tuscl

Geographically close encounters

nj_pete
New Jersey
Was with the SO couple of days ago driving up Rt 84 in CT and needed coffee and gas, stopped at the Dunkin Donuts and the Mobil that are right next to Electric Blue Cafe, which I have been too maybe 3 times. Of course I knew it was there and did not say "Gee Honey, I wonder what that place is about"!

Anyone have any close encounters of the geographic kind like that?

12 comments

• gSteph
    5 years ago
    Well, we take our dog for grooming at a place next door to my favorite SC, but it's not a problem because I have quit hiding the fact that I sometimes visit said club.

"Gee, Honey, want to see what's served for lunch at Blue Cafe?"
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Don't have an S.O. so not in the same predicament - but a time or 2 the subject of strip clubs has popped up in mixed company and I've kept my mouth shut and pretended to not have a clue about them since the convo wasn't necessarily about going to one
  • ArtCollege
    5 years ago
    I avoid one club in town because good friends of the SO and mine live right around the corner. Too easy for them to see me as they drive by.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I was eating at a mexican place and my waitress was a girl I saw once at Follies. She had danced at Oasis then danced for me in december of 2016, i looked up the review. She could really suck dick well.... she hit me up a couple times for OTC but I have lost touch with her. Until last week....
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    5 years ago
    There’s an hourly parking lot surrounding a SC several blocks from a baseball stadium. My (now ex-) wife was all excited to tell me how easy it was to park there and take our young children to the ball games. Although any member of this board would immediately recognize the exterior as belonging to a SC, it did not register as such with her.

So I was compelled to tell her to be very careful when walking the kids past the front door, lest they see scantily attired women and start asking uncomfortable questions. I truthfully explained I had read about the club and it’s connection to baseball history in a newspaper article. I had been there a couple of times, but wasn’t impressed enough to become a regular.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Getting spotted by people who know me or the SO are a constant hazard when all the area clubs have the front doors on main thoroughfares.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    I once clubbed with a guy who would always walk around and scan the room to see if he saw anyone he knew. Tried to explain that line-of-sight goes in both directions. One day he saw a coworker. He totally freaked out and never went with me again. This was at a higher end club that would be somewhat acceptable to be spotted at.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    My wife and I drive by a strip club named anthony's when we buy weed. I never mention it, so one day my wife says, "you never mention it, but I am guessing Antjhony's sucks so you don't go there". I said 'yep, pass me the vape".
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    There is a club I’ve been to quite a few times that is upstairs above a pretty decent sports bars and is located near several local sports venues. I’ve been in the bar with non-SC friends before or after a ball game and I just keep my mouth shut if the subject comes up. But it is funny listening to others talk about the upstairs facility.
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    Earlier this year, my one friend from work and I were up in the Twin Cities area, mostly to go to the Timberwolves game. The next day, I showed him some historically significant places from my childhood, one of which is the old toll bridge which is now a park immediately east of King of Diamonds in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Up to this point, we had never talked about strip clubs at all, and frankly I thought he wouldn't really care about them at all, but since we drove right past it, he asked if we could stop in later. I had to tell him they got hot girls, but they didn't do anything.
  • AtAboy
    5 years ago
    Once ran into a friend of a coworker of SO. Neither really wanted the “friend” to know. So we chatted and it seemed unspoken that what happens in the strip club stays in the SC.

Also many many years ago visited a club and discovered a former coworker I was friendly with dancing. It surprisingly wasn’t awkward when we caught up while she was on stage naked spread eagle in my face.

I do a scan of the room too. In the SC. In a regular bar. I like to evaluate the people in my surroundings. I’m paranoid like that.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    2 Month ago my daughter and I were leaving a BBQ restaurant in Griffin GA. I spotted a Follies dancer in the parking lot and pointed her out to my daughter. She was one of the infamous Griffin girls and it was 45 miles to Follies.

I have a good relationship with my kids.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion