nehru, I have come to see Mountbatten as one of the good guys of the twentieth century. But the P-IRA says that one bomb in London equals 1000 bombs in Belfast. Well the London Bomb caused a shop girl to get glass in her eyes. Why do I feel less concern for her than for Louis Mountbatten? I see that the British Royals are a very negative force on the psyche. I say that they have to be completely cut off. I think once Elizabeth dies, things will change. Holding on to Northern Ireland means something to her generation. I think younger Brits must care far less about it. SJG
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    [view link] I have personally been to some of the places in this documentary.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    IRA reminds me of progressives. Same, vile, useless, garbage.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Skibum, if things do not change here, I would not be surprised if it goes to open terrorism here. And I am quite sure that you do not know people f2f who would let you go on the way you do. Thank you so much Funkycold for the video, I am watching it now. Virginia Held (1991) 'Terrorism rights, and political goals. Making Sense of the Troubles, by David McKittrick and David McVea (2002) Armed Struggle (2003) by Richard English Shanahan foreshadows his book saying that he will say that the P-IRA violence was not warranted, not ethically justified. But he is going to show some hypotheical situations where maybe it could be justified. I read this, and I see these Ulster militias. They are just state sponsored death squads. The police see them, but they do not stop them. I say that in such a case you have to engage in terrorism. It is not just morally justified, it is a moral requirement. I hope that this Brexit can be averted. But either way, that British Royal Family must be cut out. They spoil the politics because they mesmerize people. The IRA got Louis Mountbatten. Sorry to say, I wish that they could have gotten the Queen too. It would have saved live. She must be the last monarch, no others. Funkycold, do you know of a specific connection between IRA and Frantz Fanon? This Official IRA ( O-IRA) wanted to stick to Marxist principles, getting the working class Protestants on board with them too. That is the way it should be. Most of the time though these violent radical left will end up being the local mafia, and a radical right group. Some other portrayals have depicted the IRA this way. Sinn Fein still wants to be of the radical left. This is how it should be. Ireland's Brexit Trouble | Crossing The Line [view link] Funkycold, how much does the fact that many Irish Americans offer moral and financial support to the IRA make? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I had read I think some of one of the editions of this. I think it traces the link between Fanon and the 60's era of IRA actions. [view link] SJG
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    I know that they did read his books. [view link] On your question about US support for the IRA, it was big. If you search for that you'll find a lot of different articles about American financial and moral support for Sinn Féin, and the IRA. While there are definitely hardcore supporters in the US still today it has died down a lot. There are still supporters of Sinn Féin in the US though. [view link] [view link] [view link] And well not as well-known there is also a 32 County sovereignty movement, which actually split from Sinn Féin. [view link] Another large supporter of the IRA was Muammar Gaddafi. He supplied quite a lot of weaponry to the IRA.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Lmao SJG. Thge left in this country is a bunch of pussies and most weapons are owned by the right. Lets see your faggot gun barrell communism.
  • Funkycold88
    5 years ago
    Just to throw it out there I am a left-leaning 2A supporter. I grew up in a gun loving culture and continue to enjoy my firearms collecting.
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    SJG, have you go trouble with the 'r' on your keyboard or only spelling out the word terror for some strange reason?
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    hope that this Brexit can be averted. But either way, that British Royal Family must be cut out. They spoil the politics because they mesmerize people. The IRA got Louis Mountbatten. Sorry to say, I wish that they could have gotten the Queen too. It would have saved live. She must be the last monarch, no others. Why do you hope Brexit can be averted SJG and why? Why do they spoil Politics and how do they 'mesmerize' (sic) people? How would the IRA murdering the Queen have saved lives ? Why must she be the last monarch? Do you have trouble talking while you are sitting down SJG because you are always talking out of your ass ?
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Funky, I am an admirer of John Brown, so I see guns and violence as a likely component of Left political action. What is "2A"? 2nd Amendment? I the situations where I see guns as being important, it makes no difference if they are legal or not. Did it matter for French WWII Resistance, whether guns were legal or not? And then US Officials were shocked when they learned that Ho Chi Minh had armed every man, woman, and child. I support the very best, Social Democracy. But it has to be backed up by the Plan B of Gun Barrel Communism. Northern Ireland has been a tough situation, I feel that I have some better understanding now. It would have been better if those 6 counties had not been cut out. Londonguy, we don't need to draw unnecessary attention from the feds to this board. Their computers read this, even in the VIP and Dressing Rooms. Mostly it seems to be the Royal Family that draws votes to the Tories. If you approve of the Royals, then you vote for the Tories. If not, then you vote Labor. The EU is a good thing. If the UK wants to push for changes, okay. But abandoning it, that is not good. I am convinced that once this Queen passes that those 6 counties will go back to Ireland. It is more just a matter of nationalist identity and the strong connection between the monarchy and the military that supports the division of Ireland. The Tory agenda, from Thatcher forward has been absurd. It still is. Though the Queen might not really support it, she still is a big part of why people have voted for it. Even with a largely ceremonial role, the monarchy is still effecting UK politics. That FDR had brought her parents here in 1939, I think it was good. No US President had had any contact with sitting royalty before. I think it made a huge difference in American attitudes and played a big role in shaping the events which followed. It made it far easier to bring Winston Churchill here. One of the first things Elizabeth did was to strike all of their German names. They are related quite closely to the German Kaiser and to the Russian Czar. And both of these did have to abdicate or face probable a**a**ination. And then there was Edward the 8th, and the problem he created with the Nazi's. [view link] British Intelligence was tapping his telephone, 1938, he was having extremely cordial telephone calls with the Nazi's. So this perception was created, and with factual basis, that the British Aristocracy and the leaders of the Conservative Party, like Neville Chamberlain, and like Bank of England Chairmen Montague Norman, were pro-Nazi. So Stanley Baldwin and Intelligence wanted Edward the 8th out. But it was not just because of his divorce and love affair, that was just cover. The problem was that he was pro-Nazi. [view link] Remember, the only plan Hitler ever had was that he could open and close fronts at will. Without this it would be just a replay of the previous war. So in fulfillment of treaty obligations France and England declared war on Germany shortly after 9/1/1939. And England did deploy its expeditionary force. But this was about all that France and England did, they never attacked. So by making a treaty with Stalin, Hitler was able to close the Eastern Front. But then the issue was, what about the Western Front? After Dunkirk, Hitler wanted to see the Western Front as closed. Would England go along with this? And would the United States ever become involved? The real problem had always been created by England's Aristocracy and that leadership of Finance and Industry in the Conservative Party. Now fortunately Winston Churchill was the one broke with the rest of his party. So German cities were incinerating and French Resistance was armed and killing Germans, and also killing French Colaborators. And with this later, once one was killed, no one else would step forward to take their place. I look for a particular video about the RAF Bombing. It shows Hitler in front of the Berlin Sports Palace. This must have been the place they held the 1936 Olympics. Hitler was screaming into the microph TBC [view link] SJG The Rolling Stones - Anybody Seen My Baby - OFFICIAL PROMO [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    5 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - Commonly referred to as SJG this forum member may have some sort of mental illness and is usually mocked or ignored. SJG has a long history of posting incendiary comments including being pro-rape. His comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Continuing: So Hitler was screaming into the microphone and in front of the movie camera that for every ton the British drop, they would drop 1000 tons. See Hitler never had had a plan to attack England in any manner. After Dunkirk he had considered the Western Front as closed. He wanted to reopen the Eastern Front. He had just needed to have France subdued, so that he could defend from the coastline. And France had been loaded with collaborators. Italy and Spain were already his allies. He saw England and likely the US too as probably allies. And this problem in England had been created by some of the Royal Family, and by the Tory Party leaders of Finance and Industry. Hitler was not equipped to invade England. The idea that he might was always a bluff. He had built a fleet of operational bombers, bombers to act in support of ground troops. But he did not have strategic bombers. And he did not have landing craft. So he tried through air attacks, and then via V1 and V2's, to subdue the British people. Of course none of this would ever work. But Hitler always had to keep a time table, the more the delays, the more impossible became the prospect of victory over the USSR and the US. Churchill would later be voted out of office, but this was mostly because people recognized that it was the leadership of the Tory Party which had contributed to the problem in the first place. The Royal Family though has never been discredited. I have no problem with the role they played during the war, or in the decades immediately after. But I also remember in high school, seeing pictures in news magazines of the Queen making surprise visits to troops in Northern Ireland. This most certainly was influencing political opinion. If her father had made it so that he was the last monarch, following the German Kaiser and the Russian Tsar, then things would have gone better. If Elizabeth had abdicated before Margaret Thatcher had gotten in, things would have been better. If the IRA had killed her at the same time that they had killed Louis Mountbatten, then it would have saved lives in what followed, and what is still to come. I knew that talking about the Queen would get LondonGuy mad! Hewlett-Packard spent over $1 Meg beatifying the exterior of their Palo Alto facility in anticipation of the Queen's 1983 visit. What a waste! But what I remember best about that were Jim and Artie Mitchell out on the Golden Gate Bridge passing out cups of mackerel to feed to the seagulls, as the Queen's yacht was to pass beneath. She was going to be waving to crowds. Someone then decided that she would come in by helicopter, instead of by the yacht. Getting that change was a big accomplishment! And then with her sister Margaret calling the Irish, "Pigs". I'm just saying that we need to get real about what such people are actually doing . She could have abdicated anytime she wanted, and she still can. [view link] Because of an IRA car bomb, a London shop girl got glass in her eyes. Is she less important than Louis Mountbatten, or than the Queen? If the Queen and the rest of the royal family apologized for perpetuating the Irish split and insisted that it be corrected, it would have been over long ago. And people would finally learn to get along. As it stands now, I am sure that there will be more violence in Northern Ireland. I do not know the specifics, but a group calling itself "Real IRA" killed a woman journalist this year in Derry. There had been a movie about a man in that era, who was determined to kill the Queen. He was going to do it on the one day a year when she addresses parliament. SJG Strike Twice [view link] Peter Frampton, Leslie West, Mississippi Queen, The Paramount [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ As I know, Elizabeth has never come into this area since 1983. Good! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Jeremy Corbyn is the most promising force on the horizon now, and he had already been doing very well. Tariq Ali on U.K. Elections, Corbyn’s “Radical Social-Democratic Program” & Rise of Extreme Right [view link] My friend A. who had served in the British Army told me that it only takes about 5 IRA men to take over a town. Skeptical of how this could be when you still mostly have law and order, I asked him what they do when they take over? He said that they start a**a**inating Protestant Clergy, "They just go right up the line." Well this has made me curious. Never heard of anyone who kills clergy. Never heard of a situation where doing such would have any significant effect. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I do, following Timothy Shanahan, conceed that the IRA actions from the 60's forward have been unethical. The violence is too indiscriminate. Also, to justify violence you would have to be able to say that a state of war exists. I do not see that. But I also find the Ulster position untenable, and largely motivated by racism. I do also note that this is a group which seems to support Brexit, and for seemingly similar reasons. I think the keeping separate of those 6 counties still has much to do with the monarchy. Every time the Queen was shown visiting troops in Northern Ireland, that encouraged those who want to keep Ireland divided. Her main source of power is just in making appearances. Wanting to maintain law and order and save lives is one thing, but she was making the division of Ireland into an open open ended agenda. I was shocked at the killing of Louis Mountbatten. But then I noticed how I was less disturbed by a London shop girl getting glass into her eyes. I too had been mesmerized by the British Royals. I have though noticed the the Queen has seemed to be standing down more on issues of Northern Ireland. Abolition of the Monarchy [view link] Meet the Man Who Wants to Bring Down the British Monarchy [view link] Historian Predicts End of Royal Family in 14 years [view link] British Royal Family and Nazi Connections [view link] [view link] TBC SJG
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    SJG, you don't have a clue what you are talking about wrt British politics and British royalty. Your statements are your opinions and not fact. Basically, you're talking bullshit. Stick to subjects you know something about, very few so it appears.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Continuing: Royal misfit who caused The Great War [view link] [view link] [view link] The Strange Case of Hess and Hamilton ( documents still withheld from public ) [view link] [view link] [view link] The party prince: how Andrew got his bad reputation ( as I remember, in the 1970's it was American Porno Starlet Gwen Star. [view link] So they say that Charles is prepared to take over, due to this Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein scandal. [view link] What Powers Does the Queen of England Actually Have? [view link] Usually the say that WWI was the end of monarchy and nobility. The casualty rate was just so high, that the guys who were blowing the whistles didn't last any longer than they guys who were supposed to climb out and make the charge. And yes, the Russian, German, Austro-Hungarian, and Ottoman-Turk monarchies were taken down. But the British managed to survive, and at least to some extent, they were part of Hitler's planning. Elizabeth should abdicate today! Does the UK need a royal family? [view link] Andrew, born 2/19/1960 [view link] Charles, born 1948 [view link] The True Story Behind Prince William And Prince Harry's Dark Past [view link] SJG
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    And your bit about Jeremy Corbyn being a promising force literally made me laugh. The guy is a fucking idiot. Even labour supporters hate him. SJG, please, for fucks sake stop embarrassing yourself with your ludicrous, inaccurate statements. And by the way, Corbyn loathes the USA.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    James Hewitt says he is not Prince Harry's father [view link] Does the UK need a royal family? [view link] What Powers Does the Queen of England Actually Have? [view link] These people still have mountains of money. If the UK cuts them off, they will still be very visible and living large. Elizabeth comes out of a time very different from today. The next generation would not be seen in the same ways. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The Madness of Prince Charles (British Royal Family Documentary) | Timeline [view link] And here Londonguy, this is what I think gets it right. This is who I am going to listen to. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Above video about Charles is interesting. He has always seemed like a nice person to me. If he takes over some sort of regency now, I see no problem. But making it so that Elizabeth is the last monarch is very important. And she comes out of a world which no longer exists, or ever could exist again. Having a monarch undermines British electoral politics. Elizabeth demoted someone once for getting her corgis drunk. I think Charles would accept the idea that the monarchy has to go. And it doesn't mean that any of the people are going to disappear Charles is interesting, but I don't think he or any of the others would be liked the way that Elizabeth has been. Laurens Van der Post, a Jungian, greatly influenced Charles. [view link] Charles got along extremely well with van der Post, but not with Louis Mountbatten. Mountbatten accused Charles of becoming like "David", who was Edward 8th. I think Charles would accept the idea that the monarchy has to go. This video looks very interesting: [view link] Mountbatten was pressuring Charles to stop being a playboy and to settle down and marry a "suitable girl". Above video shows Charles eulogizing at Mountbatten's funeral. That loss deeply effected Charles. Next year, 1981, he was engaged to Diana. But even on honeymoon cruise, Charles and Diana seem distant. Charles made the 75 yo Lauren Van der Post Godfather to William. Very unusual. Marital unhappiness showed very soon. Saying, Charles needed a wife who would support him emotionally, and that Diana could not do that, and so quickly they were poles apart. Looks interesting: Behind Prince Charles' Public Façade | Prince Charles: A Man Alone [view link] Diana was a tall woman, 5' 10". Charles also listed as 5' 10". [view link] Charles seems very distant from his father Philip. Philip sounds like an asshole and a jerk. Charles closer to Louis Mountbatten, but even with him still tensions. Most close to Laurens Van der Post. Queen Mother, always seen as a very strong woman, was big influence on Charles. Seems to have been substitute for his mother, and very much wanted to see him marry. [view link] SJG
  • londonguy
    5 years ago
    SJG, I didnt open the link, I could tell it's a piece of shit. You really don't have a clue about the royal family or UK politics. You won't listen though, you never do because you are so stubborn.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Well, some of the Labour Party must like Jeremy Corbyn, otherwise they would not have elected him as their leader. Charles [view link] I could very easily see Charles being the head of the Post Royal Family. Seems like a really good guy. Charles drives up in a dark colored 2+2 convertible with a hood scoop and alloy wheels. Can't see enough of the car to really know, but probably an Aston-Martin. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Londonguy, the [view link] link is to the "Official Site" for the Queen Mother. I would like to see Charles take over, but not as king, I guess as some kind of a regent, covering for as long as the queen lives, and then presiding over the cutting off of the royal family. Just like Louis Mountbatten was the Last Viceroy to India, Charles can be the Last Regent to the Last Monarch. He seems like a really nice guy. I think Diana would have been happier just being able to be married and well-off. I don't think Diana would have ever wanted to be Queen or married to a King. Now lets get real about the Queen, here with Philip and the Reagan's ( on Britannia ) [view link] Here with David Packard [view link] Cartoon [view link] Protesters [view link] Yacht going under the Golden Gate Bridge, but Queen not there cause Jim and Artie Michell brought lots of mackerel to feed to seagulls. [view link] Here with Margaret Thatcher [view link] Elizabeth showed support for Thatcher and Reagan multiple times and in multiple ways. In so doing Queen Elizabeth was promoting an ECONOMIC FRAUD, and the only thing it was based on was a repackaging of the old SOCIAL DARWINISM! The results in both the U.K. and the U.S. have been devastating. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Remember too that it seems to have been a British Intelligence officer who fired the fatal shot between the eyes, killing Gregori Rasputin. Though Russians had shot him such that he would have bled to death anyway. So Timothy Shanahan has lots of references. Let me record just a few, in case I want to read more. Richard English (DOB 1963, lots of books! ) 2003, Armed Struggle: the history of the IRA Armed struggle : the history of the IRA / Richard English 2006, Irish Freedom: this history of nationalism in Ireland Does terrorism work? : a history / Richard English (2016) and then Nielson, Kai (1981), 'Violence and te**o*ism: its uses and abuses" in B. M. Leiser (ed.), Values in Conflict: Life, Liberty, and the Rule of Law, pp. 435-449. Values in conflict : life, liberty, and the rule of law / [compiled by] Burton M. Leiser (1981) Right now I think I am more interested in Fanon and others who have followed him. Again, I think separating out the 6 counties was a mistake, and it has cost lives. I think it was caused by all the ways that the British Royal Family distorts and warps the nation's political life. After Elizabeth passes, it might change. But they really need to end the monarchy. This is about politics and economics, it is not personal. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Germany's Wilhelm II and Russia's Alexandra were both grandchildren of England's Victoria. And I think Russia's Nickolas was also, so he married his first cousin? So Alexandra had hemophilia, and then Alexi had it far worse, survival always in question. But the German, Russian, Austro-Hungarian, and Ottoman-Turk monarchies were brought down with WWI. Louis Mountbatten wanted Price Charles to marry Mountbatten's granddaughter, a blood relative. Now is the time to also bring an end to the British monarchy. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    abolition of the monarchy [view link] calling for a united Ireland. party position seems unstated [view link] Brexit Policy, 8 page PDF [view link] Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on the election campaign trail | LIVE [view link] Aston Martin, seems to be Prince Charles's preferred ride: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So Prince Charles was closer to Louis Mountbatten than he was to his father Prince Philip. But the man he was the closest to was Laurens van der Post (13 December 1906 – 16 December 1996) [view link] [view link] The Madness of Prince Charles [view link] The Story of Carl Gustav Jung Laurens van der Post BBC 1972 [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Laurens van der Post, this is good. [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So this must have been the Queen's Yacht: [view link] Keel laid 1952, 412 feet, twin steam turbines. Big victory for Boris Johnson and the extreme tory right. Shit! Sinn Fein [view link] Sinn Fein alternative 2020 Budget [view link] Policy Documents [view link] [view link] documents [view link] Building a Permanent Peace in Ireland, Jan 10th, 1996 [view link] Two Sinn Fein web sites [view link] [view link] Republican Book Shop [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So who is this Jeremy Corbyn? Corbyn versus Smith [view link] Tony Blair on Corbyn [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Brexit Election Explained, 12/13/2019 [view link] As I know, so far, only a portion of the Conservative Party wants a No Deal Brexit or even any kind of Brexit. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Where did it all go wrong for Jeremy Corbyn and Labour? [view link] SJG Axis As Bold As Love [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Want to watch this above listed video: The Brexit election explained: where do we go from here? [view link] Sinn Fein [view link] Abolish the Royal Family [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    So Leon Uris wrote his Queens Bench VII in 1970, about someome like Josef Mengele. The he wrote Trinity, about Irish Republicanism in 1976. I had a high school English teacher who was totally anti-Irish. [view link] SJG Harry Brod, Michael Kaufman and Michael Kimmel Dialogue on Masculinities at St. Norbert College [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Leon Uris, written lots of books, but I have only read QB VII. [view link] Really like QB VII, and of course the film adaptation too. Want to read Exodus and Trinity: [view link] [view link] Only goes up to 1916. Maybe Redemption goes further forward. SJG Stripper Gets Tricked Into Kissing Salmon Andy by Ice Poseidon [view link] TJ School Girls [view link] Bob Seger Travelin Man Beautiful Loser [view link] Year of the Rat, Jan 25, 2020 [view link]
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^The provisional Irish government of STFU SJG has come to power! Obey or die!!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Might come to that in the United States! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Former San Jose Tom McEnery honors a revolutionary: About two dozen people recently gathered at Santa Clara Mission Cemetery to stage a memorial for Irish revolutionary and legend Michael "Mick" McDonnell. Nearly 100 years ago, McDonnell was the first leader of "The Squad," a.k.a. "The Twelve Apostles," the assassination unit employed by Michael Collins during the Irish War of Independence. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Keeping the Peace An old conflict and a new Border: How Britain's exit from the European Union could threaten 20 years of peace in Northern Ireland. [view link] SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The IRA: garbage who ruined Boston in the 60's; 70's and 80's.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Bullshit, the only one who has ever ruined Boston is you SKibum. SJG
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    Did you fart in this room again SJG? It smells like rotten eggs and failure.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    5 years ago
    There has been a generation of peace thanks to the negotiated truce at the end of the troubles. My fear is that stupid BREXIT may bring back the beast that was put to sleep by putting up a fence where one was knocked down.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Brexit means that one island will not be overrun by foreigners, like France and germany.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Upright, you are the one who has a putrid smell about him. The idea that foreigners have to be kept out really is passe. Doesn't make much sense anymore, the world is too small and too interconnected. We can't be organized around defending birth rights or multiple tiers of person hood. Hugh_G_Rection, in, as Gerry Adams directed, 2005 the IRA dumped arms, and in view of UN inspectors. Well if Brexit goes off, I say that it won't really be the IRA anymore, as that will be only legacy. The UK will have to pull all of its security forces and administration out, or they will be pushed into the sea. Belgium and Germany make all the arms anyone could want, and so does the US. Irish Republicans won't be needing to wear ski masks anymore, it will be the British who will have to hide their identities if they expect to have any chance. The Irish will have the moral upper hand. Trying to stay in Ireland would be just like if the Brits were trying to hold on to a piece of France or Germany. Maybe they will handle it like they did India, paving the way for Irish unity. Otherwise they will face slaughter. And their domestic populace won't stand for body bags coming home. Curious that it seems to be these Ulster People who support Brexit. Well if they want to stay in the northern region of the Republic of Ireland they are going to need to chill out. The Queen also shares a lot of the blame for this. Every time she was photographed visiting security forces in the 70's and 80's, she was making this worse. And same when she would appear with Thatcher or Reagan, endorsing the fraud of Supply Side Economics. SJG Say So [view link] [view link] Doja Cat - Cyber Sex [view link] [view link]
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Always a fan of the losers since you are one SKJG. At least you're a coward and a wom,an beater, like the IRA. Supply side economics is for winners and socialism for fucking looooooooosahsssssssssssss. Ireland, the emerald Ilse, the least diverse place on earth.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Skibum609, living on mercy, otherwise no one would put up with him for 1 second. SJG Yes - Yours Is No Disgrace - Live at Beat-Club - 1971 - Remastered [view link] TJ Street [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Does the IRA really do what my friend A. from the British Infantry said, a**a**inate protestant clergy? Tried to kill Charles and Diana, but an IRA member flipped and informed: [view link] IRA members are brave: [view link] Not sure about clergy, but this does get nasty. And Gerry Adams defending the killing of Louis Mountbatten and the associated civilian casualties. [view link] Frantz Fanon and Bobby Sands In these circumstances, Fanon's suggestion in The Wretched of the Earth that revolution would produce a wholly different person – that, indeed, violent insurrection was necessary for the colonized to become fully human – resonated widely. Che Guevara, who had read Fanon, wrote in 1965 that “to build communism it is necessary, simultaneous with the new material foundations, to build a new man. The Wretched of the Earth was widely read and celebrated outside of Algeria and France. In the United States, Fanon's book was a key text in the formulation of the revolutionary philosophy of Black Power. The possibly apocryphal story of the founding of the Black Panther Party involves Huey Newton and Bobby Seal reading Fanon just months before their arrest for “blocking a sidewalk” in Oakland. Stokely Carmichael referred to Fanon as his “patron saint.” Eldridge Cleaver described the book as the "bible of the black revolutionary movement," and claimed that "every brother on a rooftop could quote Fanon." Similarly, the South African activist Steve Biko circulated a copy of The Wretched of the Earth to members of the South African Students Association from his dorm room in Durban. Fanon's influence was even felt in Northern Ireland, where Bobby Sands – an active member of the Irish Republican Army – read Fanon in Belfast Prison, where multiple copies circulated in the notorious "H-block." [view link] SJG Someone gave me this for Christmas. Book is a fold out wall chart, 3 meters long. Cool! [view link] Yes - Yours Is No Disgrace - Live at Beat-Club - 1971 - Remastered [view link] [view link] Ringo Starr: It Don't Come Easy (Starr, 1971) [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] Lincoln Project [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    I think big picture, Sinn Fein / IRA has won and that Brexit will end British rule in the northern region of the Republic of Ireland. [view link] SJG The One Thing Each Zodiac Sign Should Try In Bed In 2020 [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Stockroom [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Leave the panties off of course: [view link] Larsa Pippen [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] ELP | Emerson, Lake & Palmer - 40th Anniversary Reunion - Full Concert ᴴᴰ 2010 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Could Sinn Fein derail Brexit trade deal after stunning election win? [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    The only people not talking about Irish Unity are the government. The institutions in the north are back up and running, we need a national forum, a citizens Assembly to have the discussion and we need to start the planning for the Unity referendum. [view link] [view link] [view link] The IRA dumped arms some years back. I assume that now with Brexit, that they are building up a new and much larger weapons and supplies cache. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    So when the Provisional IRA was active, why didn't it just assassinate Ian Paisley? SJG
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Feeling that the peace will break and things turn lethal again in response to Brexit. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    This is a harsh view of the PIRA and of Gerry Adams, as he defends the killing of Louis Mountbatten. The whole thing is very harsh though. But why would I have more concern for Mountbatten than for a London shop girl who got glass in her eyes. The Royalty are a cancer in British politics. " In response to this War Crime, Gerry Adams stated, “The IRA gave clear reasons for the execution… What the IRA did to him is what Mountbatten had been doing all his life to other people and with his war record I don’t think he could have objected to dying in what was clearly a war situation. In my opinion, the IRA achieved its objective.” Adams entirely disregarded the civilian casualties. " [view link] What about this journalist killed last year in Derry? Why did they want to kill her? Is this really the real IRA? SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Continuing the armed struggle [view link] Those Orange People in the Northern 6 counties guaranteed this when they elected Brexit MPs. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Why The U.K. Government Still Needs To Acknowledge Its Role In Northern Ireland’s ‘Troubles’ [view link] 2 weeks ago SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I'll give you $10 if you quit bumping 3 year old threads you idiot.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ I'll double that LOL
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    What a bunch of BS. Terrorists are the lowest scum. Blowing up pubs or schools or ambushing unarmed people and then hiding is pure cowardice. A different story if you attack armed combatants like a military convoy or base.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Sorry I didn’t realize this was an old thread lol
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Shailynn, twentyfive, and Studme53, you have IGNORE and THREAD IGNORE, so you don't need to see anything you don't want to see. Studme53, of course terrorism and the IRA are extremely controversial. You might notice that I started this thread with the title of a book which ultimately says that the IRA's actions are not justified. I do not claim to understand it, and I am not taking sides. One of the things which made me interested in it was this film. [view link] The British were sending intelligence officers who were waging their own campaign of terrorism. The IRA went into terrorism just to deal with that. Here a former San Jose pays tribute to an IRA assassin. [view link] SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The Troubles are actually a topic where I have a lot of knowledge for a variety of reasons. And despite 72 posts of links and nonsense, it's obvious that you've managed to skillfully avoid anything resembling knowledge. But, I don't post about Northern Irish politics here. You know why? ... it's a website about strip clubs, you silly tit. And not a website about the IRA or Irish politics. Also, "Michael Collins" is one of the worst movies about The Troubles.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] News of assassination of Louis Mountbatten SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    “Why did you not join the IRA?” Gerry Adams (FULL INTERVIEW) - BBC News [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Gerry Adams interview, 1 month ago [view link] Gerry Adams says Brexit could lead to Northern Ireland leaving the UK, 5 years ago [view link] SJG Rizo de Oro, often I can really go for well kept ones that are a little bit older [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Need to learn more about Gerry Adams. And I need the book written about him, not by him because I want to see what they say about that which he denies, that he is a Commander in the IRA. Gerry Adams, a biography / Colm Keena. [1990] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Documental | I R A irish republican army "Domingo a las cinco" Guerrilla de Ir [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Is Irish Reunification on the Horizon? Sinn Féin Wins Historic Victory in Northern Ireland Election [view link] SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion