I swear, it's just shrinkage due the cold
Saturday, February 16, 2019 3:26 PM

43 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    She has a lot of issues.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Yes that fucking dumb bitch is an issue and has issues. That wild-eyed horsefaced cunt is way out of her lane lol
    Yet another gift wrapped present for Trump in 2020, make no mistake about it.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    She does look pretty damn good in that pic though. Even with the buggy eyes.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    She's heinous.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    She's s heinious.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    The idea that giving tax breaks and courting business is a good thing to do, or that that benefits local people is wrong.

I am glad, very glad, that we now have AOC, someone not afraid to finally tell the truth.

AOC for President!

SJG

Love for Sale ( really cool cover of Billy Holiday )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8htJVyav…
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I look at that girl and I start thinking about anal. I mean, wouldn't you just want to bend her over a chair and pound her from behind ? That would make those eyes bug out even more. I know we talked about this in another thread, but I still think she would make a really good stripper. As a congressman, she is an absolute moron !!!
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    She is one of the brightest lights in the new congress, a refreshing voice willing to speak out for a progressive agenda.

SJG

Nuit Blanche - Cyrille Aimée Live at Birdland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPVbz9vb…
  • ime
    6 years ago
    What a moron, she actively worked against the people she is supposed to represent, and they are not happy about it.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    The problem is most politicians don't care about actually representing the people that elected them, they're more concerned with making things the way they personally want them to be.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    Seriously wtf do you guys want big as corporations like amazon in NYC. i thought you guys had been around the block and realize these corporations end of costing tax payers money by being subsidized. look at pro teams how they tax the city hostage if they dont get a new stadium. look at new orleans damn, just because she isnt a republican yall cant agree.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Wowie zowie, what a beautiful woman
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Childishly stupid, making her the true and accurate face of progressives. Too stupid to understand that the tax incentive was a waiver of a portion of the taxes, I e paying less. She did support the gang member who murdered one of her constituents on the subway platform.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ @ski. "Childishly stupid, making her the true and accurate face of progressives."

Very well said.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Funny none of you guys really know much about how NYC works, first and foremost in NYC 25000 jobs are just a drop in the bucket, second you need to realize the deal proponents of this were people looking to make a killing on the real estate, LIC- Maspeth is full of service industry businesses from taxi companies to janitorial services to construction companies and trucking services, lots of services that NYC absolutely needs absolutely would have been displaced by the rapid rise in real estate prices, I don’t agree that this is really a major loss for a city as big or as complicated as NY, large rapidly increasing rents would do more damage than any of you guys real, from displacement of businesses to major problems in the housing market in one of the few remaining bedroom communities within an easy commute.
    I really don’t care all that much for the politics of it, but realistically this is a bullet dodged.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    For 50 years, the media and colleges have been laying the groundwork for AOC. We are all victims. Businesses are evil. Rich people got their money through theft. All whites are racist. Government is the solution to all problems.

The problem is they took it too far. Basic income for those who don’t want to work. Tax businesses out of existence. Criminalize fossil fuels. The average voter has figured out their con job.
  • AZFourTwenty
    6 years ago
    @25
    If 25,000 jobs is just a drop in the bucket, how can you argue that it will have such a negative and damaging effect on real estate. These service industries may have increased expenses according to you, but you don't account for the increased revenues they will receive.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ you aren’t taking into account that these service jobs are already here in existence, and it’s impossible to know if the new jobs created will be filled by the displaced for one thing, and another point of contention is many of the the service businesses exist due to their proximity to Manhattan, I don’t know how old you are or if you are familiar with the housing bust that occurred in Nassau and Suffolk counties during the late 70s-through the early 80s, but it was attributed to Grumman’s expansion forcing real estate prices sky high, then Grumman ran into a bunch of issues couldn’t sustain itself and many homes were lost when the contraction occurred it ripples through Long Island.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Amazon may create a lot of revenue for a city but except for adding taxes to the city which could reduce the overall tax bill that all residents pay, Amazon likely hurts the average guy who has worse commutes, higher rents, and more competition for space everywhere. I guess that's city life and progress though. Cities get bigger and more expensive for the average guy. It is good for owners of businesses and owners of real estate etc that benefit from the rise in property values and the increase in business. The added tax revenue all those businesses pay help the little guy by the little guy not having to pay as much in city taxes hopefully. Amazon is so big, they could buy a lot of land in the woods on the outskirt of a city and build a city with services, roads, stores , etc if they wanted to really help average workers and allow most of their workers have easy commutes and low rent since an Amazon built city would have little space and rent competition. The new city would then only add to a states revenue. Of course Amazon isn't into city building and planning or caring about the average lifestyle of their employees in my opinion or they wouldn't pick places where workers have big city commutes and high prices for rent and homes. If Amazon wanted to build a new city, they could skip farmland turned city and just buy hundreds of acres in western South Carolina full of woods and almost no farm land , cheap land compared to New York and build new large divided highways, new subdivisions with easy commutes and or community townhouses or condos with shared spaces for employees to have it easy with no yard maintenance and parking for when they want to go on trips. The richest man in the world might not think about quality of life of his employees and everyone with daily commutes. My two cents. If Anazon did create a new city, they could call it Amazon but they would need city councils etc because the city might grow and attract other new businesses and industries if it was a good location.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @oriony my argument is it isn’t so great for the business owners that aren’t in the real estate business.
  • AZFourTwenty
    6 years ago
    @25
    Your response makes no sense. Comparing Grumman and its issues with Amazon is beyond stupid. If real estate increases owners benefit. You talk as though only expenses are affected. Bringing 25,000 jobs will increase revenues for most businesses in the area and increase the opportunity to improve ones position. The motivated will prosper and the people on handouts will continue to be on handouts by choice.

Whether they are new or displaced workers, doesn't really matter, it will still increase revenues.
    Amazon can revitalize the area. It sure needs it.

Look at the slow improving economy of Detroit, due to large companies taking a stake.

I would rather see a city displace a few and grow and prosper, than not displace and watch the area continue to deteriorate.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The problem with locating a new headquarters in rural South Carolina is it might be a little tough to hire 25,000 engineers from the local population. And, building out the roads, utilities, and airport would costs billions more than building in an existing urban area.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @AZ if my response makes no sense, than you just aren't old enough or smart enough to understand it, If real estate increase in price, owners benefit, wow what a rocket scientist you are, many businesses lease space, increases in lease costs occur naturally and organically, an artificial event, such as the building of a facility that the area is not designed to handle, will cause huge disruptions, and price increases, that those businesses aren't prepared to handle, throughout the area, and if you want to compare it to Detroit, which was an economic disaster just a few years back, you have no clue what that part of NYC is like, or how NYC operates, like I said so many opinions, so many of them uninformed.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    ^^ 25, is gentrification the issue you’re referring to?
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    If all Amazon cared about was keeping costs down, it seems like Detroit would be a great place to build a headquarters. Miles and miles of cheap urban land. Plenty of engineers. Infrastructure built out. Politicians willing to pay big time to bring in jobs.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    If all Amazon cared about was keeping costs down, it seems like Detroit would be a great place to build a headquarters. Miles and miles of cheap urban land. Plenty of engineers. Infrastructure built out. Politicians willing to pay big time to bring in jobs.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Isn't Amazon Brazilian?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @ Mear Not purely there’s been tons of that as well but it’s not as big of a loss as they’re making it out to be, it wouldn’t have been such a big deal except for the incentives offered, but they could have forced, many smaller companies to relocate to other areas, those companies have been doing business the city for years, I didn’t hear the same level of concern for those, and truthfully many have been there supporting the city for decades
    I personally have a friend with a large construction yard on Steinway not to far from the affected area, he would have needed to relocate his business and 175 employees along with many others. He was against it and his concerns were valid to me.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Wow, one congressperson from a liberal district really makes some of you guys lose it.

I personally find her a little green and some of her ideas are impractical. But the hatred here is illuminating.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I don't hate her James as much as I do what some of her ideas would impact the entire country.

We'll see if she develops listening skills and starts to understand that there are a lot of other people who live in other parts of the country and that anything done by government typically has a reaction to the action. So far it doesn't appear she will.

FWIW who I hate is the media who once again wants to shine a light on a liberal as tho he or she is the next coming of a saviour --the problem is when they want to shine the light and not show the warts.

As far as the Amazon deal---one of the things I will point out to you with Long Island City is that in the last decade there really are two distinct areas now where as one time it was pretty much all blue collar-look by zip codes......11101 versus 11109.......I don't agree with twentyfive 100% but he does have a few valid points. Amazon would displace small businesses, probably push them further out onto Long Island and possibly increase the cost of services provided although I tend to wonder how much of that would be out of need and how much out of greed.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ it seems most of the guys don’t know the area, but I’m not so sure Nassau County would be able to provide a soft landing any more, most of those areas close to city line have gotten extremely expensive. Another thing these guys don’t know is downstate New York is a union stronghold, it’s not just the liberals and progressives that were against it.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    25, I'm not sure why you don't grasp the bigger picture here.

3.75 billion PER YEAR in direct slaries paid to local employees.
    Estimated $27 billion in tax revenue to NY over 25 years.
    The creation and/or expansion of countless businesses to service Amazon itself as well as its 25,000 affluent employees, creating billions more in local economic activity.
    Who knows how many additional high paying construction and countless other skilled blue collar labor jobs that easily would have lasted 5-10 years (especially in NYC)
    Estimated 600-650 mm in direct urban revitalization.

In the grand scheme of things, what NY and NYC were offering in combined incentives was peanuts compared to the likely benefits. In a state and a city that are losing affluent people at an alarming rate, due in no small part to twisted thinking like this, Amazon would have been a huge boon.

Another important point is that place that they were going to put the campus is currently a shithole, with a handful of decrepit warehouse buildings and one small office building that is old too. The biggest impacted business was a plastics company that owns some of the proposed site and they were eager to participate because they were going to get paid with a capital P. Unlike many of these types of grand projects in densely packed urban areas, there was no ground swell of resistance by local citizens. Indeed, New Yorkers overwhelmingly supported this project, including those who owned businesses and property in Long Island City.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Rick Dugan
    >25, I'm not sure why you don't grasp the bigger picture here. <

That’s such an arrogant duganism I’d turn it around on you, the community doesn’t want it and you characterizeing everything in liberal or conservative that doesn’t change the fact that this was a fight between the community and the city, that’s the big picture the rest is just arrogant posturing by a bunch of folks that live in shithole counties like Pasco, with no great shakes for strip clubs, schools are substandard and medical services and shopping suck, with no hope of getting any better.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Boloney 25, the "community" sure as fuck wanted it. Some city council members, some so-called "advocates" and a small number of union members, most of whom came in by bus from other places, were the ones protesting. This was a political stunt designed for certain groups to hold up Amazon for their taste and nothing more. Well, look out it worked out.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ that’s what you guys always say when you lose, it’s always outside agitators or they didn’t understand that’s the position of the purely arrogant every time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Well, yeah. What do you expect? Us to admit when we are wrong? Where is the fun in that?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Lol^
  • kingcripple
    6 years ago
    She's fuckable. Doesn't make her smart
  • irocguns
    6 years ago
    just hoping that horse tooth moron has nudes come out.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    It’s amazing how you guys lose your mind over some freshman liberal congress person all y’all are doing is making her more important than she actually is. She represents her district, if the people of her district don’t like what she is promoting they can vote her out very easily.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    @25: Everybody in NY lost on this one. See the numbers I posted above. Shameful political ankle biting and self-interests derailed a project that would have revitalized LIC and pumped massive amounts of jobs and money into the local economy. Only the math challenged and the intentionally ignorant don't grasp this. Arguing $3 billion against all of the revenue and benefits involved is penny conscious pound foolish.

Now to be fair, I don't think that AOC and the various pigs at the trough actually wanted Amazon to go away. They just wanted to score political victories that they could tout to their constituents by wringing out what would no doubt be a laundry list of pet project concessions. Little did they grasp that, with so many smarter suitors out there, Amazon did not have any appetite for stepping into that quagmire.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I’m fine with it either way, you can characterize the various players in the mini drama any way you like, doesn’t make the outcome any different we’re you one of those landlords by any chance that might explain why you’re so butthurt lol.
    I actually own quite a bit of amazon stock and have owned it since early 2004, so I’m way ahead, and I expect it to keep performing well for the foreseeable future.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    One smart Latina has already made a huge difference!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion