tuscl

OT: Restaurant staff singing Happy Birthday

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sitting at Olive Garden having a late-lunch (no decent Italian restaurants in my Cuban hood) - about 5 starff-members a few feet from me start screaming about someone's birthday and break into song - I find that shit so annoying and not really genuine to begin with - kinda analogous to a participation-trophy where everyone has to be made feel special even if it's fake.

12 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    Papi, we're you taking a dancer out to lunch?
  • BigDickSammy_
    6 years ago
    This is annoying sometimes. Last time I went to olive garden the food was terrible.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I don't take dancers out to lunch - like so many studs on TUSCL, dancers take *me* out to lunch then they take me home and fuck me for free
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Yeah. It’s lame. Especially when someone had the do it to you. But I guess not as bad as the bachelor party shows in strip clubs where they put the “lucky guy” on stage and embarrass him.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    —>”I find that shit so annoying and not really genuine to begin with”

Exactly. The people you’re dining with know it’s your birthday and that’s all that matters. However there are those who enjoy being celebrated publicly - not my thing, but whatever.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Its kinda funny. I don't mind it. Its hell of a lot better than screaming kids or babies who shit themselves, loud groups, people who eat loudly... in restaurants. I always get Asian food to go, the sounds they make when they eat drive me crazy.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It's just plain inconsiderate to everyone else who is trying to enjoy their meal.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Hate it. Unless we are getting something free, then I’ll tolerate it.
  • rogertex
    6 years ago
    yeah such sing-out sessions in the Front Room? Seesh!
    They should have a VIP area or Cabana in the back where they take this party and go bonkers with birthday singalongs.

.... Papi, send this thread to Olive Garden!
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Olive Garden food doesn't have ANY flavor. It's weird.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    It's annoying and fake, even when it's my birthday we never tell the staff.

I notice my female friends (attention junkies) like the singing happy birthday much more than guys.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Olive Garden really varies, its not bad in some states.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion