tuscl

Rat shit shuts down Monroe's in West Palm Beach.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

12 comments

• MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Now I got more work. Dam crazy Joe struck again
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    LOL, I missed this. These douchebags insist they're so classy and high end, but have rats. Nice.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Lol. I was there a couple years ago and they claimed they had better food than Rachels. I diddnt eat but did ultimately go OTC with a dancer. Now we know the secret ingrediant. Yuck!
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    Initially I thought rat shit was just a term to throw shade towards the police, but I guess I was wrong in this case. Hah!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Ive seen the ads for Rachel’s in the West Palm Beach airport - touting their steaks and food. I didn’t think strip club food was as good as advertised - but it appears we now know the special ingredient! I thought those were unground peppercorns - but I was very wrong...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I would imagine almost every strip club had some kinda code violation if they are checked
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Most restaurants too even the best ones. A few years back Monty’s in the Grove was shut down for the exact same reason, same with Joes Stone Crab, and most of the famous ones have had an issue from time to time.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    Just about every restaurant has some kind of code violation, but 95% of the time they're bullshit. Like Monroe's had one for not having a spray bottle of bleach labeled as such, or not having a last serve date on something. A kitchen can be clean and well run without a lot of the things they require.

Having evidence of rodents thats obvious enough for the health inspector to write up is another situation all together. It's all the worse in a place with late night activity, as rats are largely nocturnal and shy. If you've got a place with loud noise and activity all night and rats are still comfy enough there to be noticed, you've had them for a long ass time and/or have a shit ton of them.

It wouldn't keep me out of the SC, maybe I wouldn't order food, but if the SC itself wasn't trying to be so snooty I'd consider going in.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^ That’s mostly true, I was just making a point.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I loved Monty's.
    Damn now I'm hungry.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Cashman I have eaten at Rachels a couple of times and the steaks were outstanding (the filet oscar was amazing). Easily competing with a upper tier steakhouse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    "... It's all the worse in a place with late night activity, as rats are largely nocturnal and shy. If you've got a place with loud noise and activity all night and rats are still comfy enough there to be noticed, you've had them for a long ass time and/or have a shit ton of them ..."

Hey - who's to say rats don't like titties and ass - don't be judging
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion