tuscl

A week in Louisiana

Titus23
Kansas
I'm about to spend a week around Fort Polk Louisiana. I've heard bad things about NOLA, so I'm wondering if any locals have a suggestion for a fun spot to spend an evening while I'm in town. I don't mind an hour or two drive. Maybe more if it's really good.

Thanks!

6 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    You army too dude? That’s the only reason I could possibly dream up you would have to go there on TDY or some shit. It’s like the armpit of military. No I have no recommendations. Run now immediately. The only action your gonna get are giant gnats fucking on your face.
  • Titus23
    6 years ago
    Just spending a week at a class that's going to teach me how to not get shot by "allies" while I'm deployed. Out by 4 each day. Rental car at my disposal, making TDY money.

Last time I was at Polk was 2013, and Leesville was trash. I'm sure it hasn't changed.
  • Titus23
    6 years ago
    Shit, if Louisiana is that bad, maybe I'll just hit Houston on the weekend. Wouldn't be the first time I've ever paid for two hotels in the same night.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    If you go to NOLA, skip the strip clubs. Find drunk female tourists or go to bars where the Tulane/Loyola coeds hang. Baton Rouge is a better strip club town than NOLA.
  • aham5
    6 years ago
    I liked Visions club in NOLA. 10 minutes uber from french quarter
  • aham5
    6 years ago
    I'd avoid the french quarter clubs
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion