tuscl

Does the weather channel ever forecast weather?

Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:53 PM
I had the channel on for an hour and haven't seen a single forecast. Just a guy standing in the rain. Was hoping to see a storm track and projected rainfall across north and South Carolina. I'm thinking with the exception of coastal areas, overhyped. The storm needs to dump over 2 feet of rain to beat this storm from 2 or 3 years ago. [view link] Plus I believe if you add in additional days from 2015, many areas had over 40 inches of rain in South Carolina. Of course storms are what the weather channel loves to hype.

5 comments

• orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I turned it back on, for a split second, they showed a forecast. Amazing. Actually just a projection of rainfall amounts. FYI, hope the storm is not too bad for all those who live near the coast or low lying areas. Nothing I can do about it though. Been through a few hurricanes in eastern NC myself over the years.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I've never understood why those guys stand outside in the wind and rain to report. I'd be inside and shoot footage out the window.
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    Getting a local forecast from the Weather Channel is as rare as seeing a music video on MTV! The stations don’t want to pay for on-camera talent when recorded programming is so much cheaper.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I guess after phone weather alert apps came about, they did what they could to “change it up.”
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I guess after phone weather alert apps came about, they did what they could to “change it up.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion