tuscl

Hotel rooms

gawker
Older than dirt
I recently heard or read that some hotel chains are now offering rooms for daytime use. Has anyone found this to be the case? Any decent chains? Or is it just the Notell Motel?

20 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    You mean like "Love Motels"?

I have only heard of these in Japan, in Brazil because they had to borrow them for the Olympics, in Ciudad Juarez Mexico with steel doored car ports, and then just TJ's Zona.

We do have motels in San Jose, the City hates them, but street hookers check in, sometimes two girls sharing a room, and they they service guys.

Motel Notell is an expression, is there now one really named that?

And then in our own local no touching clubs, it is not uncommon for a dancer getting kind of bored to say, "I was wondering if I should get a motel?" Generally this would mean at 2am. The night shift girls are wilder and crazier. But if the room is in her name, and she can control access with her cell phone, then it happens.

FWIW, in the organization I am building you need only come to the Temple and our dolled up stripper grade hotties will be on you. If you want to spend more time or spend the night, that will be fine too. Never any charge or costs beyond basic membership dues for any of this.

SJG
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    getting a room during the daytime is common in the transportation industry. but that is for nine/ten hours minimum. the question should be getting a one hour ‘short time’ room for fun with a lady. there are some... she usually knows which ones...
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I had not known about this nine/ten hour practice during the daytime. There are clearly situations where that could be useful.

Thanks,
    SJG
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    If you're in New York City or San Francisco, you can get everything from low-end to mid-upper-end hotels for 30 minutes at a time through the Recharge app... A mid-range hotel will run about $40/hour, higher end as high as $50-$70

I also learned here (from sinclair, maybe), there's a group of day-use apps, at least for android -- dayuse.com and a bunch of others, just search in google play (I imagine you can find these in the Apple app store, too). I haven't tried these yet
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Wow! I had not known about that.

But those are still high end prices. Just to wear out a mattress with a street hooker or a girl from a shithole strip club, Motel 6 would be fine for me.

:) :) :)

SJG

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Isn't there a Motel 6 right next to SF New Century?

How about near Broadway and Columbus?

Near MBOT or CH?

SJG
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Most drivers that do long haul have sleeper cabs and don't need a hotel.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "You mean like "Love Motels"?"
    "Motel Notell is an expression, is there now one really named that?"
    "I had not known about this nine/ten hour practice during the daytime."
    " Wow! I had not known about that."
    "Isn't there a Motel 6 right next to SF New Century?
    How about near Broadway and Columbus?
    Near MBOT or CH?"

The know it all creep seems to be coming up short here regarding knowing it all, must be gravy withdrawal. Lol
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    you might be amazed by the number of transport industry that utilize hotels for their federal required rest.
    (some) truckers, railroad crews, air crews and others.
    i myself have been in thousands of hotels because of federal law over the past 33 years. not all trucks have sleepers.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    The problem with SF is that even the worst disgusting bedbug-ridden hotels in dangerous areas cost a lot (relatively). The Red Coach near MBOT, where I've read about vicious muggings and beatings right in the parking lot, is $110+. The MOtel 6 in the same area is $140. If I can stay at the W through Recharge for $100 for 2 hours instead? No brainer, man. If you want a crap hotel for the night and don't want to stay in an incredibly dangerous area, Cow Hollow is where I usually go, but again, you're looking at the worst hotels there for $100, which is what 2 hours in a great hotel in a great area of SOMA would cost me through Recharge. By the hour at a good hotel in a good area is the only way to go in this area...
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    but i’ve only done long haul trucking for a few years.
    no way to live... mostly my experience is within a 600 mile radius.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    There is some kind of app for this....and a few websites like: https://www.dayuse.com/
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    @ Subra: "If I can stay at the W through Recharge for $100 for 2 hours instead? No brainer, man."

And lucky you, the W is less than 50 yards away from Gold Club for post-Recharge fun, that is if you like Gold Club.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    San Jose Guy - you’ll never have a use for a hotel room without bringing chloroform with you.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Not all is why I said most. Traffic, weather, slow deliveries,... can cause a driver to unexpectedly need to shut down.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^But even trucks with sleepers need a safe, legal place to park, for the required rest breaks, and some areas don’t have these spaces.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Truckers know where to go just as cops know where to eat.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Fair point.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"And lucky you, the W is less than 50 yards away from Gold Club for post-Recharge fun, that is if you like Gold Club."

Screw post-recharge fun, going to the strip club is one of my fave OTC activities ... have dinner and drinks somewhere great in SOMA, get her drunk and horny at Gold Club, walk to the hotel room to fuck it off
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    https://www.dayuse.com/

Thank you for that info Subraman. San Francisco is very hard to park in. So walk able motels would open up lots of possibilities.

And Shailynn, sounds like could use a huge dose of chloroform.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion