tuscl

Compete with Follies?

Jeepslow
Georgia
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:44 PM
So, here in the ATL, there is one killer player in the daytime strip club scene. Low price, high mileage and lots of dancers... Everywhere else just kind of dies in comparison. And you can tell when you walk in.

I did a 7 club, mostly day-shift, tour this week. And it was a little disappointing (but also expected). Nobody is even trying to compete. They are doing the same things that they did as their business died. No specials, no tightening quality on the dancers. Nothing different.

Meanwhile, Follies is also showing cracks. Their dance staff has dropped in diversity. Some of the patrons are turned off by the new dancers. They aren't as crowded as they have been in the past, and a lot of the dancers that really built Follies reputation have left the club, or even the business. And then there are the "fixtures" of the club (not talking about furniture here)... that lead to a customer walking out smelling like an ashtray at best.

I guess the question is, what would it take for a club to take business away from "the dominant player"? I know that doing the same things that the clubs that have been losing market share have been doing thus far isn't going to make it.

Is it going to take ultra high mileage dances and free-for-all VIP rooms? Or could it be a smoke free environment with more attractive dancers, while still allowing some better mileage?

I just think back to a couple of decades ago when there were a bunch of clubs in the ATL that all had reasonable day-time shifts. None controlled the market, and when one faded, there was another that came up a bit... the "best" club would change every once in a while, but it didn't take years...

I was just thinking as I was writing a review on one of these other clubs.

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    IMO - it's the mileage - see
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I see nothing on the horizon. Sandy Springs is trying to shut down 3 clubs, Dunwoody trying to shut down Pink Pony, Doraville trying to shut down Oasis, Forest Park has shut down one and is trying to close the remaining one. Where did all of the white dancers go?

The south side of town is even worse. No mixed clubs at all. Goldrush has the potential if they could get some diversity of dancers. It was a very good club back in the 90's.

I used to drive to Columbia SC once a month but it now sucks. If Follies fails I may have to hit the road again. Huntsville Al is getting some good reviews.

Where did I put that crystal ball? :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems no other club in the area is able/willing to provide the mileage Follies does - thus all the custies flock there and are mostly willing to spend since it's sorta the only game in town so they kinda indulge/spend - which means lots of $$$ in the club which will attract lots of dancers - most dancers give mileage bc that is what is expected and why the custies are there - a low mileage dancer probably won't be able to compete too well.

For w/e reason seems Follies is playing by a different set of rules and is able to get away with it while others clubs seemingly can't or won't - they're sorta the only game in town in terms of mileage so they get almost all the biz for those custies looking for mileage and safe to assume most custies prefer mileage.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Easing up the local ordinances is the only way IMO but it seems cities across the US have been becoming more anti SCs than more lax about it
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are several black clubs that allow mileage on the floor although still not at the level of Follies.

Pin Ups in Decatur, Blaze in Conley, Strokers in Clarkston, and Babes.

I wonder if these clubs just don't care about the ordinances or if they are allowed to operate that way in that particular area - if it's the latter then why hasn't a mixed club opened in those areas where some black clubs are allowed to operate with contact dances and thus there'd be other mixed clubs with mileage.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Follies is paradise, it can't fail. Imo all other air dance clubs are a waste of time.
  • Jeepslow
    6 years ago
    Any ideas on what other clubs could do to compete? Would a little less mileage work if there was more diversity in the dancers (ie, not so many Cubans... for some people at least)?
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Flashers can give the mileage but the chick's are ugly and have GPS. .... then the owner charges for everything, daytime cover expensive rooms.... and of course now they have the no alcohol to deal with.

And I cannot mention flashers without also pointing out the fat fucking blonde lying cunt of a whore waitress
  • rane1234
    6 years ago
    It's always shocked me that more clubs don't copy follies. Business 101...
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Hell I said fuck it yo traveling and figured out how to master my own Shit market in NC LMFAO
  • jmiddle30234
    6 years ago
    If you plan cheap flight to pompano beach and hit booby trap or dd
  • joewebber
    6 years ago
    one byproduct of a good economy is the attention of politicians to strip clubs. Most of these right-wing zealots want to make a name for themselves so they target all the vices in their community.
    this happened in forest park with crazy horse and pink pony south.

very few customers care about a smoke-free environment if the club offers high mileage.
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    @Dadillac I did actually get some good mileage (not quite Follies) at Flashers, but with the rooms prices VIP is a complete no go there.

I talked to a girl who was trying out Oasis who had been working mostly at either Fannie's or Riley's on Fulton Industrial. She also said she had worked at Follies. She said her Fulton Ind club allowed mileage similar to Follies, but she said it just wasn't busy enough to make a lot of money. She was a cute skinny brunette white girl. Needed to work night shift and didn't like Follies at night which was why she didn't go back there.

I've been meaning to visit the Fulton Ind clubs just to add them to recent list, but so damn far away.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion