tuscl

MMA Chick Fights

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
I like MMA, but I can't get into watching girls fight. Am I the only one that feels this way?

19 comments

• why are females called "chicks" if there is such thing as a male chick ( a baby chicken that happens to be male)? hmmm. # very dumb # smh @ society
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'm not much into fighting for either sex but yeah have not gotten around to watching chicks fight w/o it making me uncomfortable
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I can't watch women MMA fights either. I don't like to see women with beat up faces.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I watch them fight. Since I don’t purchase the PPV part of the MMA broadcasts - my choices are a little smaller. I enjoy well matched cards - so sometimes the women’s fight is more evenly matched than many of the men’s fights.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I loved watching Rhonda Rousey's judo throws. She had the best throws and sweeps ever.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    Top female fighters like Amanda Nunez, Rose Namajunas, Cris Cyborgnd and Joanna Jędrzejczyk are really skilled. The lower ranked fighter bouts are generally a little boring.

But watch this head kick knockout. Absolutely sick!

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/24/17498…
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    My tablet added extra letters to Cris Cybog's name.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I agree with SirLDAlot and rh48hr - those top women are very talented.
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    I'm not into MMA but I go to BWW some Saturday nights when they are showing it and I like watching the women fighters like Holy Holm and Paige Van Zant, and before that Rhonda Rousey.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    I know what you mean. It's not my thing either. But Gina Carano was really hot. Back when she was still fighting, it was almost enough to make me want to watch. Almost, but not quite.
  • Heellover
    6 years ago
    Gina Carano is hot! I watched her on the American Gladiators (reboot or whatever) that only lasted two seasons. Her Gladiator name was Crush. Best sign I saw was "I have a crush on Crush". I think it may have been a young (early 20s) guy holding it.

Some of the original Gladiators, like Lace who was beautiful, appeared in Playboy back in the day (full nudity). No luck with Gina though unfortunately.

Damn I feel old now remembering the original American Gladiators show. Oh well!
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    When female MMA was up-and-coming, there were many times when the female fights were more exciting than the men's fights. Maybe they had something to prove, but I'd be sitting there at the fights, and you get these cautious defensive men's fights, and then the women would come in and THROW DOWN like warriors, so exciting. These days, I don't have that same impression -- many women's fights just seem sloppy, or maybe they've lost their novelty. There are, of course, still female warriors who really bring it and make things exciting.

Overall, I enjoy female MMA, although as it becomes more and more "just like men's fights, only less skill and explosiveness", I enjoy it less and less. There are exceptions, of course -- Joanna being a killer and seeming to be a terrible person, Rose's unlikely defeats of her, etc., as exciting as any men's fights
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I do like a good cat fight though. Two girls having it out in a club would kind of turn me on. Two female MMA in a ring would not be the same.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Don’t really care for MMA either men’s or woman’s, I prefer boxing and I have watched woman’s boxing a few times but it doesn’t do much for me.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Well, if you don't like MMA, that's that... but I love both boxing and MMA, and would say that women's MMA is waaaay more exciting than women's boxing
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    This thread is making me long to see a good women's mud wrestling match.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I actually like watching fights. Not MMA, but street fights, as long as the girls can fight. My mom taught me how to fight when I was like 11 (she always said I was so beautiful that girls were going to pick on me and try to ruin my pretty face... Her words). She has done kickboxing growing up so she knows her shit. She was first person who taught me how to throw a good punch.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I used to be a huge boxing fan........not much on the MMA stuff although more and more people seem to equate it to boxing more so than WBC or WBA sanctioned fights........I've met Laila Ali........she'd probably beat the snot out of most of us in the ring.......so I have a healthy respect for anyone in the shape it takes to get in the ring.

@twentyfive years ago I used to attend a lot of fights but its been a long time since anyone has my attention to go root for them.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    rh48,

Use the new edit feature to correct the errors.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion