tuscl

What is wrong with me?

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Please limit your responses to pertain to this situation.

I haven't been looking for a new job, but I regularly get those annoying emails from headhunters. One came across recently that appealed to me so I responded. I've been asked to come back for round two interviews.

Pluses: more $, more stable company, closer, no travel, similar responsibilities.

Minuses: I can't see how I'll be able to get to the Inner Room any more if I take the job and my all time favorite is coming back soon after a 5 month sabbatical.

Here's the thing.
I'm thinking about turning down the job if I get an offer.

WTF????

26 comments

• K
    6 years ago
    You value a personal relationship over a job. I see nothing wrong with that
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Maybe it’s time to explore otc. It’s not like she won’t be okay w lower expectation of extras. You might even save money.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    You know this already, but turning down a better job over a stripper is bad decision making.

There are other hot women, and better money helps you get access to more of them.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    There’s nothing wrong with you right now. You’ve not gotten an offer yet - and you’ve not decided yet. Considering everything associated with taking a different job is an important part of the decision making process.

Keep thinking through the process. These decisions take time.

It may have seemed crazy to apply for a job based on the solicitation you received. Thinking about how this new job might effect your clubbing isn’t crazy. Hopefully you will get an offer!
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    Ask her to move with you.
  • Rickberge
    6 years ago
    I dont think nothing is wrong with you, we all set different things at different values. Doesnt mean one person is better than the other.

But I will say, "I" hope I never get to the point where I'm factoring my SC activities with a business decision.
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    Bro’s before Hoe’s. Or something like that
    Take the money. You can always more women
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I take the job and would never think twice. My first trip to the inner room was in 1985. My last trip there was in April. Its not the same, not even close. When our golf trip was on the West coast we'd drive 330 miles round trip twice in a week just to go there. That was 12 years ago. Now we stay in Cocoa beach and I went twice in 7 days and it was just, oh well.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Your young and you got your health, what you want with a job?

https://youtu.be/8W-0KHHdM0o

But seriously job first. BJ's suggestion is spot on to arrange OTC to fit your schedule. Thats what I do due to fit in my favorite girl(s) with busy work/life commitments.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If you want legit advice PM me if you are just stirring the pot I have a bunch of smartass comments I can make ;)
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^ why are you two silly old farts PMing each other when you’re probably meeting today at happy hour?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I hope the job being offered is not in shailynn’s company, if so your in for a rough ride on a goat.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I posted this to see what kind of advice I would get. I about slapped myself when I found myself even considering that as a decision making factor.

I have no idea what my chance of getting an offer is, maybe 20%. I'm guessing about 5 people still in the running.

But that is beside the point.

We all consider work/life balance when making career path decisions. Clubbing at IR makes me happy so it would be a sacrifice that warrants consideration. I can't imagine it would tip the scales though.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Good to know, who the fuck would hire you at your advanced age anyway? ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Strippers with daddy issues?
  • Prim0
    6 years ago
    My experience is that making a sacrifice for a woman rarely works out in the end. If the job is a good deal and a step in the right direction, take it.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    More money, better company—take the job. You’ll find new pussy.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    However, when I bought a new house about 9 years ago, I wanted a place within 30 minutes of the Flight Club.
  • RTP
    6 years ago
    Flagooner, Jackslash said it well, as did many other responders. Making a decision on a strip club is an awful decision. Who is to say the IR will not close, change, be sold tomorrow? You can always find a solution to your needs somewhere, but a job that meets all those needs does not happen everyday.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i don’t understand what is the conflict of this new job if you say it is ‘closer’ ? is it a distance issue... your car won’t make it?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I currently work from home and commute to my "office" about 2,000 miles away every few weeks.

This office would be 10 miles away.

BTW, I guess I'm a bit strange in that I prefer to work in an office setting to working from home. I like human interaction as part of work.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Shit, maybe I should lobby IR to employ a Pee Troll and submit my resume.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Without a good job you may not be able to enjoy IR/SCing in the long-run.

Many companies have flex-Fridays and if you're a salaried (vs hourly) employee one is usually able to take qn afternoon off here and there for personal appointments (unless the job absolutely requires one's presence during every single minute of a shift)
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I really got excited for this thread until you said limit the comments to this particular situation. Kind of took the fun out it.

But onto the subject matter. Could you negotiate a 4-day work week ? 4 - ten hour days instead of 5 eight hour days. That leaves you an IR day. Then make sure your girl works on that day.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Honestly, I'm surprised that the responses stayed to topic.

I'm sure I can figure something out, but the frequency will be quite a bit less. :-(

I was more asking what is wrong with me that I'm even making this issue a part of the decision making process.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And Warrior, I bet my wife and kids could come up with a much longer list than you could.

;-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion