tuscl

So a Georgia Bulldog will win a Super Bowl ring this year

Daddillac
Atlanta

19 comments

• ime
    6 years ago
    Daddilac, Sony Michel is starting to find his feet and looked great last week with 3 TD's. He had a rough start with injuries but he and our center undrafted David Andrews who is now one of our team captains could use another ring and Sony could be key if he can keep moving the chains.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    But the bulldog team couldn't beat a number 15 Texas team in their bowl game after you basically guaranteed that they would.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It's amazing how they thrive AFTER LEAVING Georgia.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I know it OSU.... in fact I've already admitted that and discussed it..... are you sure you are not a woman, continually bringing shit up from the past
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Flag.... how many UCF players are still in it?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Zing
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Lol ! I continue to rub it in because I'm curious how you can survive on a diet of eating crow. :D
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    OSU I'll remind you of what I posted a few weeks ago;

"I gave up on trying to talk logic with Daddillac and SEC football. One of my best friends who moved to Atlanta described it best to me years ago that Georgia fans basically live in a world that every third kid is named Buck or Herschel and once you get 20 miles outside of Atlanta it only goes down hill from there. "

I could make the point that there are five/six Buckeyes playing on the Saints alone. Or that the leading RB in the NFL this year and the leading wide receiver both are Buckeyes but to me it's all incidental and a non-factor. Once you get to the NFL and since it is a team sport you need to look at the other guys around you as the reason your team has made it this far.

FWIW I'm a Steelers fan and have been for 49 years to be exact but not because there have been OSU players on the roster over the years.

I am hopeful the Saints win it all.but it has more to do with the fact I lived in New Orleans for a number of years and happen to like Drew Brees....although he played for Purdue and that alone if you follow the same logic as our friend would make me hate him since Purdue beat OSU this year.............

I haven't looked in recent years but I'm pretty sure the college with the most players in the NFL is either LSU or USC. Georgia to be fair is in the top 10.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    1 Alabama 44
    2 LSU 40
    3 Florida 38
    4 Miami 36
    4 Ohio State 36
    6 Florida State 33
    7 Southern Cal 32
    8 Clemson 29
    9 Auburn 28
    9 Georgia 28
    11 Stanford 27
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    In Atlanta there have been crappy Pro sports teams for years with the exception of the Braves during the 90's and the recent Atlanta United. In the South in general we have few Pro teams. For a long time we only had the Falcons, Tampa, and Miami. Compare that to Ohio, Texas, New York, California, Pennsylvania.... Of course through expansion we added Carolina, Jacksonville, and Tennessee. But we are adding that to an entire region not just a state. So in the south we identify much more with our college teams than the rest of the country does. We also, at least recently, have owned college football. College football is cyclical and there will be a changing of the guard at some point but it is hard to argue that the SEC has not been the most competitive and dominant conference recently ( 20 years or so)

So you guys can say what you want about being irrational I call it being a fan

Now Warrenboy, did you appreciate Hines Ward, Verron Haynes, and Jarvis Jones gave you a little although I was disappointed in his pro career. I think the steelers have actually had quite a few Dawgs over the years
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    A very fun version of Fantasy Football is one where you can only draft players from your school.... I have played that way several times and it is very eye opening. The last time i played that way was pre Matt Stafford, the only QB I had in the league was David Greene and he was a kick holder for Seattle, so I played with no QB. It will shut some people up about how great their school is.... during that time Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis were at their peak so nobody was beating Tennessee in that league lol
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    @ Warrenboy, I did see your previous post regarding SEC shills and decided that it nicely summed things up. Nothing more to add.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Hines Ward is actually one of my favorite players due to his toughness and his ability to get the most out of any situation.

I'd add the Saints and the old Oilers. The Southeast Coast portion of Texas considers itself southern- probably more so in many ways than the Dolphins.

As for the past couple of decades I realize people like to believe the SEC owned college football but to a large extent what they owned is the politics and the bowl system which transferred over to the National Championship. And this is where we disagree. Home field advantage and cherry picking opponents has a lot to do with the outcomes of some of those bowl games. Even the Rose Bowl based on the comments of one of the most winning college coaches of the PAC 10 is a uphill battle for Midwest teams, especially when the West Coast team is USC or UCLA. And I should know since he was a relative--surprise-surprise.

Even this year I found it interesting OSU got overlooked. I didn't cry foul but I also felt very confident the team at the end of the year could of held it's own in the playoffs and that was without what many people think is going to be the #1 draft choice in this years NFL draft.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    In hindsight, i would have put ohio state in the playoff over notre dame. You cannot overlook their being undefeated so they had to be in the playoff, but ohio state was a better team. Georgia did not deserve to go.

Next year we play notre dame week 3 I think, in athens
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    From what I understand and this is purely unsubstantiated but Notre Dame was asked if they wanted to put OSU back on the regular schedule and OSU was told NFW. The last couple of times they played it didn't turn out so well for the Fighting Irish.

I now understand ND is looking to try and set up something with Penn State which is funny (and media substantiated) since one of the reasons they declined to play OSU is they didn't want to play a Big 10 schedule.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Dad
    "... You cannot overlook their being undefeated so they had to be in the playoff..."

Fuck you
    ;-)
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    UCF played 2 ranked teams and lost to one of them.... they were undefeated playing teams that Warrenboy and TheeOSU crucify the SEC for playing. I mean really....

UCF got lucky to get the bowl game payout they got... they did not deserve any of it
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Lol
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion