tuscl

Snowiest place on earth

skibum609
Massachusetts
Those of us who live in winter areas would look at winter differently if they had to live in the snowiest place on earth, which actually is in America. Mt. Baker ski area in Washington received, 219" of snow ........... in January. They also hold the world record for snowfall (11/1 - 4/30) at 1,140". Next time you get three inches of snow remember Mount Baker.

6 comments

• Jascoi
    7 years ago
    good info to read as i relax in margaritaville.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    If I never see snow again it’ll be to soon for me.
    I’m happy to live in a place I can golf and swim all year round. You snow people and skiers are tougher than I want to be.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Ahh, so that's where you are. I've enjoyed the snowy place too. It snowed all day long the day I was at Mt. Baker. I loved it !! except for almost getting stuck in a field when I strayed out of the parking area with my rental car. Some of the resort workers put their shoulders into it and pushed me out.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    I live in South Carolina now. If it snows, I have to look quick before it melts, most of the time. Unfortunately this area gets freezing rain on occasion. Snow doesn't bother me unless I was the only one who went somewhere that is now closed due to a dusting. Even worse is going to work early in the morning and finding out almost no one is there.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    I have to remember to check first before going to work if there is a few inches of snow and ice on the road because most places close down with less in this area. I even left for work 15 minutes early to get to work on time. That sucked. Over 200 people at work on a normal day but that morning, 2 cars in the parking lot. There is rarely that much snow and ice here. Knocking on wood.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Park City Ski Area in Utah averages 600" + per season.
    If you live in a snow area you either learn to enjoy it and deal with it are you are stupid.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion