tuscl

Darn robo callers

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:05 AM
I don't know how but they got my cell number. 2 calls in less than 5 minutes. If I was president, I'd try to get something done to block or prosecute the perpetrators. I guess 2 or 3 calls a day isn't bad for everyone else is it?

11 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’m happy to have caller id. I rarely answer if it’s a number I don’t recognize. Just because we are a bunch of horny pervs - wouldn’t it be more effective if robo callers used a phone sex approach? They could use a throaty female voice - “Hi baby. What’s a successful, wealthy, handsome and very well hung guy like you doing at home? Cum on - let it out of your pants! You know you want to! Reach down - and pull that big, thick wallet out! I neeeed you to do it right now!” I’d at least listen longer....lol!
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I guess I got spoiled and used to answering without knowing who it was. I will probably keep doing so since I'm getting recruiters call me and people I've been interviewing with. Whoever is trying to sell some kind of multi year vehicle warranty on an old vehicle is the biggest culprit. When snail mail doesn't work, they start robo calling using different numbers from different cities, I'm sure they are a crap outfit out to con people.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’ve done that too. When I was interviewing - I was much more eager to answer the phone (when I didn’t recognize the number). Those car warranty calls are very annoying.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I get a ton of these a day also. Like 5 or 6. Like someone else said if it's some weird ass out of state number.ber I don't answer and I block the number. If it's local and I answer and I hear the obvious robo call.I just hang up and block the number. It's annoying, but not too much trouble.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I have never gotten a spam call on my cell phone. I attribute this to the fact that I only give that number to a privileged few. Not even my doctors have it. My land line number I have had since 1987 and it is hooked up to an answering machine along with caller I.D. If I'm home and don't recognize the number I just let the machine answer it. Maybe 10% leave a message. I know most of you no longer have land lines but the cost is not much more than a lap dance and saves me a lot of anguish.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Use this approach... [view link]
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    Download Mr Number on your phone. It usually still rings once while its checking against the database but it will drop the call once it knows its spam, it even does a caller I'd on known numbers which I don't get on my cell.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Lol, funny video clubber. Reminds me of what a dancer told me she played for a telemarketer. Hopefully this doesn't become every day. I've only given out the number for job stuff and people I don't mind calling me. Apparently too many people already.
  • rl27
    6 years ago
    I did something similar to someone who had a fake accent sounded like a mixture of Eastern European, Indian and Brooklyn. The guys name was something like Mikael. I was in weird mood and decided to play with him a bit. "Oh is this Mike. Mike the lowlife drug dealing bastard who got my daughter knocked up and skipped town. You can't hide from me with that fake stupid russian accent. You got some never calling." I went on for about two minutes just yelling at him and telling he was violating his restraining order and I was going to forward his number to the cops, all the while he's going "uh .. uh .. uh," until he eventually hangs up. The other time was around 2003 when the OSU Miami National Championship game went into second overtime, and I got a call for a political survey. I wouldn't have answered but I was expecting a call from my Uncle asking if I was still watching. My line was, "You are calling Columbus Ohio when OSU Miami game went into double overtime and you expect me to answer a stupid survey, good luck." The woman on the line was like, "what, what game." I then said yeah exactly and hung up. Speaking of my uncle, he used to have those air horns people used at basketball and football games and he would blast the air horn into the phone whenever he got a telemarketer.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Before I let my answering machine take the calls, I used to tell them to hold on while I see who is at the door. Of course I never came back.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    sc, Good idea, but I like to see how long I can play them, especially for old people things. They expect some senility, I would imagine, but I play them as a very dense senior.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion