tuscl

South Padre Island Strip Club Analysis

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
There is talk of an attorney wanting to build a new strip club on South Padre Island north of Beach Access 6, about six miles outside of town in an undeveloped part of the island.

https://www.portisabelsouthpadre.com/201…

Here are reasons why I think this would be a colossal failure:
1)Most people do not ever drive north of the SPI convention center because there is nothing but sand dunes. Many people would not know this club even exists.
2)The sand dunes blow over the road, making the club’s location semi-inaccessable. The club would also have to worry about sand getting everywhere inside the club and covering the parking lot.
3)Decent looking dancers would have to be bused in from elsewhere. The Mexican women in “the Valley” are some of the ugliest Mexican women I have encountered throughout Mexico and the Mexican diaspora. They are also very sexually conservative.
4)Outside of spring break, SPI is very family-friendly, unlike Miami Beach, Daytona Beach, etc.
5)The local Hispanic population that work the service jobs are poor. The winter Texans have money, but they typically only spend five or six months at the most on the island, so business would be seasonal at best.
6)Depending on the local regulations, which are likely to be very strict, you might be able to see and touch more skin on the beaches and in the pools than at the strip club.
7)SPI used to have a strip club called Babes. It closed down well over a decade ago.

8 comments

• sinclair
    7 years ago
    Back in the day we’d drive out to Beach Access #4, #5, or #6 late at night and set bonfires on the beach, drink beer, use drugs, fuck bitches, and blast music. Sometimes the police would show up and break up the parties. Other times, you’d wake up hung over as the sun came up over the horizon. Those were the old days when everything was OK, like Santa Cruz in the 1960’s.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Everyone thinks they can run a strip club. A lawyer running a strip club will be just as successful as a club manager practicing law.

Litigators think the proper strategy for any venture is to litigate. If law enforcement opposes you, grind them down with process, motions, and press releases. That might get the club opened. There's a little matter of the vice department. Police have long memories.

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    mark94 I have to disagree with you. One of the 2 owners, the major owner, of Follies is a retired attorney that specialized in representing adult businesses. any one doubt his success?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    An attorney paired with someone with SC mgt experience is ideal. I was assuming the SPI club owner was sole owner without mgt experience. Maybe that's a bad assumption.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Isn't So. Padre a vacation spot for families and youngsters? Men with their families along won't go to a club and youngster don't because they are more interested in the string bikini that just walked by swinging her just waxed butt.
    Why go to a strip club when you have girls of all shapes sizes and ages wandering around with less on than the average underwear model.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Is Padre now the family vacation spot for Texans, just like Outer Banks, NC is the vacation spot for all the rednecks in Ohio, PA, WV, VA and MD?
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    I got a bad sunburn on the bottom of my feet sleeping on So Padre Isl in the late '60s. Fell asleep, face down on a towel, before dawn, barefoot, but wearing long pants and a shirt. By the time I woke up, the soles of my feet were already red. I couldn't walk more than a few steps at a time for about a week - the pain really sucked and the "squishy" feel of the blisters was gross.

I remember South Padre Island, sure. Put all the damn strip clubs you want on that damn sand spit. I will not be back to cook my feet again!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion