tuscl

Strippers go on strike in battle against bartenders

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Can't we all just get along?

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/27/strippers…

12 comments

• joc13
    7 years ago
    Also goes to show why "Makin it rain" is such a stupid thing to do.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Why are the dancers dancing behind the bar anyway? Most of the money is even hitting the "stage". And yes, who makes it rain for that? Girls, you need to earn yo money.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ isn't hitting the stage...
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Hot stripper, usually bitches about other strippers, hot bartender can at least make me a drink, yeah I can see where the bartenders win in this scenario.
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    Bacon!!
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I tend to side with the strippers in this case, although again, who puts a stage behind the bar? The bartenders don't pay to work, usually get an honest wage (not sub-minimum) and make a lot in tips as they make all the drinks at the club. For them to cut into a strippers earnings is not fair to the stripper. I and many customers don't go to the club for the bartender.

I remember there was a club (and i think there still is a club in Elk Grove, IL, Heavenly Bodies) in Harvey, IL, Skybox, where they "hired" shot girls who could basically do all the things strippers did (LDs, CRs), but i don't think they had to pay the stripper house. Some of them even got called up to the stage (and girls there made a few hundred a weekend night just from the stage), although a few of them didn't get naked. It seemed like a better deal for them than the strippers.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    Well I'm going to go out on a limb here. I hate this whole setup. Who goes to a SC for the bartenders? We all have seen bartenders who are the best looking women in the club, I know a few, but a lot of these Nikki Minaj looking ones just look horrible to me. I guess my criticism is of this whole "enhanced" look that's all the rage now. You know what, I'm going to start a thread about it..
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Dumbass rain makers. Just hand your money to who you want to receive it. If bartenders want to get up on stage they should have to pay for that right just like the strippers do.

I liken their tip out monew to effectively renting stage time to advertise their services.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I'm not against "making it rain". I just don't like wasting money needlessly. And i believe the stage should be a moneymaker for the dancers as long as they "earn" their money. I'm not giving them money just for getting on the stage. There is a show and usually interaction that needs to take place.

But in that particularly example, it was so egregious what was happening, if what i think was happening was happening, and the comment seemed to indicate that it was. The bartenders basically got stage cuts every single damn time someone made it rain. And they were outright shamelessly stealing the dancers' money off of the stage. If i was at the club, i would be upset even if i didn't drop a single dollar on the stage, just seeing that.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    It would seem the club owners and promoters are pushing the "striptender" thing. Besides the setup with the stage being behind the bar, the "striptenders" do not pay housefees/tip outs, yet are allowed to twerk and dress like strippers and any rain that falls in "bar" territory(not on stage) they are letting the striptenders keep. They(striptenders) also do shit like knock money off the stage(the dollars that make it there) and onto the floor so its in "their territory". It would be interesting to see how the clubs would do with no strippers paying house fees and only having "striptenders".
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    To me it kinda fits in with what Dirk and I have been saying re Strippers whoring. Seems dancers are expected to make bank doing extras in many clubs so the stage money is part of the whole Party atmosphere that's all the rage at the *Hot" clubs.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    Also as to bartenders feeling above strippers, Ive always heard a SC bartender is just a stripper in training. Or a retired stripper.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion