tuscl

Suggestion for founder

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:55 AM
Similar to the ignore feature for members, can you set it up so we can flag discussion threads as unwanted, then allow us to view all discussions or only those not flagged as unwanted? Kinda like how you can mark email as read and opt to only view unread email.

18 comments

• 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    No disrespect flagooner, but it seems like an elaborate solution for a problem that can be solved by simply not reading threads that sound uninteresting and/or have an original post by somebody you don't like. I'm not saying that certain people haven't been bad actors. However, I bet the real bad actors find it absolutely brilliant when people complain about trolling.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I might say it another way. Once we checkout a thread and decide it is worthy of our time, THAT ONE is flagged and becomes a goto thread. The others go to the bottom of the list. OR have a selection that we can click that will only list threads where we have commented. Personally, I can wade through the BS with the help of "ignore", so just tossing out other ideas.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I'd like to see the ability to up-vote or down-vote discussion topics or individual posts, and have that affect visibility.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Suggestion for @Flagooner: File a DNR with your nursing home, stop taking all medication, and hold your breath as long as possible.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    No disrespect taken @4got. You are entitled to an incorrect opinion. ;-) It shouldn't be that elaborate of a solution. I'm just looking for something that can thwart a troll from flooding the board with bumped or newly created posts that we continually need to scroll through to get to threads that interest us. I don't like ignoring individuals because they may have something of interest to write, but there are many threads I have no more interest in. I may be wrong, but it seems like @founder has been enjoying fiddling around with enhancements lately. Much more active with them the past 6 months than I can recall in my previous few years as a member. I thought this might be a fun project for him. SJG doesn't this a bit and this Trucidos douche has started doing it at a bigger extreme.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Suggestion for @3inchmember Eat my ass
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    You mean like a usenet newsreader where you can mark threads read or ignored and put people in a killfile.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    At first I thought you were being too-picky - but it's a good idea: * to not have to deal when the trolls spam the board with old bumped threads * similar to many reviews, many threads are not worth reading and taking up space, being able to remove unwanted threads from one's view would make participating on the board more efficient
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I agree with Papi
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ me too
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I agree with C-flock
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    It seems like it might be a lot of work, but if it were implemented correctly, I think it would be a good feature. However, as founder has pointed out in the past, the discussions aren’t his bread and butter on this site. I think he once mentioned that a whopping 0% of the site’s revenue is generated by the discussion boards. So I wouldn’t hold my breath unless he’s got some free time, or can think of a way to put it on the income side of the ledger.
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    Beatljuice beatlejuice beatlejuice hahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think having a "hide this thread" option, along w/ a toggle switch similar to the reviews "Quick/Long" views, would work well - i.e. being able to hide/unhide individual threads and have a feature to see all threads vs just the un-hidden threads - i.e. a way to go back in case you hid a thread unintentionally or change your mind.
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    How about a hide my dick up your ass option it seems to be there 24 7 lately faggotooner
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    You to Papi Gimpo
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    That's a really good idea Papi. ;-)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I prefer playing hide the salami with strippers no offense to you homos tho. ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion