tuscl

OT: Big day of college football Sat 11/11/17

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Lots of good-games - anyone interested in any particular game this Sat?

Looking forward to Miami/Notre-Dame - have not seen ND play so IDK if Miami can match-up w/ them - keep waiting for Miami's luck to run out and thought it was gonna be last week vs VT but they kinda dominated that game (I think it was VT not being as good as advertised vs Miami being really-good) - not sure if Miami will beat ND but it seems almost anyone is beatable this year.

19 comments

• GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Turnover chaaaaaaaaain
  • clubdude
    7 years ago
    Hoping for another Spartan (MSU) upset. But I have to be real about it!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I think it’s very possible that who ever wins the ND/Miami game winds up in the playoffs.

Convicts Vs Catholics Part 2.

• Daddillac
    7 years ago
    I'm rooting for my dawgs over auburn..... Notre dame over Miami, I like richt and prefer Miami but since UGA beat Notre dame I need them to win out for strength of schedule...... finally I'm for tcu over OK
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I didn't like the turnover chain at first, I thought they were trying to copy the old Miami Hurricanes of the 1980s and it's a different time now and a different game - but the UM kids/players seem to like it and they get exited about-it so I like the chain in that way b/c the players seem to get exited about it.

It was defensive coach Manny Diaz's idea - he's a Miami guy and grew up in Miami's heyday of the 1980s, his dad used to be mayor of Miami.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I wasn't a turnover chain fan at first either, but I gotta admit, it does feel kinda "Miami" and its kinda grown on me. I haven't watched much ND football this year either, outside of whats on sportscenter, so I'm not sure what to expect tonight, but I'll be there and I'm excited.

I think there's a chance the winner of this game makes the playoffs, but its far from certain. The U will have to beat Clemson, but if they do they might get in. I think its a lot more likely if ND wins they get in, especially if UM ends up beating Clemson after losing to ND. In any case, it feels like once again Alabama & UGA are kinda in a class of their own though, as much as it pains me to say it. 3/4 are both sacrificial lambs if those two go in 1/2.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^ yeah at this point I think any PAC team and any Big12 team (other than Oklahoma) are probably out of the PlayOffs
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Miami plays loose, when they give up big-plays or commit turnovers they still continue to play hard and have managed to pull out games - but I still feel Miami is gonna get exposed at some point - their defense is aggressive but they get gashed for big plays particularly in the running-game - back in the day Miami was built on speed and at times big physical teams would beat and/or dominate them and ND is supposed to be a big physical team - ND seems one-dimensional so that helps but again I have not seen them play
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Ohio St putting a beatdown on MSU - MSU doesn't have the athletes to compete
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi,

Here's my take. If nd can successfully run against The U all evening, they can win. If not The U wins.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    ^^^Guess I called that pretty well!
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Looking forward to Miami versus Clemson. Miami trashed ND.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    If anyone really thought nd would wipe out The U, they don't remember The U against teams (Nebraska, etc) with big SLOW linemen!
  • Daddillac
    7 years ago
    Of those good match ups yesterday, who would have thought the only good game would be Mississippi State and Alabama
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    The U at 2!
    AP.

There goes that rhyme crap again.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I hadn't seen neither Georgia nor Notre-Dame play this year but found it odd they'd be ranked #1 and #3 respectively and I didn't think they were legit but this was based on last year's performance since I had not seen them play this year; but my gut-feeling turned-out to be correct in that neither GA nor ND were as good as their ranking and not just b/c they got beat, they were clearly over-rated and had not been exposed by previous teams.

I still got my doubts w.r.t. Miami but really like the way their defense is playing - I like that the defense plays aggressive no-matter-what - I detest a team that plays "not to lose" - their offense is not at the level of the defense in terms of performance or aggressiveness but they are not terrible but def not great - I still got doubts about Mark Richt and him been able to go all the way and win the big-one, but he's def better than the avg coach and def much better than what Miami has had over the last 12-years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... The U at 2 ..."

Wow - I had not checked the polls - surprised they jumped all the way to #2 since Oklahoma and Clemson were both ranked ahead of them and they both won - and Wisconsin is also undefeated - might as well - doesn't seem to be any teams that are unbeatable this year.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi,

That's the AP poll and might be different in the CFP poll. I think the jump was due to two things. First nd was highly regarded by the pollsters. Second, that was a MAJOR beat down The U laid on nd!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    !
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion