tuscl

Best subs

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
Monday, July 2, 2018 2:00 PM
I thought which which was the best but im still in love with subway

42 comments

• LostinFLA
    6 years ago
    Where does subway get it’s meat? Why is it sliced before it gets to the store?
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    I had one once. Never again.
  • @london guy what did u not like abt it
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Not being argumentative, but I find Subway the absolute worst of all chain shops I've ever been to. The bread is practically tasteless, and worse, textureless. The meat is the worst of any chain sandwich shop I've been to, definitely just tastes like lowest quality. Mostly, bad taste, bad texture, make up for it with salt. I'm sure there are worse chains around, I just haven't been to them yet, I suppose. Probably my favorite chain in the area is Jersey Mike's. Remind me of the subs I used to have down at the Jersey Shore. Absolutely the opposite of Subway: bread has awesome taste & texture, meat is quality, the veggies and toppings add to the flavor.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Firehouse is my fav, but costly.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Firehouse costs about the same as Subway here and is better quality and bigger I like Jersey Mikes and Firehouse.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I went to Firehouse once in Vegas, I remember it being swell
  • I need to check out jersey mikes bc my friends recommend that too..so next time i go ill take yall with me and buy u ppl subs lololololololol
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I thought this was a discussion about the German Navy.
  • @warrior ill buy u a sub
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^German navy calls them U Boats.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    The best sub is one who never feels the need to use the safe word.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    In the Detroit area we have Tubby's subs. Delicious. I don't buy them very often because I don't want to get as big as Juice.
  • rossl
    6 years ago
    @gmd - Nice work with that tangent! I’m pretty partial to Jimmy John’s - the Gargantuan is usually 2 meals…
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I hate the dog face avatar
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Togo’s, Jimmy Johns, and Jersey Mike’s are all light years ahead oh Subway. It’s not a chain, but if you’re ever in the San Pedro, Ca area give Busy Bee Market a shot. Hands down the best sandwich...
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I'll vote for firehouse over subway too. I'm not a big sub fan though
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    This chain is regional to the Carolinas and Northern and Central California, but Sourdough & Co. has very good sandwiches and soups. The only bread option is sourdough though. Jimmy John’s is pretty decent, especially if you get the vinaigrette on the sub sandwich.
  • LostinFLA
    6 years ago
    If you are ever in Florida just head to a Publix grocery store. Best subs by far.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Another vote for Firehouse along with Larry's. But my real favorite is home made.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    In the northeast sub shops proliferate and they are far better than any of the chains.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I was just about to mention publix too. Check out their chicken tenders sub, tossed with mild buffalo sauce. Yummmmm
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I have said it before and I’ll say it again no chain sandwich shop is even close to Publix Supermarket fresh deli sandwiches. Not only is the bread baked fresh on the premises, the meats are sliced to order, and I can usually make three meals from a single sub.
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    I second the notion that the sub chains pale in comparison to a well run privately owned place like White House in Atlantic City, Nick's in Dewey Beach and so on.... true that the grocery store subs can be some of the best. I had one from a place called Market in the Square in Buffalo that to date is my number one. [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    For me, it's a tie between Publix and Safeway Delis. Often, Subway was the only convenient option. The few occasions that I had a choice between Subway and Quiznos, I'd give a slight nod to Quiznos.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    minnow, agree that Subway and Quiznos are on par --that is, both bottom of the barrel -- with Quiznos probably pulling ahead a tad. Interesting what you say about Safeway Delis. I used to grab the pre-packaged, wrapped sandwiches at Safeway deli, which I stopped doing since they're the one option even worse than Subway. But I've never gone to the deli and ordered fresh, which might be a whole lot better. I mean, their cold cuts can be good -- with different bread options, I could see the sandwiches being really good
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    There were reports that some of Subway’s meats were part soybean. Also, their meats sit out for so long, waiting the next customer, that they look disgusting. That’s the main reason I stopped going there.
  • woodstock
    6 years ago
    @Nicole, in Austin, check out Delaware Subs. If you're looking for Austin born-and-bred sub shop, try Thundercloud Subs.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @ Longball The White House has great subs. Our President eats a lot of them.
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    if you want subway, you have to go to a busy one and never order shit people dont buy. just get the popular stuff cos its more fresh. avoid tuna salad and shit like that though
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    This is the kind of topic that is totally appropriate for tuscl, and extremely interesting as well. A topic about best subs? Tuscl gold. Subway is gross, btw.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    The WWII German Type XXI was decades ahead of its time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I can't believe Japan didn't use any in their loss against Belgium yesterday.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @woodstock Ooh, I'll have to keep it in mind. I like Arby's and Schlotzsky's.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    The Type XXI was the first sub to have cold storage for fresh food. Otto "Hoagie" Grinder was raised a Poorboy but became a German Hero when he sliced long rolls and filled them with fresh meats, cheeses and vegetables. Many a German sailor became a Blimpie eating those Grinders. The submarine sandwich was born!
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    @wood and spice.. snarfs ftw
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Yes to woodstock’s Suggestion for Thundercloud. Excellent And subway is the plan b of subs. I’ll take Jersey Mike’s, Jimmy Johns, or Firehouse before anything else.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Oh, Jason's Deli is really good. I haven't been to one in a long time though.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @zoey I’ll try that too xD
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    The best subs are from either the Lakeside deli or The Great Wazu - no reason to go to Subway. In my view - Jersey Mike’s is good - and Jimmy Johns is good too. But Subway is a step above Blimpe (and that’s setting the bar very low).
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Im surprised no one mentioned Port of Subs. But to be honest, nothing beats a local joint
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion