tuscl

Favorite Restaurant

skibum609
Massachusetts
Do you have a favorite restaurant? Why is it your favorite? Example: We like Cafe Rosetti's for the following reasons: 1) Food is fantastic; 2)sidewalk, narrow road, sand, atlantic ocean is your view and I have yest to see a better one in my life; 3) 36 seats so getting one is an art; 4) b.y.o.b. - 2 beers and a fantastic pinot noir were under $30, when in a comparable restaurant you are looking at $80 minimum; 5) Amazing service.

28 comments

• joc13
    7 years ago
    Oasis Goodtime Emporium. Decent food, and a good number of other people in the restaurant are naked women.

Yes, this means that the situation with Oasis means I've stopped thinking of it as a strip club. Too much of what a strip club is supposed to have is no longer available there. So, now I just think of it as a super-breastaurant.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I guess the Waffle House because I eat breakfast there at least once a week.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    no. but I love Italian food. it’s my favorite
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i haven't been to a waffle house in decades. last nite i dined on a double double animal style at in-n-out after having costco combo pizza for breakfast.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Waffle house hash browns, covered and chunked. Thank you.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I don't have a specific favorite. My favorite local diner has gone downhill and it's now filthier than most VIP rooms.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I simply love taking otc girls to red lobster! That might be my favorite place for pre otc meals. It's perfect when a girl dresses the part in tight jeans - heels - and a tight top! I love watching the folks as I stroll by in my crappy jeans, work boots and t shirt.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    My favorite restaurant is a place I call My Apartment. On average, I eat there maybe 20 times per week. The average cost per meal is about $5. All ingredients used are store bought, and they are all organic and/or non-GMO. George Foreman does a lot of my cooking, and they make very good steaks, chicken and salmon.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    Anthony's, an upscale fresh seafood restaurant with locations in Washington and Oregon. All the locations are located near water and have great views.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Lol at Ironman
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    My favorite in Florida is the Okeechobee Steak House in West Palm Beach the main reason is the Steak USDA prime aged, cooked perfectly, and the service is outstanding, it is a family owned and run third generation, restaurant, and has been in existence since the 1950s. I have never had a bad meal there, and I have been going there for special occasions and taken dates there for over twenty years now.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    I travel a fair amount still and years ago way too much for my own good so it depends on the city or at least the region you are asking.

One of my favorites is http://www.keens.com/

or http://www.theredhendc.com/

• rockie
    7 years ago
    Ski: i’d give Cafe Rossetti’s a best bang for your buck in the Boston area and an A+ for combining ocean view w culinary delight. Boschamp’s in Destin Fl is my favorite restaurant (seaside view, fine dining and beverage options with a reasonable price tag, but not Rosetti’s price tag
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Best steak was probably Prime Steakhouse in Chicago or St. Elmo's in Indianapolis.

Seafood. Flaherty's in Carmel, CA or Buddy's in Annapolis, MD
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    We've got a small but dangerous good French cuisine restaurant here in Detwaa.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Never been into upscale dining - I can't find a place in Miami worth the $$$.

I've always liked Italian, when I lived in Dallas there was a family-owned restaurant called "Prego House" which I really liked (good food fair prices) and usually had good clientele particularly for dinner.

Also in Dallas really liked a bbq place called "Red Hot and Blue" (great food great prices - I was once picking up some to-go food and in comes Hershel Walker behind me also to pick up some food - this was in the mid 2000s after he was retired - he was not as tall nor big as I imagined him but it was winter and he was wearing a coat)
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    With kids, I don't get a lot of high dining. Don't really have a go to restaurant.

From my travels two of my favorite places I've been are Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch in Marina del Rey, Calif..(great southern style food) and the Copper Cellar in Knoxville, Tenn. (Best salad I've ever had. Steaks were good too) .
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    @Papi...

The only time I splurge on fine dining is when I take the wife out to celebrate something big. The one's I mentioned above had all been "business" meals except Buddy's. That's a favorite from my old stomping grounds where I grew up.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Best BBC was a place in Spring Hill TN.

It didn't have a name. It was open 3 days a week for lunch only. It was the pit master's house. He had a picnic table under a car port and served takeout style out of his kitchen window.

I learned of it when I was training the drivers and logistics staff at the Saturn plant.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Now that I remember, when I visit Cocoa Beach I like Brano's Italian restaurant, about 3 or 4 miles north of Inner Room on the same street - kinda a bit upscalish but decent/fair prices for what you get (nice place, good food, nice staff)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I'll have to check that one out, thanks for the tip Papi.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    LOL. I meant BBQ.

Damn.
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    I've eaten out a fair bit all over the country and in a lot of places abroad. In my general experience with so called "fine dining" you're paying more for the venue and the service than the quality of the food. The consistency might be better at those places, but even that isn't guaranteed.

If it's my call I usually just look for something new and hope I find a gem.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Twin Peaks. Much better food than the other Breastuarant chains, consistently tighter built and prettier waitresses, and great energy.
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    I'll also never understand the fascination with "getting a table". If I have to do anything more than make a reservation a couple nights out, I'm not interested, too many other places out there.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Ditto to Wet Willy. Among the breastaurant chains, Twin Peaks offers surprisingly good food, along with the excellent eye candy.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Depends on the City
    I would have to agree with Anthony's in Seattle.
    Although for lunch Steamers in Tacoma is good.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    papi chulo... try mangos south beach sometime. nice bar/ restaurant and entertainment. i enjoyed it four times during my week in miami a few years ago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion