tuscl

question for older time Detroit guys

eyeofodin
Michigan
Friday, November 30, 2018 1:17 PM
This has to go back 30 years or more maybe closer to 40 years... there was a dive SC, located in a store front, with a fenced parking lot next door and the bouncer would walk you to and from your car to the entry of the the bar (I'd could not in all good conscience call it a club).... I think it was called the Mouse Trap or something along those lines. Anyone remember the place and what it was called?

5 comments

• lotsoffun201
    6 years ago
    There was the Booby Trap on 8 mile, Tender Trap I believe, and Chapeau Vert on Telegraph. The Booby Trap wasn’t a true dive club though.
  • dscott
    6 years ago
    Sounds more like Chapeau Vert to me but I think I was only there once. The Booby Trap was considered a pretty good club back in the day. I remember some fine looking ladies dancing there.
  • Htxx
    6 years ago
    The dizzy duck
  • eyeofodin
    6 years ago
    No it was not booby trap. That place I have fond memories of. It was downtown - no more than six or eight blocks from joe Lewis center. First floor of a two or three story brick building and small. 500-600 square feet. A real shit hole. Ran into a buddy from my past and neither of us can remember the places name. Dizzy duck does not sound correct
  • zef8mich
    6 years ago
    There used to be a strip club on Griswold in Downtown Detroit called the Grind that looked like a dive from outside and was in a three story building . There was a fire and it's been torn down. Never been in it. There's a picture here, [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion