tuscl

Bruno Sammartino died at age 82

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
For any of you fans of wrestling before it became truly mainstream.

7 comments

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Watched him wrestle many times as a kid. That’s when pro wrestling shows were in high school gyms.

He’s no longer wrestling’s living legend.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It's when wrestling was real.

;-)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    True. The guys were much closer to the fans too. Some of those guys were really good people!
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Well, maybe more real than it is today, lol.

Bruno Sammartino was a Canadian citizen and was a fixture on the Hamilton Telecenter Wrestling show. Always played one of the good guys. Sweet Daddy Siki was another good guy, a black man with cornstarch hair. He maintained his personna all the time and would playfully flirt with the girls who worked at my parents' ice cream store. Joe Kayorie, who wrestled as Joe Killer Christie and several masked personna was always one of the "bad guys". He lived on our block, and we often saw him in the local park with a grandchild balanced on each knee. Some villain!

• skibum609
    7 years ago
    Bruno Sammartino was the king of wrestling when I was a kid. Sorry to hear he passed but all of a sudden names started popping into my mind: Professor Toro Tanaka; Gorilla Monsoon; Haystack Calhoun; The Vicious Moolah; The Flying Frenchman Edouard Carpentier; Victor Rivera. no google used, just fond memories of the 60's.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    I saw Bruno wrestle “killer” Kowalski. There was a small “sports arena” in my small hometown with wrestling every Saturday night. It was an old wooden barn that probably seated 7 or 800. I remember Haystack Calhoun being there as well. A very different time.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Only saw him wrestle in highlights but a true legend of wrestling. RIP.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion