tuscl

more cascadas construction

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
they are adding a expansion of the old penthouse (seventh) floor over the north portion of the hotel. they seemed to start the work at eight. (maybe it was seven...)

15 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    the crew ripped off the existing roof over the sixth floor and are presently building the new seventh floor itself.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i posted three pics on the hk photo page.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Another reason I like to stay at Hotel Rizos.

However, there is construction too at Hotel Rizos (woke me up at 8am).
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    MisterWonderful, thanks for the pics. Sounds like an industry that needs more space to grow.

SJG
  • MadTiger
    5 years ago
    I was there this past week and yest a ton of construction. I also was speaking with one of the waiters at Azul and he said they are planning on building a NEW Hong Kong on the next block. He said it was under construction and would be ready in 2021
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    new hk? why mess with success?
  • PutaTester
    5 years ago
    I had heard that too, about another HK. Apparently the company already owns the property. And that it won't be a replacement for HK, but another venue.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Wow!

SJG
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @misterwonderful

The competition is heating up.

Chicago Club and Adelita's Bar are both pushing to take business from HK (Bar Wars).

HK's response more and better rooms at Cascadas and Rizos, and now a new club, all to the benefit of the TJ Mongers.

A new club might aliviate some of the super crowding experienced during weekends at HK.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Well, if HK is screwing up the longer and TLN sessions, yeah take business away.

But what specifically are Chicago Club and Adelita's doing to take business away from HK? More BG's?

SJG

James Brown - there was a time 1968
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lNdSqrT…

https://chordify.net/chords/james-brown-…

Interesting, I can only find some info about the above song online. Saying it is just two chords alternated, D minor, D minor 7 ( always understood as flat 7 )

One commentator called this a party song. I guess the idea is that it could go on indefinitely.

D major scale has F and C sharped.

So D minor is D F A.

Then D minor 7 is D F A C.

The way they show the chord fingering diagrams, the root note D is always on the bottom, some other inversions beyond that.

But as I know keyboard players would probably make the C note, that flatted 7 the lowest note when used.

Anyway it does sound good. Interesting.

The black panthers had their own band, "The Lumpen's". Sometimes they would parody The Temptations. Other times though they played this James Brown There Was A Time.

Often curious about what seems to give songs their particular sound and appeal.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    Why build a new HK when they already have it across the street at Tropical? And they already let Tropical died.
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    Are there even enough hot women and patrons to fill all these clubs?

• Cristobal
    5 years ago
    HKTJ is packed with customers and BGs on the weekends.

My main concern would be the pricing, is the expansion going to raise the prices of Cascadas and Rizos?
    5 years ago
    More likely it will raise the price at the new place and prices at the “old” place will fall a bit. That way they can corner both the high end and low end of the market. I bet it will cater to a slightly different audience.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Makes sense to me.

What will be lost in making this new building?

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion