tuscl

Dancers sue Providence strip clubs, alleging unfair labor practices

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
See link. I'm not too worried at this point, but it seems like more of these cases are popping up. It'll be interesting to see if the labor model changes eventually.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/2…

6 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Mainly...
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    At Providence club auditions they make the dancer Chug a beer in a minute, to make sure they are Cr worthy.
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    I'm pretty forward-minded and willing to listen to legit dancer complaints about club fees, safety, facilities, etc.

But yeah, you're going to be selected on your attractiveness. Why? Because customers are going to select you ... on your attractiveness.

I know dancers tend not to be going to school for rocket science, but yikes, the thinking there is mind-boggling.

It isn't even phrased well. Attractiveness and appearance may be correlated, but you can be attractive without being a 10. Makeup, hair, personality, dance ability ...

... I clearly am thinking about it way more than they are, though.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    They are intent on killing the goose.

But hey, if they like mandated hours, rules of conduct, lower wages ect.. welcome to the real world.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Per the article those clubs were previously sued back in 2015 - the 2-dancers in the article that are suing both only worked about a year after 2015 - is as if they planned this lawsuit all along - per the article, after 2015:

"... the majority of the entertainers at that 362 Charles St. club and others had signed arbitration agreements since 2015 that bar them from joining class-action lawsuits. The agreement specifies that all labor disputes must be arbitrated ... He said that Pabon Molina (dancer) had signed such an arbitration agreement ..."
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    They are employees in Massachusetts. A stae I live in and strip club in at least 1 out of every 40 trips.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion