tuscl

What rights do bouncer's have to fuck a PL up?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
A question I should know the answer to.

Under what circumstances can a bouncer apply physical force?

For example, if a drunk PL refuses to leave can they legally drag the dude outside even if his only trespass was being drunk?

Years ago it seemed like club security at any type of a club had free reign to kick ass at will but I think times have changed in that regard.

20 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    If he comes from an impoverished background he is justified in fucking up any PL he wants.

Isn't that right @Icey?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    It depends whether the drunk PL made the bouncer feel bad about himself
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assume a bouncer should only use enough force to control a custy, but IDK how much force he's allowed if the custy is not cooperating by not wanting to leave the club for example
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The legal limits are probably similar to what action you can take with a visitor to your home. You have the right to ask them to leave and to forcibly remove them, if necessary. But, the level of force should be appropriate. If you drag them out, fine. If you beat them bloody, you can be charged. As always, it’s safest to involve the police.

At the club where I worked, we always had an off duty cop outside the front door. We would use sufficient force to get them outside and the cop would take over from there. If they opposed the cop, they went to jail. If they fought us inside, they sometimes accidentally ran into something, hard, on the way out.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    It's gonna vary by the state and maybe city.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    If I were the bouncer, I would simply use only the force necessary to keep all the patrons and dancers safe while calling police to have the drunk ass bastard removed for trespassing. There is never reason to go beyond that. I watched a small statured bouncer remove a guy in a Canada SC by challenging the drunk ass shit to a fight outside. The drunk accepted the challenge. The bouncer lead him to the door. As soon as the door was opened, the bouncer shoved the drunk out the door and then closed the door and locked it. Situation resolved. SMART MAN. Very professional in my opinion.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I doubt that many clubs want the police to get involved. It does not look good on their record when the do gooders try to shut the place down.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The attitude of the bouncer has lot to do with the outcome. If he is firm, but respectful, it’s likely the customer will choose to leave. If he is confrontational, threatening the customer, many customers will choose to fight to protect their manhood.

The worst possible bouncer is the steroid taking behemoth who constantly needs to prove he’s the alpha dog.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    @ shawdowcat. Good point.
    @ mark94. Agree
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    The worst possible bouncer is the steroid taking behemoth who constantly needs to prove he’s the alpha dog.....which are exactly the type of guys that want to be a bouncer in a strip club.....throw in posissive as well and you have a problem that is waiting to happen.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    No one has a right to fuck anyone up. Whether a bouncer will or not depends on their level of professionalism. Only one time have I been asked to leave. (Waitress cut me off, so I had my buddy get me a beer which if course the waitress saw me drinking. I was barely buzzed, just in a great mood. She was a bitch.) I was suddenly surrounded by six beefy bouncers in cheap tuxes and told I had to go. No one laid a hand on me, and I wasnt about to fight those odds. That was smart and professional on their part. An amateur might have walked up and pushed or grabbed my shoulder, causing an immediate physical escalation.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ did you call the waitress a porchmonkey?
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    For those of more mature age - decades ago didn't it seem like bouncer's had free reign to fuck people up with impunity?

Seems like things were different back in the day.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I remember a few clubs on Long Island that were run by the Pagans MC club bar fights were common.
  • BGSD3100
    6 years ago
    If I remember correctly, the movie Roadhouse explained the rules. Been a long time since I've watched. I'll have to see if it's on Netflix.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I don't think legality matters much when you are getting your ass beat to a pulp.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If RickDugan is the customer I don't think anyone can fault the bouncers
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    Ron White put it best.

I don't know how many of them it would take to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were gonna use.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Roadhouse can be summarized in the phrase “ Be nice until it’s time not to be nice” Or, as Teddy Roosevelt said, “walk softly and carry a big stick”.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion