tuscl

Judge orders Penthouse Strip Club on 8 Mile in Detroit to padlock door for one y

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A judge has issued a ruling that orders the Penthouse Club on 8 Mile to padlock their door for one year and orders all fixtures inside to be sold.

The battle over the popular Detroit strip club began after the city reportedly found numerous instances of soliciting prostitution inside.

The Detroit Law Department says Penthouse Club on 8 Mile has allowed acts of prostitution inside for years. They had asked a judge to close them down for a year.

According to the city of Detroit Law Dept., investigators from the Detroit Police Vice unit spent time inside Penthouse club, gathering evidence & discovering rules were being broken.

The city also points out that for years, the club has been ticketed and suspended. However, illegal acts have allegedly continued to take place.

9 comments

• ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Ordering that the interior fixtures to be sold is an interesting provision. It seems like the judge is trying to make it impossible, or at least incredibly difficult, to ever open again. Was there any restriction on when they could start rebuilding, or do they have to wait until a year is up? That would effectively add about six months to the suspension.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Progressives failed when they went after Providence clubs, but have suceeded in Detroit. Worst people on earth.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Totally sucks. Not a criminal proceeding, no jury, very low standard of proof.

Read the history of such issues:

https://www.amazon.com/Bottom-Feeders-Fr…

SJG

hot looking girl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZN8qGd…
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ Penthouse in within Detroit city limits - Flight Club (and others) are not thus they are not affected - this has been happening across the country for several years as cities don't want strip clubs, particularly high-mileage/extras ones, as part of their fabric either b/c of gentrification or just trying to "clean up their city" and its image.

No use trying to reopen - when a city goes after the clubs rarely can the clubs survive let alone thrive in that city.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Thanks Papi for that factual and insightful info.

SJG
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Damn, jackslash isn’t gonna like this 😟
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    I think Jack, and most folks, have moved on from PHC. My last visit in May was depressing. The place was a shell of its former self. It had gone downhill fast, even in the one month since my previous visit.

Detroit, outside the city, is still extras-friendly, and FC is still worth the trip. But PHC was my first extras club. It was also the first club I went to basically because of this site.

Hard to believe a place that made you feel so good can be seen as so bad by some folks. It seems wrong.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Seems like a lot of people missed this. :)
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Absolutely no legal basis for telling them they have to sell off their fixturing.

SJG

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion