tuscl

LAX

bkkruined
Washington
Monday, May 20, 2019 11:08 PM
Flight delayed and I am stuck overnight at LAX. Getting rental car, what's the best value?

18 comments

• Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Tj 140 miles away
  • bkkruined
    5 years ago
    11:00 pm to 7:00 am, not enough time to get there and back.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    belax.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    on imperial at the interchange of the 405 and 105. my favorite usa club.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    real close to lax.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    Don't get a rental at the airport, go to another location to get it. You'll get upcharged on everything at the airport.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Alamo
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    uber
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "Don't get a rental at the airport, go to another location to get it. You'll get upcharged on everything at the airport." When you're already at the airport, with no wheels, and it's 11 pm at night, your options are pretty limited. @BK: King Henry VIII in Gardena is pretty interesting for something different. Not that this helps you now as it is 8 hours too late. ;)
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Yeah rental cars at airports do suck for all the extra charges. But it's still the most convenient by far.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ Yup. In most cases it's just not practical to rent a car off airport unless you have ample time to pre-plan. Imagine BK sitting there late at night, trying to use his smartphone to quickly find an open rental car agency off airport, then compare it to what is available on location, then arrange for alternate transportation to get himself to that other location. This of course is on top of already having to book a hotel room for the night on a last minute basis. Then, as icing on the cake, he has to build in extra time very early the next morning to return the rental car to this offsite location and then get an uber to the airport. OR...just take the rental car shuttle to the LAX rental car center, grab a car and go. Then, the next morning, return it to the LAX rental car center, hop on the rental car shuttle and be in the terminal 10 minutes later.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    belax doesn't mean anything to someone unfamiliar with the club - you gotta spell out the whole name and not give acronyms only someone already familiar with the club understands
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Uber....
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    For those of you who assumed he was asking for club advice. Reread the question. He was asking for rental car advice.
  • bkkruined
    5 years ago
    I already had the car rental covered... Flight was cancelled at 11:00 pm, assumed clubs would all close at 2:00 am, ya, I am gonna use a rental car with airport shuttle. Already had one sorted with frequent rental points and Corp rate, etc. Biggest problem was parking at the hotel the airlines put me up in... Parking from 3:00 am to 5:00 am cost more that the car! Anyways... Searched the club listing via 'near me' sorted by eating and thunked king Henry might be interesting? Didn't notice on the description it was a black club. Wasn't really a problem, except all the girls were thicker than my preference. Finished my beer and moved on. Assumed belax stood for bare Elegance, and decided to try that next. It was alright. Not inexpensive, and not high mileage, only about 6-10 dancers working, but only time I can
  • lopaw
    5 years ago
    Shoulda just got a hooker on Century Blvd.
  • bkkruined
    5 years ago
    .... Only time I can remember going into a club and EVERY dancer there is freaking HOT. So, one had a big nose and kinda cross eyed, but large beautiful tits and a hot ass!!! And, the we're open till 3:00, so I got an hour more than I expected. But on a Monday night that extra hour wasn't much to write about. Up early this morning and back to LAX. That airport is a mess!!!
  • bkkruined
    5 years ago
    >Shoulda just got a hooker on Century Blvd. Not familiar with where hookers hang around LA. Not interested in getting arrested. Remember years ago reading about Hugh Grant and Eddie Murphy getting caught, wondering if all the hookers are ugly enough the TVs are the prettiest? Checked a few AMPs, all seemed to close at 10:00 pm, but I was still at the airport with flight scheduled to depart at 11:00 pm (not cancelled till 11:00).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion