tuscl

OT: State Of The Uniom

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:09 PM
Anyone plan to listen to it? I'll probably pass. At this point I really don't trust/put-weight-on anything this guy says.

49 comments

• Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I always watch, regardless of who is Prez. I guess I want to form my own impressions rather than relying on the substance being filtered through any media narrative, right or left.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    At this point I really don't trust/put-weight-on anything this guy says. ___ Exactly. Why listen to a pathological liar?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Definitely I will be passing. SJG
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    Set up a dart board with pics of the Prez and fill him full of darts. It will be more entertaining.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Agreed SJG
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    I always like to play drinking games when there are certain words or phrases that I expect the president to say. This year it's going to be words like FANTASTIC, and OUTSTANDING, and FAKE NEWS.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’ll probably listen while I’m doing something else, if nothing else it gives clues to what might move markets, which I’m always interested in.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    My Ex and I used to make popcorn when asinine stuff was going to be on TV. SJG
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    Looking forward to it! I will be on the road, so it will be a perfect time to be reminded of all the ways we are winning
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Doubtful. At least it ain't that fucking shitstain Hillary giving it.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I’ll watch it while reading a drunk blog of the event.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    6 years ago
    I'm sure they will be batting about the talking points and rebuttals for the next three weeks- I'll 'educate' myself when the hornets go back to the nest and the dust settles, for better or worse. Mueller Time, anyone?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A lot of these things come across as political pep-rallies or political infomercials - kinda telling people nice-things and what they wanna hear - but you never know w/ Trump what he'll say and even if he'll come off script.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Melania is effing hot.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Malania is def striking, particularly for age - love her dark(ish) look but not really too-crazy about her bod (fake-boobs and a flat-ass) - but she *is* very attractive.
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    I'm going to pass. I'm burned out on all things Trump. I suspect viewership will be relatively low for that same reason.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    The address is going just fine. Like it or not, some things have improved since his term began, so a victory lap isn't that unreasonable. The Bushes and Obama were as full of shit as The Donald if not more. The iso shots on Pelosi from time to time are hilarious.
  • BlackMambaAwake
    6 years ago
    watching it now!
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    Pass. This isn't the 70s. Too partisan to matter.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    I saw a little of it (even though I don't even think there should be such a thing as a State of the Union address). He said some things I like (deregulation, tax cuts, VA reform, etc.), some things I don't like (trade, immigration, "In God We Trust," etc.), and some things I'm on the fence about (infrastructure, etc.). But the thing that stands out to me is that Trump often uses a black or Latin person to make his points. A black employee, Homeland Security agent with a Spanish name, a Mexican-American ICE agent, etc. In that regard, he's just as politically correct as everyone else. If he weren't politically correct, he wouldn't care about anyone's race or ethnicity; after all, what are the odds that the very best employee at DHS is Hispanic? The guy was probably chosen to make a statement: that statement being "the president isn't a racist." So Trump likes racial tokenism just as much as Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton do. Also, yes, Melania is hot. Are those the first fake tits in the White House?
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Michael Obama, who some call "Michelle" had fake tits added, so Melania is second
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^ Lol
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "My Ex and I used to make popcorn when asinine stuff was going to be on TV." Sounds so sensuous and exciting. That's probably why she left you, the excitement with you was more than she could handle.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I read an article on CNBC long before the President even was close to finishing his speech about how the president messed up his speech. I guess they couldn't wait to criticize. It was kind of lame. Said the president turned an optimistic speech into a pessimistic one. They didn't even wait until he was half way through it to post they article. Obviously someone wrote it before he even spoke. Maybe a fast writer could have written it after he spoke for a few minutes. [view link]
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I'm just glad he didn't say anything about unleashing fire and brimstone on North Korea like the world has never seen again. I wouldn't be surprised if some people sold stocks yesterday knowing Trump was going to speak for over an hour. Pelosi looked tired. She may want to retire.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Trump, like any business man, is about the art of the possible. Every proposal he made in the speech has the support of the majority of congressional republicans and the American people. That leaves congressional democrats with a choice. They can work with Trump and suffer the wrath of their base, or oppose popular legislation, resulting in trouble at the ballot box. This is especially true for the 8 Democratic senators from red states facing re-election this year.
  • Cowboy12
    6 years ago
    Not really a Trump fan, but he is 100x more honest than Obama. Trump just has a different, better, somewhat conservative narrative.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I watched it. Very interesting and thorough speech. The ups - Melania, Ivanka and Lara looked great! The downs - the leadership in both parties (aside from Paul Ryan’s age) is horribly old. Schumer looks like a decrepit old curmudgeon - Pelosi looks lost - McConnell looks like he’s trying to pass a stone!
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    My favorite was the Congressional Black Caucus, dressed in black with stylish African scarves. They sat on their hands looking like they were in pain.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^I thought McConnel looks like who farted ! The rest look old and Ryan looks like a mosquito.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    Michelle has plastic tits !! Damn, I never knew that.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I love when 25 posts unbiased, non-partisan comments.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ "My favorite was the Congressional Black Caucus, ..." How about the Congressional White Caucus, aka the GOP?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^Now McConnell knows who farted !
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Pelosi looked tired. She may want to retire........comes from eating too many Tide Pods.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    That chamber looks like an old age home! The youngsters aren’t actually young - just less old.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Did anyone see Joe Kennedy's rebuttal? He had some good lines, but I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. I was fixated on all the sweat/moisture all over his face.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I watched a few minutes of it. I thought he was crying - as his voice seemed to break - and his face appeared wet. I guess it was just sweat. He looked like a WASP’y college student.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    +1 on Flags comment. I was thinking how it was a reversal from the Nixon-Kennedy debate when Tricky Dick was the one sweating on camera. Young Joe almost looked like he was drooling.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    McConnell always looks constipated. Ryan looks like a grown up Eddie Munster with perpetual 5 o’clock shadow. Pelosi must not realize there are cameras around. I’d definitely pay to see Ivanka in VIP.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    It looked like glistening cum on the bottom corners of his lips. His rebuttal was mostly just the tired leftist mantra about inclusion & diversity being super fucking awesome lol. Looks the the dems are still going to harp on identity politics rather than actual meat & potato issues like economics & infrastructure, alienating enough average Americans come election time. Idiots.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ any rebuttal 25?
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Huntsman - I’d definitely like to see Ivanka in VIP. However, I wonder how she looks without make up, or with less make up and without her hair done? I’d bet Tiffany would be a real fun ride! She doesn’t have the beauty of Ivanka - but I’m sure she can party -
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Didn’t watch @flag
  • laplurker
    6 years ago
    I've been lied to by better than Trump.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Seems the public disagrees with most here. Via CBS, hardly a bastion of conservatism, 75% approved of the speech, including 72% of independents and 43% of demos. If I were in Congress and on the left side of the isle, I'd double down on what I've been doing!
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    I fell asleep before Trump did his thing. I'm not going to look for video of the whole thing. Watching the national news was informative today, but skewed as usual.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The Supreme Court is expected to consider whether public unions can require government to withhold dues from all employees, especially when unions use the money for political purposes. This could be disastrous for the left. Also, Trump had a quick line about getting authorization to fire underperforming federal workers. This could be huuuuge. Whittle down the federal workforce rather than just freezing hiring.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    laplurker1 Hour Ago I've been lied to by better than Trump. We've all been to strip clubs.........of course we have been lied to ( by some of the best I might add)......it's like claiming we all breathe oxygen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion