tuscl

Favorite Concert Evah

skibum609
Massachusetts
Title says it all. When was your favorite concert? Where was it? Who was it? Why was it? Example: 1977/Boston Garden/Pink Floyd/ In 1977 Pink Floyd toured "animals", floating pig and all. At that time they were probably the toughest act on earth to see in concert. They seldom toured and when they did they didn't tour for a long time or go to many venue. In addition, they toured the world, not just the USA.
They came out and essentially ran through 3 1/2 albums - 1/2 of Meddle; Dark Side of the Moon; Wish you were here; and Animals. No back-up band but close to three hours. Third encore was the song wish you were here. There was an old 1920's radio behind the driummer, who turned, then turned the dial, we heard Wbcn, call letters of a local radio station as he turned the dial and then the song - if you have ever heard the song you would appreciate it knowing other bands would just run the song intro from the album and not go to the excess of making sure they reporduced everything live.

14 comments

• Muddy
    5 years ago
    Probably more recent because I decided to splurge for the front row standing (Never been) ZZ Top and Guns and Roses at the Sunbowl September 2017. Tickets were like $220 worth it IMO. And then the next September was Def Leppard and Journey in Houston that was awesome too. Few others stand out like NIN/SoundGarden same Concert stand out. I’m trying to get to as many as I can. Look at Rock music on the whole, we just lost Eddie Money and Ric Ocasek. It’s dying man and we are not replacing these dudes anytime soon so I’m enjoying it while it lasts.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Jimmy Buffett at the Igloo in Pittsburgh. Jimmy had even paid the $20,000 fee to open up the roof. My group had gotten seats in the sixth row from the stage. Great event!
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Tie between Pink Floyd The Wall ( London 1980) and U2Joshua Tree ( Sun Devil Stadium......the show they filmed ).
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Tie between Prince and Sir Paul McCartney.

I saw Prince in Maryland in May of 2015 and Paul in Virginia in June of 2015.

These are my favorites because they both put on phenomenal performances. I really can’t decide who was better. For Paul, I had really good seats and I only paid 200 bucks for my seat. That’s nothing for someone as popular as him. I lucked out and was able to see Paul in Charlottesville, VA which is a small target—thus tickets are cheaper. In larger cities you can easily pay 500 bucks or more for ONE seat to see someone like him.

PS- I haven’t seen the band as a whole, but I saw Rogers Waters solo and he performed all of Floyd’s most well known material
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Gipsy Kings Chastain Amphitheater circa 1995. My son took me for a Fathers Day present. For those not familiar with them, they sang "Hotel California" in "The Big Lebowski. I see they are doing another concert here on Sept27.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    Jimi Hendrix in his Cry of Love Tour at Boston Garden. I’d been married less than a year, I had long hair (wait a minute, I had hair). Weed was called grass and there was plenty being smoked. Purple Haze, Foxy Lady ( that one must have stuck in my brain) and The Star Spangled Banner. I wonder if there’s a causal connection with that night and my hearing aids.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ sooooo cool gawker 👍👍
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Tie: Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl and U2 at the Arrowhead Pond (now the Honda Center).
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’d have to say the best concert ever, that I saw was Simon And Garfunkel in Central Park in September of 1981 I Remember that one as if it was yesterday what a great show that was
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    August 1972, Greatful Dead, playing a benefit concert, out at the Oregon Country Fair site (parking lot in huge meadow – some people parachuted in). Sunny, breezy day, hot as hell, 99*. Ran out of our few beers fast, wish we’d brought more water.

Jerry Garcia gets to the mic, says “I’ve been to Oregon three times, twice it was raining, now it’s too fucking hot” and hits the first chord. And off it went into 2-3 hours a Dead music. Which was good. But that wasn’t IT for me.

IT was the Frisbee game. I was pretty good at it, started playing with a couple guys out on the periphery of the crowd, then one drops out, and these two girls join the game. Two beautiful, topless gals. One, especially, was stunning to me – long sandy blond straight hair, long legs, sandals and little shorts. And they both were great at Frisbee. Long distant throws, leaping catches, behind the back catches. A sweaty, hot, marvelous time. Twenty minutes of athletic foreplay before I ran up to long sandy hair, and asked.…. Oh, right, at that point in my shy late teens, I didn’t know how to do that….. sigh.

Did remember them both in my nightly go to sleep rituals though.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    2017; The Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California; Metallica WorldWired Tour.

The beautiful girl that is the love of my life wanted to go see Metallicaaa! to celebrate her birthday.

The Rose Bowl is not made for concerts, it offers the worst driving/parking/entry experience you can have at an L.A. venue, it is pretty much hell until you get to your seats.

However I was in heaven all the time just looking at my beautiful girl excited and happy about going to and seeing Metallicaaa!, I was with her and “Nothing Else Matters”.

Thank you for making me remember and relive the beautiful memory...
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ZZ Top, San Antonio, 1983. The crowd erupts when they start singing " about that shack outside LaGrange" . LaGrange, TX home of the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas is not very far outside of San Antonio. Probably a large part of the crowd had been there at one time or another.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    ^^^ If you don't know the song I'm talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vppbdf-q…

• mark94
    5 years ago
    I also saw The Beach Boys on July 3, 1976 in Anaheim Stadium. That was the return of Brian Wilson after many years.The crowd reaction in Southern California was incredible.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion