tuscl

What works better for you: hookup apps or hookup sites?

madgracy
Belgrade
In the past 4-5 years, I tried (and I am still using) at least 15 hookup apps (https://www.dailydot.com/irl/hookup-apps…) and a bit more sites (https://onenightstand1.com/sex-hookup-si…) to arrange hook-ups.

Tried almost everything but now I am on 4 hookup sites and 2 apps (Tinder and Pure). For me a bit better are sites than apps, I am having an impression that is a bit lower competition on sites. On the other side, I have an impression that 9/10 and 10/10 guys, bang all girls on apps.

I am interested what working better for you, when it comes to finding some casual sex partners: sites or apps?

16 comments

• Icey
    6 years ago
    Neither, I'd rather just talk to girls. Meet them anywhere.

The problem with sites and apps is that they're over saturated with men.

One time, me and my girlfriend did an experiment where she made a Tinder profile and kept it up for 8 hours. In those 8 hours, she had over 3000 likes. Say a girl really wants to meet someone on there, she's not going to go through all of those profiles..... same with sites, unless you really stand out in some way the odds of even getting noticed are very low.

I think Instagram is actually a good way to hook up, especially if you have at least a little clout on there. Maybe even FB. Some place where you can have initial interaction with a girl and get noticed.
  • Player11
    6 years ago
    I have SA or SC pay for play. Currently seeing x stripper been shagging 10 yr. pop real low.

I would think hookup sites like bars over saturated w guys - found it waste of time in 2003.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Neither. Don't believe in the internet for hooking up or trying to date. No exceptions.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    In my limited experience, I found dating/hookup sites and apps a complete waste of time and money.

I've always preferred face to face contact but with the saturation of people and fake accounts I doubt I would ever try online dating/hookups again.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    6 years ago
    I have had some limited success with hookup apps and sites between 2014-2017 but overall the odds are overwhelmingly low for hooking up with the type of women you want. Nowadays, like IceyLoco said, these apps are completely saturated with men and is not worth the money or investment. Face to face is the best way to go. Ironically, I received the most attention and responses from the ladies with Instagram more than any other of those '"hook up" sites. It usually just begins with me following them and liking/commenting on a recent picture. If she responds to my comment that's when I DM her and go from there. But overall I like face to face the best.
  • irocguns
    6 years ago
    was a good resource ten or more years ago but to me not reliable any more...
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I don't consider IG, SC, or FB dating/hookup sites but that is where I've had the most (though still very limited) success.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Yelp is also a great site to meet chicks. Even Google Reviews

The sites that work the best are those where you have something in common and some kind of incentive to communicate, plus they show a lot more of what a person really is than a dating profile. Having some kind of communication, like in person, is what catches interest. Not just a random message on a dating app/site.

EVen if there are more guys than girls in a bar, you still have a better chance than online. She sees you in person and its easier to make a decision or to get someone's attention.
  • madgracy
    6 years ago
    Cristobal, thanks for sharing your experience, and also thanks to IceyLoco, you gave me a totally new approach to this, so I will try with Yelp and GR :)
  • madgracy
    6 years ago
    Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx, this about Instagram makes sense...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Just try sites where you can have interaction with them and where your profile is more intimate and lets them see your likes, etc.

Its interesting though, how people are so anti social on dating sites/apps.
  • madgracy
    6 years ago
    IceyLoco, "...Its interesting though, how people are so anti social on dating sites/apps...." is good explanation on what happens these days when it comes to social interaction in sites or apps.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I think people have their guard up, they've been hurt, are insecure, don't know what to expect or feel pressure. Where as on sites that aren't meant to be for dating, they're more apt to let their guards down and talk with people, get to know them. It gives a common topic in common and maybe a reason for meeting. Where as a dating site or app deals directly with the expectation of something romantic happening.
  • madgracy
    6 years ago
    Well, your explanation makes sense IceYLoco...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    then there's always the old fashioned way, meeting them in public or where ever. I think that works best. You have a face to face meeting right away, know whats there, and can just move with it naturally.
  • madgracy
    6 years ago
    Well, I agree totally with you, but the question is about "online ways" to meet someone, not "traditional' ... :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion