tuscl

Origin of the phrase brick house? And what is the appeal?

Fun_Loving_Fella
Everything you need, nothing you don’t
Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:15 PM
I understand what brick house means based on context, but don’t really know specifically what characteristics qualify a woman as one. I haven’t really put a lot of through into it since it’s not what I’m personally attracted to, but lately I’ve been seeing people here use that phrase a lot which had sparked my interest. What makes a woman a brick house, and what about this draws the attention of certain men?

16 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I think the original term was a brick shit house.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    and to tell you the truth I have no idea how that term came around. it’s basically in reference to a well endowed woman.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    and to correct myself it should be built like a brick shit house.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    A very-curvy voluptuous wonan - I wouldn't say it's a common term in this day and age - "The Commodores" had a song about it in the 70s so perhaps it was more along the lines of black-slang back in that era (since black men tend to be into that type of woman)
  • K
    5 years ago
    Originally it was not a compliment. A simple wooden closet serves the intended purpose better than a brick house. Saying she was built like a brick shit house is saying she is over doing it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Per Google: " ... "Brick house” is a complimentary descriptive referent for certain females which was coined by Shirley Hanna-King, the wife of a member of the R&B group “The Commodores”. According to that usage, "brick house" (also found as "brickhouse") [noun] is a curvaceous, "stacked", attractive female ..."
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I agree that "brick house" was originally "brick shit house." In older times, like the 19th century, people used outhouses or shit houses. Due to the nature of what went on in the outhouse, outhouses were poorly constructed. They were not well-built. They were just shacks that gave you a little privacy when you took a shit. A brick shit house would be one that was very well-built. So saying a woman was built like a brick house (or brick shit house) was a humorous way of saying she was very well-built.
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    Back when I was in high school, “brick house” was what the black guys used to call thick black women.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    "Ow, she's a brick house She's mighty-mighty, just lettin' it all hang out She's a brick house That lady's stacked and that's a fact Ain't holding nothing back Ow, she's a brick house Well put-together, everybody knows This is how the story goes She knows she got everything That a woman needs to get a man, yeah, yeah How can she lose with the stuff she use Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six oh what a winning hand 'Cause she's a brick house She's mighty-mighty, just lettin' it all hang out She's a brick house Ow, that lady stacked and that's a fact Ain't holding nothing back Ow, she's a brick house Yeah, she's the one, the only one, built like an amazon The clothes she wears, her sexy ways Make an old man wish for younger days, yeah, yeah She knows she's built and knows how to please Sure enough to knock a strong man to his knees 'Cause she's a brick house Yeah, she's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out She's a brick house The lady's stacked and that's a fact Ain't holding nothing back Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down now Brick house Yeah, she's mighty mighty, just lettin' it all hang out She's a brick house Yeah, she's the one, the only one, built like an amazon, yeah Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it, shake it Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it down now Shake it down, shake it down, shake it Ow, a brick house"
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    That new Papi Chulo movie should be named "Papi Chulo - 50 Shades of Brickhouse"
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I think I heard somewhere that you do like variety.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Just in case you want to listen to it : [view link]
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Nobody knows exactly when it started, but the phrase goes back at least as far as 1903. *************************** "built like a brick shithouse" [from Wiktionary] (Canada, US, simile, idiomatic, colloquial, somewhat vulgar) (of a woman) Having an athletic or muscular body; often implying also having large breasts and/or an attractive body. "Over built" for the purpose. More effectively, or handsomely built than is strictly necessary. ***************************
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Bricks are stacked. A woman with big boobs is stacked
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Bricks are red and cause an abrasion when you rub against them.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    ^ Lol Let's not be racist now, there are also yellow, tan, white, brown, gray, and other color bricks and all can be abrasive. :D
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion