tuscl

OT: GoPro Camera ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:43 PM
I don't have one (or any camera). Do you have a GoPro? If so is there a specific reason why you prefer a GoPro over just using your cellphone camera?

9 comments

• JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    I have a Go Pro but don’t use it much. The best use I ever made of it was to take a movie of me and video girl having sex in the shower. I think of it as mostly a camera for in and under the water where you can’t use other cameras.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    GoPros are primarily used as action cameras. Video not stills (though they do shoot stills). No, not usually the sort of action we talk about. But sure, you can use it for that as well. They are more often used in activities like mountain biking, rock climbing, skiing / snowboarding, etc. They are also useful as portable travel video cameras. Advantages over a phone camera is that it's more durable, water proof, better battery life, and possibly better video quality compared to your phone. Also, no limit on video length. But also not cheap. Roughly $350 for the newest model.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Another option... look at the DJI Osmo Pocket.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Don't want to stick my Camera on the front of my mountain bike.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    meant phone on the front of my mountain bike
  • epicsmedley
    5 years ago
    What was the intent of original post here PC? were you just inquiring about the gopro camera and it capabilities or other comparable of the like camera options? I don't have one, though have friends who swear by it. Like callme said above, it is a great action cam from motorcross, deepsea fishing, biking, street car racing and such, pretty much capturing super fast shit!! I only selfishly ask, since we are on a SC site (not highjacking your thread, so forgive me as I am still new to this site). I myself have always wanted to deviantly wanted to sneak in one of those the mini spy cams in to a SC and capture some of the experience first hand. Just wondering if that is even possible or if anyone on this site has done that already or thought about it. Disclaimer - highly illegal i'm sure and if the question violates site rules, I understand, just curious, I [view link] even if i had cajones probably would not do anything like that.
  • epicsmedley
    5 years ago
    sorry, I digressed above, when you do your own research the Go Pro is rugged, durable, highly quality, highly rated, probably the king, with several other trying to take it down like the apple/samsung battle going on with cell phones. I have seen this new one pop recently for action cam call the "Yi Action Camera" don't know much about it, but it looks like it wants the go pro spot of action cams.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm not hooked on SCing as much as in the past and looking to take some trips from the $$$ I am saving by SCing much less (I haven't really travelled too-much) - I basically wanted a good camera that was easy to handle and would record good videos from sight-seeing - wasn't planning on anything extreme or anything underwater but now that I think about it maybe underwater would be good for future trips I would like to do.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    For those purposes, you either want a GoPro or a DGI Osmo. The Osmo is more portable, but a little less versatile (my opinion).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion